PDA

View Full Version : Help! :)

YesManx
02-18-2011, 04:35 PM
I am thinking about buying 100 platinum.

What should i spend this on, shall i unlock all the locations? im only level 12 mage :/.

How can i level fast from level 12 mage? can somebody please powerlevel me?

Thanksyou.

KingFu
02-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Buy the campaigns. Don't power level, honestly. It's a shame to see people wanting to not play the game and power level. Words of a dev: "Life is a journey, not a destination" So play the game, thats why its there. If you power level, you'll just get booted from games. As a level 12 you don't know how to play your character yet. You should learn how to play the character, by leveling the way it was intended, since mages and tanks are, in my opinion, the classes that need to do their job the best. Just trust me from witnessing. You'll get booted, and won't get very much respec from being power leveled...

On that note, buy all the campaigns, not just some, since the game is fantastic and you'll play maps everywhere from frozen mountains, to swamps and alien filled deserts. You may have some left over, in that case, save some to respec (spend 2 plat and change your skills or attributes) and maybe buy a face from magic mirror, or a vanity helm for looks:p

giayuan
02-18-2011, 04:43 PM
can somebody please powerlevel me?

For the future, never ever say that again on the forums to prevent mass flaming ;D

If you REALLY love this game as I do, do it! buy all the areas too and remember to purchase bundles, much cheaper. lvl12 mage to lvl55, thatd take 2-3 weeks, 30 min a day, if you do it legitly.

EDIT: and when you see mysticaldreams advice, take it! its one of the best on the forums aside from the devs (developers).

Major
02-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Powerleveling = BOOOO!

Zerious
02-18-2011, 04:45 PM
I'd say you can skip buying Skeller Krunch Returns.

Main ones:
•Balefort Castle
•Fathom Crypts
•Lost Expedition
•Ancient Swamps
•Alien Oasis I & II (abbreviated as AO1 and AO2)
•Trials of the Galactic Overlord (aka AO3)

*dark half-whispering voice* Say no to the Mynas Gen, avoid power-leveling. Join us in Pocket Legends savvy....

And have fun! :D

Major
02-18-2011, 04:47 PM
I'd say you can skip buying Skeller Krunch Returns.

Main ones:
•Balefort Castle
•Fathom Crypts
•Lost Expedition
•Ancient Swamps
•Alien Oasis I & II (abbreviated as AO1 and AO2)
•Trials of the Galactic Overlord (aka AO3)

And the balefort sewers of course...if you wanna be 56 that is.

Zojak
02-18-2011, 04:48 PM
I am thinking about buying 100 platinum.

What should i spend this on, shall i unlock all the locations? im only level 12 mage :/.

How can i level fast from level 12 mage? can somebody please powerlevel me?

Thanksyou.

I'd hold up on buying the platinum if i were you, theres a lot of free platinum to bed had by just hitting the "earn free platinum" button, and doing it that way, where you can buy some campaigns without even spending any money.

Leveling fast as a 12 mage? gather up your quests, grab a group, and bomb through all the quests and dungeons, you'll level very quickly.

As for powerleveling, i'd strongly suggest leveling on your own, powerleveling completely takes all the fun away from the game for you, AND for people around you. And i (as well as many others) would urge you don't ask for it on the boards, unless you want to get flamed, a lot.

Physiologic
02-18-2011, 04:51 PM
If this is your first character and you're already thinking about power-leveling (aka you're bored), you may not be playing in the next month or so.

giayuan
02-18-2011, 04:53 PM
If this is your first character and you're already thinking about power-leveling (aka you're bored), you may not be playing in the next month or so.

Oh god.. ITS HAPPENING!!! If i were you, i would edit out the power leveling part as FAST as you can!

YesManx
02-18-2011, 05:04 PM
okay i will not power-level:) thanks for all your help:]

Major
02-18-2011, 05:04 PM
haha good answer.. and your welcome!

superglut2
02-18-2011, 05:28 PM
If u rly wanna power lvl go spend ur plat on 1 custom profile and hide ur kills/death so all the flamming about powerlvling stops. If u rly wanna lvl fast( i dont believe its fun, but its ur thing) u can add me up, ill do some runs with u for free of course and help u a lil with ur char.

YesManx
02-18-2011, 05:36 PM
If u rly wanna power lvl go spend ur plat on 1 custom profile and hide ur kills/death so all the flamming about powerlvling stops. If u rly wanna lvl fast( i dont believe its fun, but its ur thing) u can add me up, ill do some runs with u for free of course and help u a lil with ur char.

okay whats your ingame name? i need some friends on it :)

superglut2
02-18-2011, 05:39 PM
Derschuetze

Otukura
02-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Yes, what's your name? I need to make a mental note to boot you... ;-)

superglut2
02-18-2011, 05:47 PM
Writing on iphone so lots of spelli g errors: Lol i just dont rly see why everyones flamming about power lvling, honestly i dont rly believe that u need to lvl up the right way to learn ur char.. This game is EXTREMELY easy to play.. Anyone who might disagree with me here.. Well i duno what to say about it. Basically once u were lvl 50 u could almost max pit ALL ur spells.. So there isnt a tactik on specing spells... Anoter thing is.. Im betting all my gold that at least 70%+ of pl playere just spam all their spells in pve anyways.. I have 4 lvl 50 chars so i kinda know all chars and seriosly.. If u take 10 minutes to read what the spell does u cab easily understand ur entire spell system.. And come on giys. I know u dont wanna hear this but what else is there to learn on pve? U run in tere with good gear, spam ur spells, spam pots and try not to die on the flames in sewers.. Only thing that are somewhat of a challenge is shadow caves abd some boses.. No real need to lvl up the rightway to "learn" ur char.. Well lets hear the troling about my post. Go for it..

KingFu
02-18-2011, 05:49 PM
Flaming has one "M"

That is all............

Major
02-18-2011, 05:50 PM
lol you are brave for that....personally i dont mind plvlin as long as you have a main up to 50+.....but not gonna lie you need the time till then to 'learn' your char and the way the game plays.

superglut2
02-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Like i said mystical im on iphone i dont rly care about correctin my spelling when i have to type with 2 figers on a tiny screen...

Major
02-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Like i said mystical im on iphone i dont rly care about correctin my spelling when i have to type with 2 figers on a tiny screen...

haha awesome....its just spelling lol

superglut2
02-18-2011, 05:54 PM
Well some ppl always have to find a reason to complain, if i woild have written on pc he wouldhave probqbly tried to find something else.. Thats life xD

Otukura
02-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Writing on iphone so lots of spelli g errors: Lol i just dont rly see why everyones flamming about power lvling, honestly i dont rly believe that u need to lvl up the right way to learn ur char.. This game is EXTREMELY easy to play.. what about play right?Anyone who might disagree with me here.. Well i duno what to say about it. Basically once u were lvl 50 u could almost max pit ALL ur spells.. So there isnt a tactik on specing spells... completely wrong...Anoter thing is.. Im betting all my gold that at least 70%+ of pl playere just spam all their spells in pve anyways..and how many of those are mynasgen I have 4 lvl 50 chars so i kinda know all chars and seriosly.. If u take 10 minutes to read what the spell does u cab easily understand ur entire spell system..spells don't say everything, much of the time. Take thorn root, it doesn't say it does hundreds of damage, but it does And come on giys. I know u dont wanna hear this but what else is there to learn on pve? combosU run in tere with good gear, spam ur spells, spam pots and try not to die on the flames in sewers.. Only thing that are somewhat of a challenge is shadow caves abd some boses.. No real need to lvl up the rightway to "learn" ur char.. Well lets hear the troling about my post. Go for it..

My thoughts in bold.

YesManx
02-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Derschuetze

just added you im called 'dyldotron'

KingFu
02-18-2011, 05:59 PM
5 minutes later.....

I think power leveling is the noob/lazy way out, the game was made to be PLAYED, not sit in the same level and let others do the work. You really do need to level to learn how to play your class, tanks need to learn to and how to tank, mages need to learn how to heal, and take care of their team, archers need to learn how to nuke, and debuff, and learn timing. Another thing is team work, learning how to play with the team rather than as individuals. I haven't had the option to power level. I joined back in the day, when the cap was 25, and I had to level to 25, going by the book, then to 30, 35, 40 etc. So why should others get the choice to power level? I could go on and on about this topic, but it has all been said, and some people still tend to ignore it. I don't think power leveling is wrong if you already know the game, and have a legit level 50+, but if not, I don't see the point in skipping through the game, only to be level 50+ and know less than legit level 25's. Does nothing but this community harm IMO Benefit: 0. I don't know if you were here during the strike of the Mynas Gen.....

superglut2
02-18-2011, 06:02 PM
I was talking about tje basics u need to play in order to play with others.. When a group of players plays who arebt my friends i rly dont care if a lvl 53 player "knows" his char perfectly.. I rly dont think anyone in here would boot someone cause he isnt using thron roots properly... These little things just Make you a good player.. The average player doesbt rly care much about it honestly.. I have many lvl 50 friends i played witu them when we were like lvl 20-30 (good old times) and MANY of them rly just spam their spells( even some friends who play thos game in real life) they just tell me that they rly dont care about all te spell combos. And yes they are from lvl 50 to lvl 55...

KingFu
02-18-2011, 06:04 PM
There is a difference between being a decent player and having the knowledge of a level 12 as a level 50.....

Major
02-18-2011, 06:06 PM
There is a difference between being a decent player and having the knowledge of a level 12 as a level 50.....

I agree with you but there will always be these types of players....espically when you are new and just want to be up to par with everyone else.

giayuan
02-18-2011, 06:08 PM
*Yawn* seems its over. Look at what this peace has turned into... becuz of that one trigger, its turned into a
GLUT VS MYSTICAL

Major
02-18-2011, 06:09 PM
And we are off...haha!!

YesManx
02-18-2011, 06:09 PM
i didnt want to cause an argument.. i just seen a "Power-Levelling" thread so thought it was like.. acceptable.

giayuan
02-18-2011, 06:11 PM
i didnt want to cause an argument.. i just seen a "Power-Levelling" thread so thought it was like.. acceptable.

Oooo... that word there, "acceptable".
And here comes another war.. lets get some popcorn!

YesManx
02-18-2011, 06:13 PM
all of this over power levelling though :/ why do people care? if i do power level its me whos losing out on the beneifts of the game not them? im not going to power level cus i want to have fun on the game, but still.. why does it really matter lo

superglut2
02-18-2011, 06:13 PM
I know biut people should stop complaining so mich about power lvlIg. There are so many threads.. This is a casual game that little kods play.. Hell i even have a lvl 53 friend who is 9 years old.. Its not all about power lvlong its of ur familiar with games like this and if ur the oght age.. Ppl dont see that there are many lil kids playing and everyones blaming it on power lvling.. Any player who has playes othwr mmos can easily learn the char in a few days..

Major
02-18-2011, 06:15 PM
ya but we will always have those who like it, hate it, and the ones that really dont care.....and you will hear from all of them in these forums!

giayuan
02-18-2011, 06:18 PM
all of this over power levelling though :/ why do people care? if i do power level its me whos losing out on the beneifts of the game not them? im not going to power level cus i want to have fun on the game, but still.. why does it really matter lo

all this bickering.. sigh..
But it actually DOES matter. If you dont learn to play, you will ruin the game for others who DO know how to play. And if glut comes in and says its just a game, well, a game is supposed to be fun and if its ruined, than its NOT fun.

EDIT: major is not bickering; hes sitting next to me watching the show~!

superglut2
02-18-2011, 06:20 PM
Yea. Its just annoying how ppl conpare this to like diablo or hellgate or any other game where u actually need a lot of skill. If this was a diablo forum or a wow forum id agree 100% but this is pocket legends? Has anyone here played diablo hardcore or has a lvl 80+ wow char? Or ever played everquest? Or even runescape? In tese games and manymore u need skill to learn ur char but not in pocket legends... U can easily learn the basics..

giayuan
02-18-2011, 06:21 PM
Yea. Its just annoying how ppl conpare this to like diablo or hellgate or any other game where u actually need a lot of skill. If this was a diablo forum or a wow forum id agree 100% but this is pocket legends? Has anyone here played diablo hardcore or has a lvl 80+ wow char? Or ever played everquest? Or even runescape? In tese games and manymore u need skill to learn ur char but not in pocket legends... U can easily learn the basics..

I have opinions, but Id rather watch this epic movie, getting epicer (lmao) by the second! Why does everyone always forget about maplestory? T_T that was my childhood joy!

superglut2
02-18-2011, 06:22 PM
Basically lvlimg would help the ppl who have mever played a mmo before try to get a feeling of a REALLY casual mmo.. Any other player who has played ozher mmos before dont need this..

Major
02-18-2011, 06:22 PM
EDIT: major is not bickering; hes sitting next to me watching the show~!

Speaking of which...where did u put that popcorn lol

giayuan
02-18-2011, 06:25 PM
Speaking of which...where did u put that popcorn lol

LOL im afraid a certain flame was strong enough to burn it :-(

Moogerfooger
02-18-2011, 06:33 PM
But it actually DOES matter. If you dont learn to play, you will ruin the game for others who DO know how to play. And if glut comes in and says its just a game, well, a game is supposed to be fun and if its ruined, than its NOT fun.

+ 1