PDA

View Full Version : Some Balefort Sewer Suggestions

krazii
02-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Hey Devs,

Thanks again for the Balefort Sewer expansion, it's really cool and fun to play.

I would like to propose the following for your consideration:

1. Increase pink drop rate - I know you've heard this before. Simply put, looting pinks makes the game more enjoyable and keeps us all more interested. The rates now seem a bit extreme and only the richest (or luckiest) players are able to obtain these items. Not asking for 100% but something more then where it's at now would be nice.

2. Change crafting bonuses - It's very hard and/or expensive to obtain all the ingredients to craft an item. The bonuses on crafted items do not seem like they are beneficial to each particular class (there's lot's of other threads on this). Could you please consider changing the crafted items to make them better then they are now. (add beneficial stats) Question: do you think a crafted item should be better then just the regular item?

3. Change Bears fury gear - Please add at least 1 m/s to each piece of the bears fury gear (maybe this could be added as part of crafting each item?). We are back to spamming pots now for mana and this isn't fun. I will have suggestions for other classes as soon as I play them more.

4. Set bonuses for LvL 55 pink sets - Will you add please or do you already have plans to add?

Thanks for your consideration, really like the new expansion a lot, especially the quests (daily and otherwise).

Kraz

Royce
02-18-2011, 03:26 PM
I completely disagree with 1. I love the drop rate as is. It should be hard to get pinks. IMO the current rate is ideal.

Related to 2 and 3, personally I would just love to see doddery crafting options for each item so you could sort of customize the stats as you like to a degree.

I am also hoping set bonuses will come, and I have a feeling they will.

romgar1
02-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Agrees with Royce. I LOVE!!! the new lower drop rate. Instead of pinks rarely getting me exicited at all, I now am even happy with purple drops. I expect sometime in the future to see a set bonus for the lvl 55 pinks. Giving us, the players, a little more control over the stats we can tweak in crafting would me amazing. When I first saw the gems, I thought that was going to be available. For example, at the bottom of a recipe, 4 misc. slots for gems. Magic gems give 1m/s and one int to that item. Focus gem gives 1% to dodge, hit%, and crit. ect. In addition, maybe adding options to the LOOK of the items we craft.
Thanks for given this thread a look guys.

Moogerfooger
02-18-2011, 04:02 PM
When I first saw the gems, I thought that was going to be available. For example, at the bottom of a recipe, 4 misc. slots for gems. Magic gems give 1m/s and one int to that item. Focus gem gives 1% to dodge, hit%, and crit. ect. In addition, maybe adding options to the LOOK of the items we craft.

Awesome idea. I actually was hoping we could do this when I first saw 'Gemstone Setting', that we would be able to plug a gem with certain attributes like dodge, or damage, or regen, or whatever, into the 55 crafted gear. No dice, unfortunately.

To ride the coattails of your idea, just make each recipe have an optional 'gem slot' that we could put a gem into...don't have to, but you could...I bet that would increase the interest in crafting, which doesn't seem to be that much right now.

Kujen
02-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Awesome idea. I actually was hoping we could do this when I first saw 'Gemstone Setting', that we would be able to plug a gem with certain attributes like dodge, or damage, or regen, or whatever, into the 55 crafted gear. No dice, unfortunately.

To ride the coattails of your idea, just make each recipe have an optional 'gem slot' that we could put a gem into...don't have to, but you could...I bet that would increase the interest in crafting, which doesn't seem to be that much right now.

True customization would definitely increase the interest. It's not really customized when there's only one option. I think it would be cool if you could add gems, each gem giving a different attribute and design. So you could tell if somebody's armor is this color, then they must have used this gem.

krazii
02-18-2011, 04:18 PM
I completely disagree with 1. I love the drop rate as is. It should be hard to get pinks. IMO the current rate is ideal.

Hard yes, nearly impossible no!

Fyrce
02-18-2011, 04:25 PM
There seem to be plenty of pinks being looted. Just check CS. Lots of recipes, L55 pink gear for sale.

FluffNStuff
02-18-2011, 04:28 PM
I don't have a problem with the stingy pink drop rate in BS because the purple, green and even some orange items are extremely usable. The casual player can easily get everything they ~need~ while the hard core players have a something rare (ie, valuable) to hunt and sell.

Norbert
02-18-2011, 05:32 PM
I love the idea of more customization of crafting. I'd thought along those lines too -- that you might have a recipe with 3 slots and you could plug in any combination of gems to get something really custom. Then people might even craft a couple of the same item for different purposes.

Ellyidol
02-18-2011, 05:51 PM
I definitely agree with crafting.

1. More customization, the gems should apply to higher levels too! (I don't know how they're going to add gems to BS. Maybe have level 50 version of FH gems?)

2. Crafting, IMO, SHOULD yield better items than normal ones. It's kinda common sense, especially with how muck work you put into it. :)

giayuan
02-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Hmm.. everything is great and all, but I strongly OPPOSE number 1! Pinks are legendaries! Not bundles of joy!

superglut2
02-19-2011, 10:01 AM
Drop rate is great the rest needs improvement.