PDA

View Full Version : Why PvP is Dead - And How We Can Fix It

suckyiknow
12-30-2014, 05:42 AM
Hello all,

To start of with, the reason I have not put this under the PvP section is because I want it to be a GENERAL DISCUSSION. I believe I have pinpointed the main reason PvP is dead right now - and that is, simply put, Karma.

In endgame right now, all PvPers have a choice - to go solo, or join Karma. That's literally how bad it is right now as the only dominating guild in the bracket is Karma. It has come to the point where it is simply no fun any more - if you are not Karma, you're free food for them - and if you are, you have no one to kill.

So I have a friendly proposal to the members of this legendary guild which I like and respect very much:

Remove the rule which states you cannot kill guildies in PvP.

This will certainly enliven PvP.

Also, as people, I believe we can fix the game if we work to stop ganging and trash talking.

Thoughts?

Ice
12-30-2014, 05:54 AM
Rolf this made my day.. Well There is a lot of guild in Game Like Unified, Magnum , DM , and CU... all great guild with good pvp players.

If they are up to the challenge we would like to have a friendly clash :)

Really Karma is a Small guild compare to Unified , DM and CU. we only have 400+ members while Unified has 700+ , DM has 1,000+, CU last time i check it was like 800-1k members..

My point is there is still a lot of player doing pvp, maybe your in the wrong time zone :)

tharidom
12-30-2014, 06:05 AM
Why join a guild if they would kill you? You would basically be giving your enemies a join button to kill you.

Bhosxjay
12-30-2014, 06:45 AM
Better Solo then than Killing each other in One Guild

Raselph
12-30-2014, 06:55 AM
If this rule of killing guildie gets removed. Then dummy farmers get their chance. And btw doesnt mean that if ur karma u will survive pvp. Nothing like that. In karma we work as a family and help each other. And if ur karma. All you would notice is ppl challenging u, guilds start to say karma here...people come in...and the rest follows. Now in this game, the heavy geared survive and live.

Titanium
12-30-2014, 07:17 AM
I think you mean CtF is controlled by Karma. It is. Because 80% of Karma members are basically "sleeping" there. I'm pvping since January 2014. And I can make a history lesson for everyone here. First was Pride who made a PvP guild only. Not more than 100 members i think weren't so many active players ( when i joined ) because most of them were quitting or they got bored PvPing. Also was formed Magnum a guild with more than 300 members ( and counting ) + infininte allies to stop Pride domination.

I fought Magnum&co .. I can say i was farmed with the price of getting experience in CTF. I was blocked but i never left. And i seen people joining my guild who felt like me... who never quit fighting and never leave. And trust me. Are many. Also i did one thing. I NEVER came on forum to open threads about pvp.
Take 4 friends join same map in CtF and practice fighting against Karma.

I don't think PvP is dead. CtF is controlled by Karma and in TDM you will find a mixture of 10000000 guilds playing together.

What happens in PvP stays in PvP

Darkquantum
12-30-2014, 07:27 AM
Guys I don't think it was any guilds fault, ( Although I do love the blame game :)) I'm sure we all have friends in many different guilds, and also people that aren't so desirable lol. As I see it you have your >gangers 70%, people who gang sometimes 20%, and your straight up good guys 10%.(only a gess and only my personal opinion) The perception that it was karmas fault is probably because until recently 55% to 70% of the people that Actually did pvp on a regular basis were karma. Also lol just a side note if its an even game 3v3 for instance don't call play or leave. Thanks :) enjoy

You join a room, get ganged once.. shame on them, you get ganged a second time... same on you, you get ganged a 3rd time........ lol get outta there you fool!!, you get ganged a 4th time.......... you dont care about your kdr :p

Ice
12-30-2014, 07:33 AM
Guys I don't think it was any guilds fault, ( Although I do love the blame game :)) I'm sure we all have friends in many different guilds, and also people that aren't so desirable lol. As I see it you have your >gangers 70%, people who gang sometimes 20%, and your straight up good guys 10%.(only a gess and only my personal opinion) The perception that it was karmas fault is probably because until recently 55% to 70% of the people that Actually did pvp on a regular basis were karma. Also lol just a side note if its an even game 3v3 for instance don't call play or leave. Thanks :) enjoy

You join a room, get ganged once.. shame on them, you get ganged a second time... same on you, you get ganged a 3rd time........ lol get outta there you fool!!, you get ganged a 4th time.......... you dont care about your kdr :p

Rolf! nice one

Raselph
12-30-2014, 07:35 AM
Rolf! nice one

U mean rofl? Loooool ^_^

Ice
12-30-2014, 07:38 AM
U mean rofl? Loooool ^_^

ROLF is "Rolling On Laughing Floor"

Meh your so nab! wahahah

Raselph
12-30-2014, 07:41 AM
ROLF is "Rolling On Laughing Floor"

Meh your so nab! wahahah

Loooool!! Everyone is a nab! I thought rofl meant rolling on the floor laughing?

Ice
12-30-2014, 07:43 AM
Loooool!! Everyone is a nab! I thought rofl meant rolling on the floor laughing?

wahahah so now you know... next time you use Google hehehe! GG!

Raselph
12-30-2014, 07:47 AM
wahahah so now you know... next time you use Google hehehe! GG!

LOL!

Ovtlaw
12-30-2014, 09:27 AM
Rolf this made my day.. Well There is a lot of guild in Game Like Unified, Magnum , DM , and CU... all great guild with good pvp players.

If they are up to the challenge we would like to have a friendly clash :)

Really Karma is a Small guild compare to Unified , DM and CU. we only have 400+ members while Unified has 700+ , DM has 1,000+, CU last time i check it was like 800-1k members..

My point is there is still a lot of player doing pvp, maybe your in the wrong time zone :)

Imagine if sns doesn't exist... Ur guild is food to magnum. LOL

Zeus
12-30-2014, 10:26 AM

Click my YouTube channel for pre-SnS era clashes. Additionally, the tournaments were pre-SnS as well. Your comment does not match up with the facts.

Afterfive
12-30-2014, 10:37 AM

I think all you do is playing in twink bracket, and you are just bla bla-ing in here... as was already said, tournaments were won by Karma.. and check the rules if you don't have a clue...
Food for what? That guild still exist? And if it does, maybe its a PVE guild....cause they run so fast from a room that you can't even see their names...

And to not forget... pigs are flying! Now go back to ur twinking cause you know nothing about endgame... ty!

Nrt
12-30-2014, 10:47 AM

are u sure ?? Lol

Raselph
12-30-2014, 11:17 AM

Ur twinking absolutely or maybe ur brain needs an "upgrade" about what end game really is. U can also see the pre sns vids by hitting zeus's signature. And btw magnum is not of any interest now. Even without sns we have Literally FARMED magnum, lol. U barely know anything at endgame. Why doncha getcha end game and getcha butt whacked up to gain some knowledge eh?

Litheus
12-30-2014, 11:24 AM
Click my YouTube channel for pre-SnS era clashes. Additionally, the tournaments were pre-SnS as well. Your comment does not match up with the facts.

i saw that one...i got farmed because of that
my frend called me of all people to tdm to help him...they farmed us...i said "i saw ur video where u were farmed like kids"
they called backup...arcane warrior..got farmed even more..didnt leave coz i was a warrior...nice experience

Spell
12-30-2014, 11:24 AM
Hi im karma rogue lets play a lil huhu.

* pew pew pew * gg

obee
12-30-2014, 11:25 AM
The point of an MMO is a lot of PvE with some PvP. Why is PvP such a problem in this game? Everyone is always immaturely arguing. I thought this was gone after I stopped seeing flaming threads, but now it has resurfaced. Karma can do whatever they want, you can't tell a guild to change their rules. If they are the best, so what? Twinking is better for you if you are complaining about endgame PvP. All people do is complain these days. Just go and play the game. Karma shouldn't be criticized for winning.

demonrazor
12-30-2014, 11:34 AM
The point of an MMO is a lot of PvE with some PvP. Why is PvP such a problem in this game? Everyone is always immaturely arguing. I thought this was gone after I stopped seeing flaming threads, but now it has resurfaced. Karma can do whatever they want, you can't tell a guild to change their rules. If they are the best, so what? Twinking is better for you if you are complaining about endgame PvP. All people do is complain these days. Just go and play the game. Karma shouldn't be criticized for winning.

Well, karma has changed their rules. Prevention of dummy farmer and other rules. If those rules are violated..then the result is a warning or most likely to be an insta kick.

Zeus
12-30-2014, 11:34 AM
Hi im karma rogue lets play a lil huhu.

* pew pew pew * gg

With the way damage is going, it only takes 1 *pew* now. Lol!

Spell
12-30-2014, 11:36 AM
With the way damage is going, it only takes 1 *pew* now. Lol!

I was taking on the whole team duuuh hehe

NotYoCookiez
12-30-2014, 12:01 PM
wait is it not physically possible to attack guild members? Like it wont let you target them? Or you mean a rule made by players?

Spell
12-30-2014, 12:03 PM
wait is it not physically possible to attack guild members? Like it wont let you target them? Or you mean a rule made by players?

We usually dont kill guild members unless its a guild v guild clash.we are a big family! Its frowned upon to kill your fam hehe.

Kingofninjas
12-30-2014, 01:23 PM
In my guild, we join opposite all the time. It's really fun to play against friends / guild mates and I wish other guilds would try it more often. We obviously don't gang guild mates and it's just a friendly match.

+11111111. Some of the most fun clashes I've played are against friends? Why? Because having friends against you helps keep things friendly and free of drama.

cami
12-30-2014, 01:28 PM
I never go to pvp because many gang

Kriticality
12-30-2014, 01:44 PM
I'll fight anyone in PVP. Don't care about my K/D and usually won't quit unless I'm the last one left. I find the great players inspiring and have a lot of respect for them. I also join solo most of the time. It's a good feeling when you get invited to play WITH some of these guys/gals after you try your best and hold your own. I just started playing game in October I think and of course started playing PVP at endgame. You gotta get stomped to get better IMO. Some of the elite Karma members smash me and some others are just like everyone else. I've also found that a lot of Karma members are very helpful when asked serious questions about game mechanics and other things. Karma should stay the same, it's up to the rest of us to smash back. At least thats what I think. Seems like a lot of people want an easy match that they can win. Give me a challenge over an easy match any day. That's just the kind of dude I am though. Good day peeps! :-)

Serancha
12-30-2014, 02:31 PM
Pheonix and DM are two guilds that have never implemented the "no killing guildies" rule, and funny enough, they are 2 of the lowest drama guilds around. Food for thought.

Zeus
12-30-2014, 02:53 PM
Pheonix and DM are two guilds that have never implemented the "no killing guildies" rule, and funny enough, they are 2 of the lowest drama guilds around. Food for thought.

Yes, but coordination and teamwork shows more in guilds that have the no killing guildie rule. Personally, I used to be against it but now I can see that it makes the guild stronger when it comes to activities like tournaments.

One can always implement a no killing guildie rule and then implement friendly clashes within guild to learn. My personal opinion, but I value teamwork and synergy. If some drama comes at that expense, so be it. It's well worth it!

Litheus
12-30-2014, 03:03 PM
there is only one rule in pvp
"GET BETTER OR GET BEATEN"

Deathlyreaper
12-30-2014, 05:14 PM
I did noticed that sometimes when I join ctf I have to wait like 10 minutes for it
to open and that just plain boring.(Also a tip for you people that is not really good at pvp when you see a karma person that doesnt like you gtfo) thats usually what I do, I try to make friends with them but its hard they hardly know me and I have to survive pvp with and exped rifle(getting better at it though thanks to instanthumor)also when I call my guildies for back-up sometimes they're too busy on event so im left with weak teammates agaisnt gangers.

obee
12-30-2014, 05:36 PM
Phoenix has like 300 people...

Ravager
12-30-2014, 06:34 PM
Why do guildmates with these silly no-killing guildmates rules almost always join opposite sides at the beginning then? If you're not going to attack the opposite color then get out. Gang me all you want. Just don't take a spot as I'm trying to call for backup.

Deathlyreaper
12-30-2014, 06:59 PM
I'll fight anyone in PVP. Don't care about my K/D and usually won't quit unless I'm the last one left. I find the great players inspiring and have a lot of respect for them. I also join solo most of the time. It's a good feeling when you get invited to play WITH some of these guys/gals after you try your best and hold your own. I just started playing game in October I think and of course started playing PVP at endgame. You gotta get stomped to get better IMO. Some of the elite Karma members smash me and some others are just like everyone else. I've also found that a lot of Karma members are very helpful when asked serious questions about game mechanics and other things. Karma should stay the same, it's up to the rest of us to smash back. At least thats what I think. Seems like a lot of people want an easy match that they can win. Give me a challenge over an easy match any day. That's just the kind of dude I am though. Good day peeps! :-)

Agree
Honestly I thought all karma memebers are elite so I was scared of them and it turns out not all are elite I can beat some members if they dont have mythic weapons.So the ones that are actually ruining the game (for me that is) are the gangers.Mostly tanks(not saying all tanks are gangers) because im a mage.So when I challenged them to 1v1 they dont accept but some do but when I beat them in 1v1 they just come back to gang with their tank friends.I can actually beat a tank thats not that op heck I even beat a tank with bulwark and i use exped.Im pretty suprised myself since im a mage and tanks are known for squishing us.
So what im saying is Karma is not to blame the gangers are.

Zeus
12-30-2014, 07:19 PM
Why do guildmates with these silly no-killing guildmates rules almost always join opposite sides at the beginning then? If you're not going to attack the opposite color then get out. Gang me all you want. Just don't take a spot as I'm trying to call for backup.

I can't tell you how many times I have to say this in guild chat.

Deathlyreaper
12-30-2014, 08:44 PM
I can't tell you how many times I have to say this in guild chat.

Lol but do they ever listen?

Froxanthar
12-30-2014, 09:11 PM
That pew pew pew is so familiar. :chuncky:

Anarchist
12-31-2014, 12:20 AM
Disband the guild, problem solved.

More micro groups will be created, power will be redistributed and noobs won't think they are pro and have rights to do things they shouldn't cause they got a title spelled K-A-R-M-A.
I am still laughing at the "gang and you will be kicked independently from current position" guild rule. Its my daily joke.

Tharo
01-14-2015, 11:13 AM
I've heard so many raging complaints about how pvp is right now where fully geared group is taking the advantage. while others turn out
to be food and get farmed. I dont pvp but how they described it made me think of a suggestion. This may not be agreeable to all but
maybe effective in someways like armor points, hp, dmg etc. Balancing these factors may result to even a fair game..... meaning.....

RANDOM PVP

1. When you join into a pvp room, you'll be randomly put into a room where the player stats' points including pets are measured
inside that room. In other words, you'll be entered in a room with most likely be fair in stats to all other classes. I am not good
at calculating stats and compare it to other classes but i'm looking at, let say these brackets (again, this is just an example)

EX: Mage with approx 900 armor, 500 dmg points, 1000 hp CANT enter into a pvp room with rogues and warrs having outrageous stats
points (the ringers), much higher stats i should say. The idea is to separate the fully geared to medium built player. He will be
fairly distributed in a room based on stats. Its up to STS on how they will calculate it.

2. One who joins pvp CANT select either BLUE or RED. This applies to PVP with random entry. CHAT is off so you CANT say your name
and guild. When you are in the room, your IGN and your guildname will NOT be visible. So the idea is to attack who ever you see or
meet along the way. This will also avoid of being farmed. Noone knows everyone in the room. So you flag, kill or die with no guilt
at all. I prefer to have a vanity which player can auto wear in pvp room like all black. Auto-wear means a pvp designed vanity which
is worn automatically when you stepped into the room, Vanity that is the same for all, just to cover your identity and not to get
recognized because of your vanity combination and banner which you usually wear. Who know's you are killing a friend but that's not
the point. The point is you have a fair fight.

3. When you die in the game, you will then be respawned to the other pvp room. The idea here is to send you to a different room or
maybe back to the previous room, whatever is available. The distribution of players are random to team blue and team red. So you
may get a chance to meet full mages or warrs for team A or mixed. Again, stats on this room is measured/calculated, not by group but
by player. The game also starts when there are 3 players in each team.

4. Fully geared/maxed player vs Fully geared/maxed player AND medium built vs medium built

PVP per GUILD distribution

1. If you choose to flag or fight with your guildies, they should choose the option let says "GUILD PVP" in the arlor map so you can
join them. NOTE that you CANT join someone who chose the "RANDOM PVP" as you most likely be placed in a random map and you will not
know each other. There should be a distinct color in this player in your friends' list, prolly an icon indicating this is in random
or guild pvp

2. If your guild chose BLUE then guildmates can only join BLUE. RED will be reserved to other GUILD. This is also for guild clashes
and avoid blocking on each other's spot. you can change pet, skills, chat with your team or to the opponent, etc. This option also
allows you also to call for sub. NOTE: If your guild has only limited amount of pvp type players then choose the RANDOM PVP.

3. [SUB]- You can also call for a help from a friend in other guild but only through invite. This PVP room should have the ability
to invite someone from other guiild for help. Your friend accepts the inv then join the game.

AGAIN!!!!!!!, this is just my suggestion. I dont stand as if I am a PRO.... BUT this is to speak up from the one's that have been in pain due to
the current pvp-way. You can feel free to add or edit which you think might benefit all pvp'ers.

wvhills
01-14-2015, 11:42 AM
pvp is dead because the gear is outrageously expensive. I was active in end game pvp until the new mythic bow came out that gave 70 more damage than the next best legendary bow. When a piece of gear is that much better you're basically making it a requirement to have it.

regizakirs.rs
01-14-2015, 02:43 PM
Personally I don't pvp because I don't have all the appropriate gear and because I read all the various complaints about ganging and karma. Too me I think it's quite simple and I can be very wrong here. But it's some other very good guilds out there also. If karma is the standard which it seems to be. They obviously take pride in pvp and it shows. If you want to be competitive as they are then other guilds should take the time to train and become as good as they are.

Vjerevica
01-14-2015, 08:20 PM
@Tharo
You are missing the main point here. These so caled "pro" players dont want to fight with equals. Then, their gear is not of value because it is not overpowered.
There were threads with similar suggestions and this is conclusion. If you want I can search them and post links. But anyhow, that was conclusion.

Zylx
01-14-2015, 09:50 PM
Or you could just avoid the End-Game drama entirely. If you want PvP, make a twink. End-game PvP is filled with self-centered egos and trashtalk - just like American politics.

My advice would be to keep Endgame for PvE, and make a twink for PvP. Everything's cheaper and you arent getting trolled by an ego-bloated rogue bragging about their arcane ring.

Ice
01-15-2015, 01:08 AM
Geeez too much drama :)

Kill everyone you see so people will hunt you and that will be fun :)