PDA

View Full Version : Is it wise to sell dropped Balefort pinks now?

WhoIsThis
02-19-2011, 09:41 PM
I've been told that historically when a new level is introduced, prices are very high at the very start for certain rare items. Eventually though, prices begin to fall and stabilize.

Certain items are so rare that they are not even sold in the Balefort Consignment Shop. For example, I am looking for a level 55 mega mage's gemstone wand - apparently there are now offers in excess of 1 million for them and there aren't any for sale at the consignment store.

The two questions I have are: is it worth selling pinks you have right now or holding them? I have a situation where I have a bird and a mage. My mage got lucky yesterday and managed to get a Level 55 Raid Roach Gemstone Leather. I am busy levelling the mage to 56, but I also have a level 50 bird. Does it make sense to:

A: Sell the level 55 leather. I will be playing again in a few weeks and will rebuy another level 55 leather from someone or the consignment shop.

B. Keep the leather and just give it to the bird.

Option A works if the prices for level 55 pinks falls with time, while option B works if it does not fall significantly or appreciates for whatever reason.

I am sure that other people have similar examples of items that they are not using currently. Do you sell them and rebuy what you need later or keep them?

hawkei
02-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Always sell your items because you will be able to buy them for half the price later. Besides oranges greens and purples do well in pve and pvp

WhoIsThis
02-19-2011, 09:48 PM
I was leaning in favor of A myself. One thing that stopped me is that prices for many pinks seemed to have appreciated rather than depreciated. Weird.

Echelong
02-19-2011, 09:52 PM
I was leaning in favor of A myself. One thing that stopped me is that prices for many pinks seemed to have appreciated rather than depreciated. Weird.

That tends to happen at first and now a lot of players are still leveling and not boss farming so prices will be high for a while still.

Moogerfooger
02-19-2011, 09:54 PM
I agree...I sell non-Archer items. The only advantage I can think of to holding on to them is that if/when they add a set bonus for the pinks, prices will skyrocket like they did for the Hate/Sentinel/Shadow gear when 1.7 came out.

WhoIsThis
02-19-2011, 09:59 PM
That tends to happen at first and now a lot of players are still leveling and not boss farming so prices will be high for a while still.

That could take a while - it's a long way to level 56, longer than before. Still, I suppose that there will be those that will at some point, just give up and slowly allow their natural playing to allow them to level to 56 instead of burning levelling pots (which could take over a month). Those will farm.

Okay thanks for advice - selling the item.

Riccits
02-21-2011, 03:04 AM
atm just sell all what u get IMO... theres no reson to keep items u dont need atm..
those new pinks arent really usefull anyway.. ppl wich have a raid roach set even dont use it...
prices will fall in the next week... u can only earn money..
worst case would be when sts correct some stats of the new items.. then prices will go up incredibly... LOL

kopi
02-21-2011, 07:07 AM
Agree, the new pinks sux. Usually i will rush to buy them but in this case i am sticking to my caves equipment. If you are looking for a gemstone wand, i have crafted a enchanted gemstone. Its not that fantastic except when combine with weakness you get a terror combo ( without bear hellscream )

superglut2
02-21-2011, 07:47 AM
Sell then rebuy