PDA

View Full Version : Can a Remove-From-Map button be added

Schnitzel
12-29-2014, 06:05 PM
not sure if it has already been suggested in the past,

is it possible to add a "Remove" button that removes a player from a PvE map, similar to the one in PL?

it will be especially helpful in the current event and future events.

I apologize for the paragraph below,
I'm tired of joining random games (friends offline, can't party with friends)
then when fighting the boss, 1-3 players die, then wait for the boss to be killed,
re-spawn and get reward.

or if possible,

can this be a feature of future events:
each player within the map must deal at-least X amount of damage to the enemy NPC in order to receive the points/rewards

Serancha
12-29-2014, 06:13 PM
Solo party then invite guild once you find out what boss it is. If you party with randoms, you're going to get annoyances.

However, boot buttons have been discussed for other things in AL and the general consensus is that it would be used more for trolling than for its actual purpose.

Schnitzel
12-29-2014, 10:37 PM
1. Solo party then invite guild once you find out what boss it is. If you party with randoms, you're going to get annoyances.
2. However, boot buttons have been discussed for other things in AL and the general consensus is that it would be used more for trolling than for its actual purpose.

Replies:
1. thing is, I can't find any friends/guild members to pt with
2. What about the second suggestion:

each player within the map must deal at-least X amount of damage to the enemy NPC in order to receive the points/rewards

Dvsk
12-29-2014, 11:20 PM
The thing with that is that warriors will need to work 2-3 times as hard to get the damage done compared to mages, and rouges will do it even faster. So there is a huge disadvantage in this, plus people sometimes have low damage with randoms while 1 or 2 go in with twice or even three times those. That means even if percentage of damage was to be dealt other than damage itself, it still wouldn't work.

So lets put this is a scenario - Player 1,2,3 have 300 dps/dmg and fight boss all the way through.
However player 4 has 1000 dps/dmg and only hits a couple times (lets say rouge) and gets massive crits.
So that would mean that player 4 only needs to do a few seconds of hits and then can hide and get prize.

Schnitzel
12-30-2014, 12:12 AM
The thing with that is that warriors will need to work 2-3 times as hard to get the damage done compared to mages, and rouges will do it even faster. So there is a huge disadvantage in this, plus people sometimes have low damage with randoms while 1 or 2 go in with twice or even three times those. That means even if percentage of damage was to be dealt other than damage itself, it still wouldn't work.

So lets put this is a scenario - Player 1,2,3 have 300 dps/dmg and fight boss all the way through.
However player 4 has 1000 dps/dmg and only hits a couple times (lets say rouge) and gets massive crits.
So that would mean that player 4 only needs to do a few seconds of hits and then can hide and get prize.

thanks for feedback

Pohdoh
12-30-2014, 04:36 AM
IMO, NO. People already dislike having tanks in their event team because it is slower. Imagine having a boot button.

Raselph
12-30-2014, 07:40 AM
IMO, NO. People already dislike having tanks in their event team because it is slower. Imagine having a boot button.

I agree, lol. I think if sts had allowed the self party (/partyinvite xxx) to stay in game, maybe it was better idea to solo than boot. But u still can politely ask the person to leave ._.

Jiarijiba
12-30-2014, 08:35 AM
To me running with pugs is one of the greatest things in game. Yes, sometime somebody leaves and someone stands in corner, but that makes it more challenging, doesn't it...

Sure if you are running for lb, or buying energy, I can see it being annoying as well.