PDA

View Full Version : Anyone check the back?

giayuan
02-18-2011, 10:51 AM
Deleted everything. Ignore title. I was reading old threads; now im REALLY craving a new world, like fnord. Based on old threads, 2 worlds is awesome! Any extreme oldie care to explain how the 2 worlds worked before?

KingFu
02-18-2011, 11:55 AM
Before it was just simply 2 servers. When you logged in, you decided which server you wanted to play on. The two servers were completely separate, if you looted an item on fnord, and wanted it on alterra, too bad:p It was the same exact game, just kinda like having too apps for it depending where you wanted to play (both were almost identical, same maps and everything) it was oh so very simple. I remember on the Alterra server we'd laugh at Fnord for being deserted, and Fnord would laugh at us (Alterra) for having a crowded laggy server lol.

Devs said they don't think another server is necessary for a while, I predict they'll add another server around the time PC version is released since Pc should draw in a bigger audience.

Royce
02-18-2011, 12:31 PM
Ah Fnord... I miss it so...

Yanis
02-18-2011, 12:45 PM
75 concurrent users on Fnord was a crowd...Altera peaked at 500 or so and that felt massive... Royce had characters on both servers so he would bring news of the promise land back to poor Fnord...we would sit by the fire in the swamps and listen to stories...

I think the cumulative exp of all the players in Fnord was less than what it takes to go from lvl50 to lvl 56 today...there were no hats (although hats used to drop, you could not see them - like rings today), no pvp, no consignment shop, only one town, but it was so much fun :)

Physiologic
02-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Opening new worlds in MMOs only work when there is a strong, established userbase. That way, when a new world does open up, new AND old players alike can join. New worlds are enticing to veteran players simply because of two things: absence of a market and starting "fresh." It's fun when veteran players migrate from an old world to a new one and play together all over again like "the good old times, when everyone was noob." Also, if the Consignment Shoppe isn't shared between two worlds, the new world is open to a brand spankin' new economy you can be king (or queen) of. You basically control the prices once you start racking in the pink :)

Two worlds would of course be unreasonable at the start of an extremely small community. The general public would simply flock over to the most populated one because there's a lot more microinteractions going on.

giayuan
02-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Thanks all for answering, though I was mainly looking for mysticals answer. So there was absolutely no contact between servers? meh.. wouldnt it be nice to have a ship or something take you to the other server for a certain amount of payment or something? Like make fnord again and have a lvl limit of 45? than there would be no more (or at least less) "NOOBS IN MY GAME!!!! D:" or low lvls joining alien oasis, etc.

KingFu
02-18-2011, 04:43 PM
75 concurrent users on Fnord was a crowd...Altera peaked at 500 or so and that felt massive... Royce had characters on both servers so he would bring news of the promise land back to poor Fnord...we would sit by the fire in the swamps and listen to stories...

I think the cumulative exp of all the players in Fnord was less than what it takes to go from lvl50 to lvl 56 today...there were no hats (although hats used to drop, you could not see them - like rings today), no pvp, no consignment shop, only one town, but it was so much fun :)

Ahh, flash back. No trade, no gifting, you couldn't even private message. Was there even a friends list? I dont remember. Gem staffs were the fattest loot in town, and of course, everyone knew everyone:)

Edit:

Neither servers had any connection. I wish they made a server for oldies where the cap was 25 or 30 like back in good ol' 1.2;)

giayuan
02-18-2011, 04:47 PM
Gem staffs were the fattest loot in town, and of course, everyone knew everyone:)

Gem staffs?

I wish they made a server for oldies where the cap was 25 or 30 like back in good ol' 1.2

If they did that, it would sure be a very empty server :D

KingFu
02-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Gem staffs?

If they did that, it would sure be a very empty server :D

1) Gem staffs. Ie, gem staff of lightning of mastery. Look the same as some lightning bolt staffs, and the same as the level 19 flaming fire blaster of mastery (without the white particles) use to be my favorite staff/weapon until it lost it's glossiness.

2) True, maybe not just oldies, but forum allumnies :p Dont think devs would make such a thing, but I would like to be a part of it if it did happen;)

giayuan
02-18-2011, 04:52 PM
True, maybe not just oldies, but forum allumnies :p Dont think devs would make such a thing, but I would like to be a part of it if it did happen;)

Add some special service and ill PAY to be in there :D

Conradin
02-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Fnord was nice, sigh, it was almost like a private server. I had friends on alterra that had chars on fnord and we would play just by ourselves. It was nice.

superglut2
02-18-2011, 05:22 PM
Sounds all kida lonely, i rly want a 2nd world but ud have to be lvl 50 to enter, maybe get on a ship tp get thwre and u can only play there with 50+ id love that.

giayuan
02-18-2011, 05:24 PM
Sounds all kida lonely, i rly want a 2nd world but ud have to be lvl 50 to enter, maybe get on a ship tp get thwre and u can only play there with 50+ id love that.

'tis what I was saying, glad people understand ;D

KingFu
02-18-2011, 05:24 PM

Id hate because it'd draw in more power leveled noobs to crash the partyy....

hawkei
02-18-2011, 05:31 PM
I would like to have a pvp world. Where you can steal 1k fom the person you kill

Royce
02-18-2011, 05:31 PM
Id hate because it'd draw in more power leveled noobs to crash the partyy....

The trip to get to the boat to travel there could require you to solo an elite map :D

Otukura
02-18-2011, 05:38 PM
The trip to get to the boat to travel there could require you to solo an elite map :D

Hm... wouldn't be worth it if you had to do that every time... I'm not even on long enough for that, I bet.

And if it was just once, they'd just get every pot possible.

Could make it a biweekly thing...

giayuan
02-18-2011, 06:01 PM
If the devs make a high lvl world like the one described above, ill buy the 800 plat pack twice :D

TwinkTastical
02-18-2011, 09:50 PM
Fnord was a magical place... We ate sponges.

giayuan
02-19-2011, 12:54 AM
Fnord was a magical place... We ate sponges.

WHOA what?

Zerious
02-19-2011, 12:57 AM
WHOA what?

sig that it'll make him happy

giayuan
02-19-2011, 01:01 AM
sig that it'll make him happy

Lmao what? i read either "Sign that it will make him happy", or "Signature that, it will make him happy"
1. eating sponges does not seem appealing to me at all ;D
2. why would sigging it make me happy? :confused:

Zerious
02-19-2011, 01:15 AM
Lmao what? i read either "Sign that it will make him happy", or "Signature that, it will make him happy"
1. eating sponges does not seem appealing to me at all ;D
2. why would sigging it make me happy? :confused:

I meant adding TT's comment as a signature... Ugh it's too late for this sht... Coffeetime, even tho Joey told me not to... TGIF

Pharcyde
02-19-2011, 01:24 AM
I was a Alterra newbie :(. They added Fnord right after I quit and took it away right as I came back.