PDA

View Full Version : you think this green wand is better than the pink 55?

Echelong
02-18-2011, 03:31 PM
This is a random green wand but it is quite good has a lot of damage and adds more skill damage than the laser wand and glow stick has good h/s and m/s misses on hit and crit but all around its a very good wand.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff490/Echelong/photo-1.png

Fyrce
02-18-2011, 04:09 PM
I think which gemstone stuff people like depends on the person and their stats. I'm actually liking all this mixing and matching. I'm carrying a whole lot of extra gear because I can't decide which level I want my stats at. It's pretty neat. Still experimenting with amazingly high crit or amazingly high armor or other stuff or mixes, etc.

It would be neat if each gemstone type was a different color, or something, so we can tell that people are wearing different items

Major
02-18-2011, 04:10 PM
It would be neat if each gemstone type was a different color, or something, so we can tell that people are wearing different items

Eventually im sure there will be....hopefully a gemstone set bonus too lol.

Royce
02-18-2011, 04:15 PM
For an Int mage, Mega Mage is the best. You get more armor, more regen, an mor damage (including skill damage). Lowman's greens are second best and definitely better than the Mastermind purples.

Also all the gemstone weapons do have unique colors so you can tell what type someone is using ;)

Riccits
02-21-2011, 04:33 AM
For an Int mage, Mega Mage is the best. You get more armor, more regen, an mor damage (including skill damage). Lowman's greens are second best and definitely better than the Mastermind purples.

Also all the gemstone weapons do have unique colors so you can tell what type someone is using ;)´

how is fighting with mega mage when u have no hs? du u feel much difference to a equip with hs? do u have to use much more heal and DL?

kopi
02-21-2011, 07:01 AM
Well in reality h/s doesnt save you from dying. Its better to have high dodge rate

Major
02-21-2011, 09:19 AM
´how is fighting with mega mage when u have no hs? du u feel much difference to a equip with hs? do u have to use much more heal and DL?

I've have my Mage with all the maga Mage gear with the gemstone crafted staff (8h/s) and it's pretty good....I mean I'm already used to dying a bunch lol.....I don't really recommend crafting the mega Mage gear tho since your are changing your m/s to h/s...isn't that what heal is for....I dunno it's nice but all in all I'd rather have more mana regen.

Riccits
02-21-2011, 09:27 AM
I've have my Mage with all the maga Mage gear with the gemstone crafted staff (8h/s) and it's pretty good....I mean I'm already used to dying a bunch lol.....I don't really recommend crafting the mega Mage gear tho since your are changing your m/s to h/s...isn't that what heal is for....I dunno it's nice but all in all I'd rather have more mana regen.

but do u feel to need the 8hs for ur mage? and when tomorrow a set bonus with non-crafted set will be avaiable u can throw away the staff.... :-/

Phoenixking
02-21-2011, 09:29 AM
This is a random green wand but it is quite good has a lot of damage and adds more skill damage than the laser wand and glow stick has good h/s and m/s misses on hit and crit but all around its a very good wand.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff490/Echelong/photo-1.png

If hit is above 84 it doesnt matter anymore since it doesnt get better then 84% phsioligical tested that and proved it

Major
02-21-2011, 09:29 AM
but do u feel to need the 8hs for ur mage? and when tomorrow a set bonus with non-crafted set will be avaiable u can throw away the staff.... :-/

No I most def do not think it needs the h/s at all....and what's this about the set bonus?

Royce
02-21-2011, 11:00 AM
´

how is fighting with mega mage when u have no hs? du u feel much difference to a equip with hs? do u have to use much more heal and DL?

Mages absolutely do not need more than 0 H/s. It's a completely worthless stat. Mage health jumps up and down. It doesn't slowly rise and fall. The second you take a hit, you better be using a heal or a potion or you will wind up dead. There is just no time when wearing cloth to let H/s work.

Tengotengo
02-21-2011, 12:06 PM
I like the Lowman's stuff. Contrary to popular belief, I like hs on my mage. With the low amount of HPs we get from the start, it's nice to fill up without using mana when running between fights. It's one less spell that's needed to cast, and then you can save that cooldown for archers or beat-up warriors.

That's another thing, what good is a kajillion ms when you have cooldowns? I'm in Cosmos right now which has a lot less ms, and I haven't seen it get down to less than 4/5s, and it immediately replenishes. It does stand to mention that I'm dual-spec, so I have less of a mana pool and alot more HPs than a pure mage.

Royce
02-21-2011, 12:15 PM
I like the Lowman's stuff. Contrary to popular belief, I like hs on my mage. With the low amount of HPs we get from the start, it's nice to fill up without using mana when running between fights. It's one less spell that's needed to cast, and then you can save that cooldown for archers or beat-up warriors.
this doesn't really make sense to me. Heal has a couple second cooldown. You should be hitting it every couple of seconds, and that gives you the equivalent of tremendous H/s. So much in fact that any piddly amount you can get from gear is meaningless.

That's another thing, what good is a kajillion ms when you have cooldowns? I'm in Cosmos right now which has a lot less ms, and I haven't seen it get down to less than 4/5s, and it immediately replenishes. It does stand to mention that I'm dual-spec, so I have less of a mana pool and alot more HPs than a pure mage.

There is M/s overkill, but it's still far more valuable than any amount of H/s. As I said there is absolutely no time for H/s to work on a Mage in combat. However, because if large mana pools, M/s (even amounts that go beyond what is needed to keep skills firing) can play a defensive role with mana shield. Because you then have your entire mana pool to work with as well as your health if mana is depleted, M/s actually has a chance to act and refill the shield while in combat, unlike totally worthless health regen ;)

That said, I would trade in some of the MM M/s overabundance for some Crit or dodge, but never H/s, never. Pallys are the only mages who can use H/s, but since this is a discussion of Int gear, I'm assuming we can leave them out.

Phoenixking
02-21-2011, 12:18 PM
This thread reminds me of do you think this cheaper shirt is better then this expensive one (we as the guys who have to pay say, the cheaper one