PDA

View Full Version : We're all in the same boat

Oculus
12-28-2014, 01:04 AM
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e31/psohal777/FAA4FACC-4F75-4CC1-A0D6-D13CF312BA75_zpsjk8n35nd.png (http://s36.photobucket.com/user/psohal777/media/FAA4FACC-4F75-4CC1-A0D6-D13CF312BA75_zpsjk8n35nd.png.html)

Would be kinda cool if SL DL and PL
Had like a pvp tourney agaisnt AL
We all know what would be on the front line
77lust 3pc Bears

Warning this thread serves no purpose

Giazagilur
12-28-2014, 05:07 AM
It does serve a purpose though. It's too bad STS will still most likely put AL as their priority while the other games remain stagnant :(

Ssneakykills
12-28-2014, 05:10 AM
Yeah sts are too engrossed in arcane legends and forgetting the game/games that made it popular as it is and the company popular as it is

Shame nearly every game has so much potential it just seems we are willing to help and put the effort in but they aren't

for the lulz
12-28-2014, 05:50 AM
Yeah sts are too engrossed in arcane legends and forgetting the game/games that made it popular as it is and the company popular as it is

Shame nearly every game has so much potential it just seems we are willing to help and put the effort in but they aren't

As sad as i am about how much attention AL gets , its not fair to sts to say that they dont care about the other games. At the end of the day , sts is a business , not a freaking charity m8. Every game has its potential , but any imbecile who can use even 2% of their brain capacity , would be able to see that arcane legends is a much more profitable venture to invest their resources in.
You mentioned how you guys are willing to help , well thats just it , they dont really need your help . You can go ahead and suggest a mega cap with great new ideas , but when it comes down to the grind of it , working on all that new content is just a waste of resources and time. Sts cud very well spend that time working on Al , making much bigger profits . As a programmer , i can relate and understand how making new content for dead games isnt in the collective interest of sts.

PS But i still hate how pl gets no updates and im sorry if i sounded a bit harsh , but im up to my ears with people complaining about stuff like this , who have no clue about how a business model works.

Ssneakykills
12-28-2014, 06:05 AM
As sad as i am about how much attention AL gets , its not fair to sts to say that they dont care about the other games. At the end of the day , sts is a business , not a freaking charity m8. Every game has its potential , but any imbecile who can use even 2% of their brain capacity , would be able to see that arcane legends is a much more profitable venture to invest their resources in.
You mentioned how you guys are willing to help , well thats just it , they dont really need your help . You can go ahead and suggest a mega cap with great new ideas , but when it comes down to the grind of it , working on all that new content is just a waste of resources and time. Sts cud very well spend that time working on Al , making much bigger profits . As a programmer , i can relate and understand how making new content for dead games isnt in the collective interest of sts.

PS But i still hate how pl gets no updates and im sorry if i sounded a bit harsh , but im up to my ears with people complaining about stuff like this , who have no clue about how a business model works.

I know how business works but it's not hard to spend at least some time on the other games it's bad business to just leave and abandon games. We have the right to complain we are paying customers maybe if you invested some real life money you would understand people's frustration. All we ask is for a few updates a year or something new

Ps. They can't even satisfy their main customers in arcane legends if you take a look at the threads and the amount of people leaving

LEVEL ONE
12-28-2014, 06:18 AM
I know how business works but it's not hard to spend at least some time on the other games it's bad business to just leave and abandon games. We have the right to complain we are paying customers maybe if you invested some real life money you would understand people's frustration. All we ask is for a few updates a year or something new

Ps. They can't even satisfy their main customers in arcane legends if you take a look at the threads and the amount of people leaving

It is obviously not bad business abandoning games, at least not on the mobile platform with the current prevailing casual audience. It is hopeless at this moment to attempt to change STS's business model with some posts. Once the mobile market matures and gets out of this awkward stage, the persuasion for profit will force STS to treat their gamers differently. How long will this take to happen? I don't know. Will it happen? I don't know. But all you can do for now is not buy any platinum and hope others do so as well.

AL is not new anymore, STS is now focusing on copying a M.O.B.A. game which will certainly be more profitable than AL is.

Giazagilur
12-28-2014, 06:22 AM
From a business point of view, it's all about money and of course AL is worth more of their time, as proven by its success. It's sad to see PL decline from this "best game of 2011" to just some extra source of revenue. That is exactly why Pl has not been completely abandoned, with Sts easily bringing back old materials and some players still pouring their money. It's not just about business, but if sts even cares. Still, I guess that's how sts shows they still care about the game that served as the stepping stone to Al with these minimal updates. Am I thankful for these updates? Of course! Am I happy with these updates? Not so much. I hope AL does not share the same fate as these previous games...

for the lulz
12-28-2014, 06:29 AM

I feel embarrassed ( for your sake {cus ur my bestest best friend in the whole world} ) for pointing this out but ,you're contradicting yourself . Sts cant manage keeping up with the expectation of their most successful game. How do you expect them to concentrate on other games when they're already losing money?? Seriously stop making posts m8 , ur making lesser and lesser sense with each one.

iRandom
12-28-2014, 06:15 PM
I hope AL does not share the same fate as these previous games...
It shouldn't unless sts makes a better spin off.

iRandom
12-28-2014, 06:19 PM
Every game has its potential , but any imbecile who can use even 2% of their brain capacity , would be able to see that arcane legends is a much more profitable venture to invest their resources in.
Right now it is. But u can only siphon so much from a game (or anything in general)

AL will either completely die out, stay stagnant like PL and DL ( and SL), or become a profitable venture always bringing money!

GRIZZY
12-28-2014, 06:37 PM
People keep talking about how PL is dead. The game is only "dead" because STS doesn't update or add any new content. I still see hundreds of people I have never seen before online everyday. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see PL as a dying game at all in a communal way, it just needs more attention from STS.

MightyMicah
12-28-2014, 07:48 PM

I used to try defending STG as much as I could. And to be honest the "business" angle is about all that we can give them credit for. Theres a very wise saying that goes, "You make time for what's important to you." The simple fact of the matter is that STG doesn't make time for PL.

Awhile back Cinco Loco created a new cap for SL in his free time. Why? Because he cares about the game and it's community. I'm not saying we should demand more content like that, or even that STG should give us more content, but when STG tries to tell us, "We do care about PL" I just call flat out bull crap. Stop lying to us. That's all that I would ask.

Giazagilur
12-29-2014, 03:06 AM
I still see hundreds of people I have never seen before online everyday.

Most of the "new" people I see are either returning players, players who changed their names, or players who created new toons.

Oculus
12-29-2014, 06:41 AM
Most of the "new" people I see are either returning players, players who changed their names, or players who created new toons.

Yes agreed

for the lulz
12-29-2014, 07:02 AM
People keep talking about how PL is dead. The game is only "dead" because STS doesn't update or add any new content. I still see hundreds of people I have never seen before online everyday. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see PL as a dying game at all in a communal way, it just needs more attention from STS.
Arcane legends is a platinum oriented game. Pocket legends can be played and enjoyed without buying plat. Arcane legends already has a larger player base and a ton of ppl who buy platinum. You might argue that there are ppl in pocket legends who are willing to buy large amounts of platinum if there are new updates. Well the number of those players , compared to the number of plat buyers in AL is minute.

for the lulz
12-29-2014, 07:03 AM
-_- im supposed to be studying for a chemistry test ...i cant believe im here , debating business strategies for sts with you guys.

Mess
12-29-2014, 07:05 AM
PL is dead because sts don't care about us anymore.

GreenLord
12-29-2014, 08:40 AM
If we force STS to focus on PL instead, would 'nt AL start to wither? Also SL and DL need some love too.

for the lulz
12-29-2014, 10:12 AM
If we force STS to focus on PL instead, would 'nt AL start to wither? Also SL and DL need some love too.
"IF WE FORCE STS"
This is a joke right? What do you have in mind? We should all march up to sts hq with torches and pitch forks until they develop a new cap? Or do we keep crying about it on the forums . Should we all riot outside sts hq? Should we post pictures of kittens begging for a new cap ?

Armourslash
12-29-2014, 10:15 AM
This is a joke right? What do you have in mind? We should all march up to sts hq with torches and pitch forks until they develop a new cap? Or do we keep crying about it on the forums . Should we all riot outside sts hq? Should we post pictures of kittens begging for a new cap ?

That may make people cry xD.

iRandom
12-29-2014, 10:32 AM
It's business.
I don't blame them for it, but it doesn't mean i don't have to hate them for it.

GreenLord
12-29-2014, 10:51 AM
A riot was not in my mind. what I meant was if we could negiotiate( not sure if I am spelling this right) with STS to actually pasy attention to PL. preferably nonviolently.

iRandom
12-29-2014, 11:00 AM
A riot was not in my mind. what I meant was if we could negiotiate( not sure if I am spelling this right) with STS to actually pasy attention to PL. preferably nonviolently.

unless u can offer sts solid ideas for 8 new caps then u rlly have no bargaining chip

for the lulz
12-29-2014, 11:17 AM
Oh , so you mean something like this ?

GreenLord
12-29-2014, 02:58 PM
unless u can offer sts solid ideas for 8 new caps then u rlly have no bargaining chip

That wouldnt really work, because most ideas in PL Suggestions and Feedback are ignored, I heard.

Booked
12-29-2014, 03:11 PM
It maybe business about abandoning old games and stuff but it also gives bad reputation, as soon as they get another game out AL will die and so on, everyone will see that and will stop playing and move on to other games.

Oculus
12-29-2014, 03:50 PM
Everytime I look at this thread, posts are being deleted

LEVEL ONE
12-29-2014, 03:58 PM
Everytime I look at this thread, posts are being deleted

They are not. You are just thinking of the other thread with the same name. You made two.

Oculus
12-29-2014, 03:59 PM
Now it makes sense

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iRandom
12-29-2014, 04:14 PM
That wouldnt really work, because most ideas in PL Suggestions and Feedback are ignored, I heard.

Then put it in AL's suggestion and feedback