PDA

View Full Version : Crafting/Questing suggestions

noneo
02-19-2011, 12:16 PM
I've got a few suggestions here..

I think it would be great if PL either updated crafting to suit my following suggestion, or to come out with a brand new skill. This skill has been talked about a bit here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19673-crafting-not-what-i-expected), and I am fully on board with it.

I think that “smelting/blacksmithing/metalwork/inventing/whatever you want to call it” would be an amazing feature to have in game. You could be able to take multiple armor pieces, weapons, shields, etc and mix them together to form some incredible interesting items. This would urge more people to continue to play the game to farm for rare drops that mix together to make the best weapon out there. This could be a huge attribute to both PVE and PVP. Also, do the same thing with armor where you can mix them together (using some items bought with Plat to support Spacetime of course =) and create some very interesting and powerful armor.

I also think that questing needs to be addressed. Currently, quests are kill 10 of these, bring me 25 of these which honestly, is pretty dang boring. I think it would make the game far more interesting if you had quests that spanned multiple areas that was more or less a treasure hunt for the next piece of the puzzle. (you can start flaming me for referencing Runescape now…) Runescape had some great quests that incorporated all the skills of the game, critical thinking, teamwork, and just sheer determination and aspiration. Right now, achieving all the quests in PL is as easy as following a group of lvl 50’s around for a day. If you made these quests using more intuition, people would actually take pride and train to accomplish the quests.

Please post below more of your ideas. And let me know what you think of mine.