PDA

View Full Version : Pocket legends PC

DorSpiner
02-19-2011, 09:49 AM
When Pocket Legends Will be on pc?

Turkster
02-19-2011, 02:34 PM
hopefully never. There have already been a few posts about this...use the search function

Grouwed
02-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Yeah. Though it would suck if the client for the game was PC only. It would be disappointing for us Mac and Linux users.

Vallist
02-19-2011, 05:38 PM
If its out for pc how can my device handle it =(

Royce
02-19-2011, 05:42 PM
They announced months ago that they were planning a PC version. However, it seems like the plans have been shelved or at least tremendously delayed since it was originally supposed to follow shortly after the Android client from my understanding, and that has now been out for months.

Physiologic
02-19-2011, 05:44 PM
I'm quitting if a PC version ever does comes out. Free MMOs on computers = hackers' galore.

KingFu
02-19-2011, 05:45 PM
At first they said shortly after android client, but they pushed it back. They said after wrapping up all the end game content and all they will most likely release a PC client, and I believe it will be on the same server.

There is a possibility that black star has pushed it back further though. Since they said this before they announced black star coming. Although, they have said that black star won't slow down PL developing so it could go either way.

Physiologic
02-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Is the general community against this or for this? Pocket Legends on PC is real bad news and I'm surprised there wasn't an outrage (or was there an outrage?).

Royce
02-19-2011, 05:56 PM
There's an article with a picture of PL running on a PC here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/content.php?179-Pocket-Legends-Four-Platforms-One-Server
It seems clear to me that if they really wanted the PC client out, it would be out by now. I wonder if they backed off from the idea due to hacking concerns or lack of a preexisting distribution service (like the AppStore or android market). I mean I suppose they could have simply run into a snag, but they had a running client months ago, and I doubt they wouldn't have perfected it by now if that was still a priority for them.

And yes Phys, many people have spoken out against the potential client due to hacking concerns and PvP balance concerns.

Physiologic
02-19-2011, 06:04 PM
They seemed very adamant on releasing it...and based on what Cass said recently about Blackstar:

Focus is Android and Apple mobile and tablets to start... PC down the line. That said, who knows what will happen based on the popularity of the mobile game :)

They probably couldn't find a publisher...Sigh, please let this be Pocket Legends and not Multi-Platform Legends.

Vallist
02-19-2011, 06:07 PM
everyone like it right now
why do we need a pc version
it's fine the way it is

Pharcyde
02-19-2011, 06:07 PM
It might have been scrapped all together. Blackstar was originally a PC platform game, now its only on mobile platforms? Then after the devs started talking to us about blackstar more, we all got the feel that they are wanting to avoid PC platforms all together.

Ellyidol
02-19-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm quitting too if it goes to PC. I love PL for what it is, a mobile game.

Royce
02-19-2011, 06:28 PM
We should maybe note that in that article, Justg said:

“The PC client is more of an effort to support the mobile users,” explained Gary, “we designed this game for short play sessions, but our players were plugging their phones into the wall and into their PCs so they could play the game for hours at a time!”
So they weren't really planning to move away from the mobile format as much as they were planning to support and fulfill the needs of their existing mobile users. I'm not sure exactly what that means, but it seems relevant to this discussion.

Physiologic
02-19-2011, 06:34 PM
I love the banning system in this game - it's by device ID. I know you can duplicate and alter that around so you can still hack your way back into a creating new account but it's much more tedious than making a simple proxy on the computer.

If they truly open up the game to computers, they can only ban by IP and there's way too many people who can get around that :( There will no longer be an efficient banning system.

Pharcyde
02-19-2011, 06:36 PM
I love the banning system in this game - it's by device ID. I know you can duplicate and alter that around so you can still hack your way back into a creating new account but it's much more tedious than making a simple proxy on the computer.

If they truly open up the game to computers, they can only ban by IP and there's way too many people who can get around that :( There will no longer be an efficient banning system

o.O I am really biting my tongue on this one. It can be changed with a press of a finger *cough*

Royce
02-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Along the lines of this being a companion client for mobile users, they could simply have no way to create an account from the PC client. I'm not sure it would make sense from a business perspective to restrict access to potential PC players just to maintain their currently excellent enforcement methods, but it's a thought...

Physiologic
02-19-2011, 06:44 PM
o.O I am really biting my tongue on this one. It can be changed with a press of a finger *cough*

Nope, you can't change unique device ID's with a press of a button. Not going to delve on this matter any further because it would probably be considered hacking discussion.

Pharcyde
02-19-2011, 06:49 PM
Nope, you can't change unique device ID's with a press of a button. Not going to delve on this matter any further because it would probably be considered hacking discussion.

I wont go into depth on it because like you said, hacking discussion. I used to change mine a good 50 times a day for special one time benefits on certain games before I found Pocket Legends. Right tools = Fast change. Leave it at that before it gets too far into a hack discussion.

Ellyidol
02-19-2011, 06:52 PM
I like what Royce said. Only accounts created on mobile devices are used in PC. That way, only existing accounts stay, and new ones need a mobile to start in the first place. :)

Physiologic
02-19-2011, 06:55 PM
I wont go into depth on it because like you said, hacking discussion. I used to change mine a good 50 times a day for special one time benefits on certain games before I found Pocket Legends. Right tools = Fast change. Leave it at that before it gets too far into a hack discussion.

I'll go ahead and state that the devs most likely bans users via their IMEI.

You do realize changing your IMEI is totally illegal and carries with it a criminal sentence, right?

Pharcyde
02-19-2011, 06:57 PM
As well as all other sources of Ipod UDID. Everything on the ipod is pretty much illegal, but doesn't stop anyone.

Edit: Can a Ipod even have a IMEI? Since its not a mobile carrier and would have no reason for a identity for trackers.

Kossi
02-19-2011, 06:58 PM
i sure hope PL doesnt come out on pc... Hackers, glitchers, cheaters, bots, RWT.... LAG

Physiologic
02-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Now really, you can't argue that. Changing an IMEI is beyond the scope of a typical PL user and is in fact harder than utilizing proxies on a comp.

Saying something like "it's illegal but everyone does it" is like the same thing as stealing from a grocery store during a full-blown riot. If everyone's doing it, it should be fine, right?

Royce
02-19-2011, 07:04 PM
i sure hope PL doesnt come out on pc... Hackers, glitchers, cheaters, bots, RWT.... LAG

The devs have always held that lag is in PL is a result mostly of device processing and network connections between your device and the server, and that server load is not an issue. They have said when the need arises to increase server capacity, they are prepared to do that, and I see no reason to disbelieve them. Everything else may be a legitimate concern but the belief that too many users cause lag (many times in game I've heard people blame a death on the android crowd and all the lag they brought) is, afaik, a fallacy.

Pharcyde
02-19-2011, 07:06 PM
Now really, you can't argue that. Changing an IMEI is beyond the scope of a typical PL user and is in fact harder than utilizing proxies on a comp.

Saying something like "it's illegal but everyone does it" is like the same thing as stealing from a grocery store during a full-blown riot. If everyone's doing it, it should be fine, right?

UDID and IMEI are beyond the scope of a typical user, but isn't too hard. UDID is a one press changer, IMEI is a 8 step process.

Only way you will get in trouble is if you do something major or your state has a specific law about it. Fed. wont waste their time on a IMEI change and if theres no state law, then its free go.

Also just checked something.

Ipod - Everything runs off UDID ID's.
Iphone - IMEI and UDID.

Physiologic
02-19-2011, 07:18 PM
Point I'm making is, every device that connects on-line to some server has to be manufactured with a unique ID, whether it's a serial number, IMEI, or UDID, and banning them from these unique IDs is totally efficient.

The only way users would have to go around with would be through an illegal (at the Federal level) and tedious method. Making a proxy is not illegal at all.

Of course, if the devs create some system like Royce has described, this is completely moot. But going around a device ban is much more annoying to do and requires you to go beyond legality.

Pharcyde
02-19-2011, 07:25 PM
Gotcha .

WhoIsThis
02-19-2011, 10:06 PM
There is one flaw with the IMEI ban: people will eventually buy a new phone. Plus creating a new email is a trivial matter. The only thing they lose is all that time they spent levelling and cash spent on platinum. On top of that, many people already have a phone and a tablet. The way things are going, it looks like operating systems like Android and iOS will completely supplant the traditional feature phones in a few years, even to people who buy budget phones.

The point is that changing your IMEI is not necessary. There other ways to do it.

Edit: Maybe we should create a new thread and move this discussion to another thread. It is going off-topic.