View Full Version : Max nightmare or weakness first?

ZnakeByte
02-19-2011, 03:56 AM
Hey guys. I'm level 50 and have just rebuild my skills to have some of those nice level 6 :). What I wonder now is what to max first: weakness or nightmare on my way to level 55. Im also planning to get 4 in ice storm. Shall I maybe choose that first (I have one already for combo).

Any ideas?

Final build will be

Orjin
02-19-2011, 01:20 PM
If your at 50 id have everything maxed except drain life and icestorm, finish up drain life then get the rest in icestorm. Icestorm damage ramps so slowly per level that I no reaseon to have more then 1 point into it until you have your other skills maxed.

noobmigo
02-19-2011, 01:27 PM
5 in DL or 6 in DL. It is the best single target move you have, and works as a second heal.

Royce
02-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Max nightmare first. It makes boss fights so much faster. And put 1 in Frotbite instead of 4 in icestorm. The additional DPS of even level 1 Frotbite is far more helpful than that one extra point in storm. I currently have the ice skills at 2 and 2 at level 55 and will probably drop storm to 1 and bump frost to 4 when I respec at 56.

ZnakeByte
02-19-2011, 05:16 PM
Great guys. The frostbite was my next q. Tried to fight a bit, and I felt disabled not having the last spell in my rotation for max dps. Thanks for all the great tips :)

sechs
02-21-2011, 03:50 AM
i have already maxed weakness before putting any point in nightmare :eek:

but it helped me to survive much better, i hope i won't regret too soon :P

Duke
02-22-2011, 01:34 PM
I think for group play, Nightmare is more important than Weakness, as the effects are compounded by each team member's attack. For solo play, Weakness may help your survivability.

On the other hand, I'm generally from the school of "the best defense is a good offense", so I'm partial to Nightmare. Best to have them both maxed out, of course, but order is important.