PDA

View Full Version : crafting not what i expected

thugimmortal
02-19-2011, 09:25 AM
When crafting was first introduced and it was said that to craft you take two or more items smash them together to make a new item. I was so excited with the possibilities but now im not to bothered about crafting as it is now. I thought that we would be able to combine weapons to make them better or a new weapon altogether and the same goes for the armour for example plasma sword of rift + sublessed sword = a better or new sword. The combinations would be mindblowing and it would breath life into the old pinks that no one wants (junk pinks i think people call them) legendary items are not meant to be forgotten. at least it would raise the prices of these forgotten pinks in the cs store thus making them worth looting because most of the time i just liquidate the junk pinks as they are not worth selling. i see this as a waste and a missed opportunity crafting could be so great and this is why im a bit dissappointed by crafting but maybe i set my hopes too high.

let me know what you guys think.
did you expect the same ?

im not being ungreatful the devs are doing a great job and i thank them for bringing us this awsome game.

superglut2
02-19-2011, 09:59 AM
Agreed, i was lookin forward to crafting but i rly dont bother with it because basically it just moves stats so its not rly what i was hoping for

BlazeMystic
02-19-2011, 10:12 AM
Hi Thug - yes I agree as well, I would have liked to have been able to craft existing elite items to enhance them further. I was also expecting something like this. As it is, I'm not sure what I think of the current crafting system - I like the idea of daily quests to find ingredients and this enhances the longevity of the game but when I purchased a level 55 legendary head armour item today, it wasn't really any better than the green item I had equipped. And when you look at the enhanced stats on that legendary item following crafting, I don't think there is much difference stat wise either. I expect with time, the devs will tweak things here and there.

Moogerfooger
02-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Totally agreed. I was kind of hoping for the same combine-two-old-items idea, or the ability to customize each one with the different gems.

Only thing I can hope for is that there is some kind of crazy future set bonus.

thugimmortal
02-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Totally agreed. I was kind of hoping for the same combine-two-old-items idea, or the baility to customize each one with the different gems.

Only thing I can hope for is that there is some kind of crazy future set bonus.

Yeah im liking the gem idea.
They could add a certain attribute to a crafted weapon/armour depending which gem was used.

how about a recipes like this:

super blaster recipe (from drop)

1 sentinel shotgun of death
1 mega blaster of the void
4 different elements from daily quests
2 elements from plat store eg. wire or screw
1 gem of your choise (that adds a certain attribute depending on the gem used)

This could be a totally new weapon with awsome dps or higher hit, crit
depending on the gem used.

this sort of thing could work for all pinks the combinations are endless. it could also work combining greens, purp and orange even white items with pinks. before update no one used these types of items im sure the devs didnt design these items just to be liquidated lol.

Riccits
02-21-2011, 03:11 AM
the most disappointig is that actually some crafted items are worser than before....
f.e. wich mage wants to loose 8 ms for 8 hs??? the crafting should add some hs but not change it to hs...

Tsarra
02-21-2011, 05:35 AM
Low-level crafting is for twinks (because a newbie isn't going to have the time or inclination to do what is required to get even ONE piece of that equipment at a level that would be appropriate) and the high-level crafting was nerfed before we ever saw it, I'm sure. I don't know if we're running up against an engine limitation or what, but what we have is not crafting. By definition, crafting allows you make something completely new...not "here, make one of these 10 things." Maybe STS's engine doesn't allow for this kind of flexibility, but I was really hoping for something like...oh, I found a Magic Gem...I wonder what happens when I take it to the crafting shop and combine it with my Cosmos Staff and these other crafting pieces I found...holy crap, it does even MORE damage!! And it says it's a "Crafted Cosmos Staff." Or, wow, say, I heard that the Master Craftsman in Wyldwood knows how to give my Charred Wand of Mastery an AOE proc...and I can probably even do the things he asks at that level without having to grind for 8 hours!

My other concern is around the crafted equipment itself which we have currently. If this is the direction that Crafting is heading in, I'll pass, thanks. Why is the Level 55 Crafted Equipment worse than the standard drops in the area? So...you mean to tell me that I will spend hours getting all of the pieces I need for this Level 55 Crafted Mega Mage Wand...and then, after all that, I'll be truly dismayed to discover that it doesn't have any of the stats I need on it? And all of my new equipment is like that? Wow...it's a good thing I'm not spending any of my time on that. As I said in another thread...the "Ultra-Rare" Level 55 Crafted Recipes are going for as little as 30k on CS right now...that should say something by itself.

Please fix Crafting, devs, if possible. :( Because all we really have right now is a UI and the same exact types of quests we had in the game already (go get 12 of these, 6 of these, kill one of this, and farm this item)...the only difference is now the quests take up space in our inventories and we're sometimes punished for finishing them.

im not being ungreatful the devs are doing a great job and i thank them for bringing us this awsome game.

Me neither, and I do not want this post perceived that way. This is just very, very broken and needs to be fixed, is all.

Ursanblessing
02-21-2011, 07:36 AM
the basic idea is ok.
The only thing they have to remove is the Recipe thing.

Maybe a good idea to make lvl 56 items. Just 1set for all 3 chars (it auto requires Dex OR Str OR Manapoints depend on the char you use).
With the craft drops, you can create it as you want. Some want dodge, others want m/s and others want defense.
Then not 1 item is the same, and alot of opportunities to create and change items.
You should also be able to re-craft as often as you want, but you only can re-use the crafted item not the ingredients.

And off course no set bonus required (or maybe a nice glowy thing)

Acyer
02-21-2011, 07:50 AM
Another reason is when you find a recipe you learn it forever not use it once then its gone.

Major
02-21-2011, 09:05 AM
Ya personally I don't like the way this whole crafting thing is put together....I spent 2 days to get everything I needed for my enchanted staff to be built and all I get is 8 h/s rather than 8 m/s.....I'm sorry but not cool lol....better be a set eventually!

Phoenixking
02-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Ya personally I don't like the way this whole crafting thing is put together....I spent 2 days to get everything I needed for my enchanted staff to be built and all I get is 8 h/s rather than 8 m/s.....I'm sorry but not cool lol....better be a set eventually!

How does stafff look?, and i know what you guys are talking about im so dissapointed, there are only a little recipes(i dont even like the idea of recipes) i remember everyone was excited but, look at us know, i really wished i could combine my recon with a sunbless bow, it would be sweet

Major
02-21-2011, 09:26 AM
How does stafff look?, and i know what you guys are talking about im so dissapointed, there are only a little recipes(i dont even like the idea of recipes) i remember everyone was excited but, look at us know, i really wished i could combine my recon with a sunbless bow, it would be sweet

Staff looks the same after I crafted it....short wooden stick with big pink gem on the end lol

Phoenixking
02-21-2011, 09:31 AM
Staff looks the same after I crafted it....short wooden stick with big pink gem on the end lol

I see what your aiming for lol, so its not a gold stick? Its a wood? LAME

Major
02-21-2011, 09:32 AM
I see what your aiming for lol, so its not a gold stick? Its a wood? LAME

Ya regular wood lol...has like silver band near the top lol

Phoenixking
02-21-2011, 09:36 AM
Ya regular wood lol...has like silver band near the top lol

Lmao, anyone has a fortified armor? I want to se if it looks like that of farrow the forge

Kattatonic
02-21-2011, 09:54 AM
Everytime I see or hear crafting and recipes, I think of little old ladies getting together....

Seriously though, I'm still intimadated by the whole dang thing. I have read a lot on here and still don't understand it much. Maybe that is because this is my first real game of this type? Idk.

Lesrider
02-21-2011, 10:19 AM
I haven't even bothered with crafting bc I'm not into twinking and have not been convinced that the BS pinks are worth farming for.
Also probably why I haven't been playing much since the first few days it came out. The excitement kinda died once I saw the stats on items. Why bother if my elite sets are better?

Major
02-21-2011, 10:23 AM
I know I hope the devs some how make the whole crafting process....worth it lol.

BeefyMeat
02-21-2011, 10:31 AM
I dont even think Pinks are the best weapons with certain setups. I currently use the Bagmans and Henchmans bows depending on where I am, and I dont really care to pay 99x the price to get so-so results in return. If the Devs wanted to create diversity in character they did it. No more cookie cutter pink twinks running around.

Riccits
02-21-2011, 10:54 AM
yep, a good set combines oranges, greens and purples.... every of them has some special stats...
never been before on PL... disappointing IMO...

BeefyMeat
02-21-2011, 11:14 AM
I disagree Riccits. I understand the desire to have the best gear, but at the same time it rendered everything else useless and worthless and anyone wearing them the same. This makes people step out of the twink mode, think a little with how they want to be setup, and sacrifice certain aspects. Having one set dominate makes everything else pointless and there isn't enough in this game for that not to happen.

I think the Devs did it right by allowing people to step out of the same cookie cutter setup on everyone.

Tsarra
02-21-2011, 06:06 PM
I disagree Riccits. I understand the desire to have the best gear, but at the same time it rendered everything else useless and worthless and anyone wearing them the same. This makes people step out of the twink mode, think a little with how they want to be setup, and sacrifice certain aspects. Having one set dominate makes everything else pointless and there isn't enough in this game for that not to happen.

I think the Devs did it right by allowing people to step out of the same cookie cutter setup on everyone.

While I won't argue that the types of gear available in BS are varied, they all look the same. Also, if that much time and effort are expected to be spent on crafting, everyone should have a reason to do it. As it stands, I don't, and it sounds like most of the people on this thread don't, either. To be honest, I don't even have a reason to go get any of the BS gear at all, but that's another rant for another time.

Kujen
02-21-2011, 06:36 PM
Pinks should be improved to be much better than other gear. Why are they so rare if common gear is just as good, if not better? Ive looted pinks and still found some greens to be better.

Crafted pinks should be improved to be the best, they should add stats instead of taking any away. Otherwise what's the point of rare recipes? MMORPGs are all about leveling up and getting the best gear. Right now, sewer pinks are not worth it. There is nothing to strive for.

They could add variety by introducing customized crafting. For example, you want m/s..put blue gem into this armor. You want damage..put red gem into this bow. Even better if crafting changed how items look as well.

Tsarra
02-21-2011, 08:42 PM
Pinks should be improved to be much better than other gear. Why are they so rare if common gear is just as good, if not better? Ive looted pinks and still found some greens to be better.

Crafted pinks should be improved to be the best, they should add stats instead of taking any away. Otherwise what's the point of rare recipes? MMORPGs are all about leveling up and getting the best gear. Right now, sewer pinks are not worth it. There is nothing to strive for.

They could add variety by introducing customized crafting. For example, you want m/s..put blue gem into this armor. You want damage..put red gem into this bow. Even better if crafting changed how items look as well.

+5000000

Well said, Kujen.

Riccits
02-22-2011, 03:08 AM

i didnt ment all other items than pinks should be useless, but pinks should be the best over all others... we want a reasn to farm the pinks..
atm iam only playing to level up and make some gold...

Christina
02-22-2011, 06:46 AM
Agree with u!!