5 stomp
5 rage
5 iron blood
5 hell scream
5 evade
have 1 point left over, and will be 4 left at lv 35
is evade important?
which skills should be added/dropped?

Personally I would do Super Mega Slash over Vengeful Slash. That is just my preference though.

Evade and IronBlood are great for survivability. Both have their uses.

Beckon, in my opinion, is a MUST. It would be the only way for you to catch up to casters, by bringing them to you. Depending on how much you will tank you wont need to put all 4 point into beckon though. Each rank will bring more enemies to you.

LordRaid
05-17-2010, 11:54 PM
Evade is impotent?

Lol.

And usually BaconKing, I'd agree, but in the case that strafing is allowed in PVP, a knockback slash may prove to be less useful than the other slashes because it knocks back the ranged opponent. Speculating here.

Evade + Iron Blood = Solid Buffs, Rage is good but when up against ranged enemies, the skill Beckon will be invaluable in this situation. But for general situations, I prefer rage over beckon.

TheBaconKing
05-18-2010, 12:04 AM
And usually BaconKing, I'd agree, but in the case that strafing is allowed in PVP, a knockback slash may prove to be less useful than the other slashes because it knocks back the ranged opponent. Speculating here.

The thing about SMS is that with 5 points into it you have a 90% chance to stun.

Evade + Iron Blood = Solid Buffs, Rage is good but when up against ranged enemies, the skill Beckon will be invaluable in this situation. But for general situations, I prefer rage over beckon.
I still think that Rage and Beckon are equally important for PvP. Pop page then beckon your enemy to you. If beckon fails to stun them then use SMS. You then could get off 1 maybe two good shots off with a 2hander. 2 hits that go for about 150, and critting for 250+ would just about kill any range class in this game.

Again like you, I am just speculating.

LordRaid
05-18-2010, 12:17 AM
The thing about SMS is that with 5 points into it you have a 90% chance to stun.

I still think that Rage and Beckon are equally important for PvP. Pop page then beckon your enemy to you. If beckon fails to stun them then use SMS. You then could get off 1 maybe two good shots off with a 2hander. 2 hits that go for about 150, and critting for 250+ would just about kill any range class in this game.

Again like you, I am just speculating.

If it can stun, why not crippling slash? Unless SM has higher damage

Mmph, I just thought in the case against ranged enemies, it's a fight to keep those darn birdies and females in place! xD They fail to grasp the sacrifice they are making for us when they succumb to our grizzly might. Blasphemous.
And the damage part, truth; I agree with that. A few hits with the beastly 2H swords after a quick pop stun could end the fight, which is why I wanted to go against rage; it might not last a short enough time and be wasted after a quick blow, but considering it aids in our quick two hit slashes, it does on the other hand prove to be important just like beckon.

Speculation, speculation.
-Grabs Passing Innocent- Hi birdy, wanna test something with me? :)

TheBaconKing
05-18-2010, 12:19 AM
If it can stun, why not crippling slash? Unless SM has higher damage

Crippling slash just roots the enemy, meaning they can still shoot their bow or spells. And more importantly they could use the knock back spells to keep us away. Thats why I like SMS, Beckon, and Hellscream. They all stun, which is what we warriors NEED!

Stomp does stun, but not near as practical for PvP as we want them to stay by us.

LordRaid
05-18-2010, 02:10 AM
Oh, thank you. Respeced right after I was able to use crippling slash, so I don't really have much experience with that skill.

Stomp is impractical when a warrior goes up against a ranged character that we warriors WANT to get near, unfortunately. It's a good dungeoning skill though :p

Considering Beckon stuns, it definitely is one heck of a skill. I also haven't put points into hellscream yet. Is it worth maxing out?

SlipperyJim
05-18-2010, 09:03 AM
Stomp + Beckon is a great combo against mobs. How well would it work in PvP?

Justg
05-18-2010, 09:29 AM
It is freaking amazing in PvP ... Cinco is the master and I was a little chicken puppet!

Thelonearcher
05-20-2010, 08:31 PM
Evade could make the range for archer usless
because
u can't get hit then make
the archer dizzy and kill it simple and I don't know why
some people
think archers are all that even though I'm a archer my self :)

Evante
05-20-2010, 10:59 PM
Hmmm... this is gonna be very interesting to see how it all plays out =)

BeardedBear
05-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Beckon, by far, is the best thing vs anything ranged. It not only brings them to you, but stuns them. IMO extremely underrated. This with a frosty hatchet, or battlesword (with stun) is enough to own. Throw in SMS and they won't be going very far.

I used to love stomp, but now I just hate it, especially when someone uses right after I pulled in a bunch of mages (or whatever the ranged red crocs are) with beckon in swamps. The whole point to to get near the ranged enemies, not push them away from you. Yeah it stuns, but not long enough for you to run at them and attack for more then a hit maybe. It's only useful when you are getting swarmed, and if you can't handle being swarmed, then you shouldn't be tanking.

Azrael
05-23-2010, 06:33 PM
It is freaking amazing in PvP ... Cinco is the master and I was a little chicken puppet!

Really? I get the idea of bouncing them around, but i dropped stomp because i rather root them next to me once i beckon them in, then pull out super mega slash and hellscream for more stuns.

NEED MORE STUN POWER SCOTTY

Bearghod
05-25-2010, 01:19 AM
I used to love stomp, but now I just hate it, especially when someone uses right after I pulled in a bunch of mages (or whatever the ranged red crocs are) with beckon in swamps. The whole point to to get near the ranged enemies, not push them away from you. Yeah it stuns, but not long enough for you to run at them and attack for more then a hit maybe. It's only useful when you are getting swarmed, and if you can't handle being swarmed, then you shouldn't be tanking.

Understand what you mean. But, besides stomping enemies away, what I like to do, especially in a party scenario, is to
1) Run up and then go behind a boss/caster enemy, and stomp it TOWARDS the party. This also helps if you stomp bosses into a cleared area away from its supporting mobs. I used these two tactics a lot with lebow.
2) Corner the boss/caster enemy against a "wall" or corner, and stomp it up against that "wall". :)

Designalt
05-25-2010, 03:14 AM
Stomp , bekon, mega slash dead :), I've been finding anyway. And with copper head plate, an copper head hammer your quite hard to hit once evade is up. In pvp that is

BeardedBear
05-25-2010, 10:11 AM
I agree with everything you said there, I just don't know if it warrants me putting 5 points in Stomp. I can see this being a nice trapper in PVP. I just prefer beckon with SMS and the rest auras.

Azrael
05-25-2010, 11:15 AM
At the moment using stomp with a bow bear is crazy

Ironblood, rage, shoot at em, if they get close, stomp. /end

Of course, this is a bad thing, but its how it is.

BeardedBear
05-25-2010, 11:40 AM
Oh brother. Stomp on a ranged bear is going to be annoying. Very fast cd too.

FeralDruid
05-25-2010, 12:52 PM
Anyone still think us bears are going to suck in PvP? After 2 shotting a chicken I had a moment of clarity ;)

FriedSushi
05-25-2010, 02:26 PM
well, when rage and iron blood are up, u usually kill the person first. When it runs out, you run away.
when melee gets to close, i use vengeful, sms, and then stomp. doesnt take extra time, and they shoot out further. sometimes it lags, and i cant cast it fast enough, and the bear gets close enough and i die.
and blast arrows annoying, it should be nerfed a bit

Azrael
05-26-2010, 02:28 PM
The big 4 in pvp are beckon, rage, supermega slash and crippling slash. Throw in ironblood and evade and its all you really need.
I use hellscream rather than stomp.

Rannos
05-26-2010, 03:02 PM
I put one point in stomp as an additional AoE stun. It appears to stun about 50% of the time and doesn't push enemies more than a meter or two, which is still within range of a two-hander or a trident. This skill is a backup and I use it only as a last ditch, mana is too important for this skill to be worthwhile unless their is necessity.