PDA

View Full Version : PL Shield Requirements

Grouwed
02-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Am thinking of entering a future competition to win PL Shield and I am wondering what the requirements are. Do you guys know? Will I have too respec to str to use it?
:confused:

Royce
02-19-2011, 05:19 PM
There are no requirements for the PL or community shield other than level 1.

Pharcyde
02-19-2011, 05:27 PM
I think me means as what are the requirements to win it.

Theres no way to win it, stating to the community that you want to win it will make you less likely to obtain it. The shield is granted to players who have made outstanding contributions to the community without demand of reward. Thats why it is hard to win the shield if you weren't a contributer before the "Guardians" idea came around, because judging someones commitment is judged more harshly.

Community Shield = Very helpful player or runner up in certain contests.
PL Shield = Top of the chain, true PL legends or #1 contestant in certain events. I think there is 4 in the game, it would be 5 but if I am correct, one of the PL shield holders got banned or quit.

Royce
02-19-2011, 05:28 PM
He asked if he would need to respec to Str so I believe he was simply asking about the level and attribute requirements...

Pharcyde
02-19-2011, 05:31 PM
He asked if he would need to respec to Str so I believe he was simply asking about the level and attribute requirements...

:P Just read to here.. "Am thinking of entering a future competition to win PL Shield and I am wondering what the requirements are"

Lesrider
02-19-2011, 05:31 PM
He said competition so probably meant one of the contests, not that he was gonna try being all nice and helpful to get one.

Pharcyde
02-19-2011, 05:32 PM
He said competition so probably meant one of the contests, not that he was gonna try being all nice and helpful to get one.

Okay haha I'm out of it.. Been working on CS5 all day making tons of new designs nd not reading right.

Grouwed
02-19-2011, 05:33 PM
No, I meant whether you had too have strength and stuff. Not the Requirements for a contest. Thanks though.

Physiologic
02-19-2011, 05:53 PM
On the same topic - what's the diff between the PL Shield and the Shield of Legends? I saw this VioletSaint fella who was awarded with one (as well as Yanis) but the picture on the thread was just of a PL Shield. Is it the same thing?

Pharcyde
02-19-2011, 05:58 PM
forgot the exact difference but it's like 1 h/s and 2 armor difference between the two.

RedRyder
02-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Been working on CS5 all day making tons of new designs nd not reading right.

ive been working illustrator CS5 all day haha

Royce
02-19-2011, 06:00 PM
On the same topic - what's the diff between the PL Shield and the Shield of Legends? I saw this VioletSaint fella who was awarded with one (as well as Yanis) but the picture on the thread was just of a PL Shield. Is it the same thing?

The shield of legends has slightly better stats. I can't remembe exactly but something along the lines of a couple armor and a couple health. Ask Yanis, he has both ;)

Pharcyde
02-19-2011, 06:05 PM
ive been working illustrator CS5 all day haha

nice... Lucky... :( I want the new illustrator badly, I got the old crappy one and now with Photshop CS5, I want it more than ever. You can make some really really REALLY nice effects in photoshop with a basic black shape from illustrator.

Example: Illustrator can make this

http://imgs.abduzeedo.com/files/tutorials/Abduzeedo_WC3/step1.jpg

Then Photoshop can transform it into this:

http://imgs.abduzeedo.com/files/tutorials/Abduzeedo_WC3/step11.jpg

RedRyder
02-19-2011, 06:22 PM
that looks amazinggggg. the only progs i can use are illusstrator and corel painter pro since its what they teach us in school. im using illustrator to color in the PL comic. btw i only have a 30day liscence for illustrator.. so sadenning... SIGH

Pharcyde
02-19-2011, 06:23 PM
that looks amazinggggg. the only progs i can use are illusstrator and corel painter pro since its what they teach us in school. im using illustrator to color in the PL comic. btw i only have a 30day liscence for illustrator.. so sadenning... SIGH

I'm super duper exited to see your comic btw...

RedRyder
02-19-2011, 06:25 PM
you could see the very rough first 2 pgs of it in its thread in off topic. im not reviving it till i make some more progress. ill be posting a colored sample tonight.

Kossi
02-19-2011, 06:36 PM

Theres no way to win it, stating to the community that you want to win it will make you less likely to obtain it. The shield is granted to players who have made outstanding contributions to the community without demand of reward. Thats why it is hard to win the shield if you weren't a contributer before the "Guardians" idea came around, because judging someones commitment is judged more harshly.

PL Shield = Top of the chain, true PL legends or #1 contestant in certain events. I think there is 4 in the game, it would be 5 but if I am correct, one of the PL shield holders got banned or quit.

i have a screenie of Haroldiv, Kavanah, and violentsaint all holding pl shields. 2 of them got banned. 1 of them quit.

Royce
02-19-2011, 06:40 PM
i have a screenie of Haroldiv, Kavanah, and violentsaint all holding pl shields. 2 of them got banned. 1 of them quit.

Harold took an extended break (maybe quit), and Kavanah was banned but had already quit and was trying to sell his account. Violentsaint didn't get banned did he?

Kossi
02-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Harold took an extended break (maybe quit), and Kavanah was banned but had already quit and was trying to sell his account. Violentsaint didn't get banned did he?

didnt haroldiv get banned at first?

yes haroldiv quit (1% chance of return)

Pharcyde
02-19-2011, 06:46 PM
O.o soo... Yanis, ViolentSaint and that one girl who won video contest are the only remaining Pocket Legend's Shields currently?...

P.S. - Droid outfits are pretty much dead... Varking is Varking, on for 5 minutes once a month. Then theres really only one active droid outfit currently whos on for at least 10 mins a week... That's what happens when pretty much unknown and new droid gamers get special rare items.. :/...

Conradin
02-19-2011, 06:50 PM
yep, when a player gets a PL shield they have a 65% better chance to quit....

Pharcyde
02-19-2011, 06:52 PM
yep, when a player gets a PL shield they have a 65% better chance to quit....

The darn curse....

Kossi
02-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Recieving a Pl shield has side effects: Quitting, Getting Banned, Nausea, and death

Pharcyde
02-19-2011, 06:55 PM
Recieving a Pl shield has side effects: Quitting, Getting Banned, Nausea, and death

I will laugh if some poor new gamer gets scared off by Kossi's post.

Kossi
02-19-2011, 06:59 PM
I will laugh if some poor new gamer gets scared off by Kossi's post.

lulz anything can scare off a new gamer

i didnt start rs until 2 years later because i didnt want to read the TOA

Klemen
02-19-2011, 07:22 PM

forgot the exact difference but it's like 1 h/s and 2 armor difference between the two.

The shield of legends has slightly better stats. I can't remembe exactly but something along the lines of a couple armor and a couple health. Ask Yanis, he has both ;)
Hmmm.... I think that you mixed the Shield of Legends (PL shield) with the community shield?

Pharcyde
02-19-2011, 07:30 PM
Nope, okay going off of memory here now but as close as I remember stats.

If I am correct, PL Shield is +10 Hp, 18 or 20 armor and I think.... 5 h/s?
Then Community Shield is +10Hp 16 or 18 armor and 4 h/s?

KingFu
02-19-2011, 07:56 PM
Pocket legends shield - Requirement: Level 1 Stats: 17 armor 10 health

Community shield - Requirement: Level 1 Stats: 15 armor 8 health

Going off memory:p I'm 90% sure these are the stats though.

Grouwed
02-19-2011, 08:02 PM
Lol. I should tell my gullible sister Kossi's post that so she doesn't enter comps with that as the prize!

TwinkTastical
02-19-2011, 10:56 PM

3 in game, 2 got banned.

Otukura
02-20-2011, 01:25 AM
P.S. - Droid outfits are pretty much dead... Varking is Varking, on for 5 minutes once a month. Then theres really only one active droid outfit currently whos on for at least 10 mins a week... That's what happens when pretty much unknown and new droid gamers get special rare items.. :/...

No no... I still see them about once every 1-2 days... friends with a guy who has one. Windwolves, or something...