PDA

View Full Version : Tired of people skipping goldfever

Kujen
02-19-2011, 11:01 PM
I'm tired of running in groups who bail before the boss, I'd like a chance at some pinks. So if anyone hosts groups that stick around for the boss, please add me on my bird or mage and send an invite. Thanks

WhoIsThis
02-19-2011, 11:25 PM
Lol - I am too. So far, I have gotten 3 pinks from the gold fever. It is well worth fighting over, even if people level slower.

DawnInfinity
02-20-2011, 12:01 AM
Whenever I host I don't skip goldfever, unless 2+ people bail out at the end. Some people just automatically leave right when we get to goldfever...

Genes
02-20-2011, 12:39 AM
3 pinks! You're so lucky. After so many runs, I've only seen 1 pink Lv55 recipe in that map and it's from tHat cat lady Mage.

wolfendragon
02-20-2011, 12:42 AM
Gold fever is doable with two takes awhile but doable. I get invited there alot lv 47 almost jd48 dexbear tank ign is same as fn.
I have seen alot of people skip him even person that invites started to recently

Bgandyful
02-20-2011, 12:46 AM
gold fever is so doable I have been runing into the same problem,... andI have seen 5 pinks droped and I've gotten 2 them.....today add me fourum name same as ign

Diodge
02-20-2011, 01:00 AM
I love Gold Fever.
I never have a problem. Im playing my Bear. I just run in and hope someone stays.
Pinks.. lol WhAt ArE PINKS?
12000 into 55
I have seen 1 pink drop. My luck is fail right now...

Sanatorium
02-20-2011, 01:08 AM
Everytime I do Gold's dungeon my group never leaves unless they die, but then I invite and friend and they join rather quickly.
Other than that, this hasn't happened to me :\.
Just try to get a group of friends here on the forums that won't leave, I guess that's my solution :p.

drewcapu
02-20-2011, 01:09 AM
Funny.

I was about to start the same topic a few hours ago when it happened to me.

PL is pretty boring when all you do is grind.

I still haven't used an xp pot on any of my three 50+ chars :)

Ayrilana
02-20-2011, 01:57 AM
It's annoying that people leave right before gold fever. The group I was in even had some guy demand the host to remake game and skip gold fever.

DawnInfinity
02-20-2011, 01:59 AM
It's annoying that people leave right before gold fever. The group I was in even had some guy demand the host to remake game and skip gold fever.

That was me. :rolleyes:

Ayrilana
02-20-2011, 02:02 AM

I know lol

GoofyYno
02-20-2011, 02:55 AM
Funny.

Ok, I was about to post this same post also. I like to beat the bosses for a chance at pink. Although I believe they are a little like BigFoot, I have heard a lot about them , but I have yet to even see one really drop. I think the problem is the drop rate is low enough, and the benefits too small for it to be worthwhile for a lot of these players who are so focused on the enormous amount of XP it takes to get to 56. I'd like to see more sought after gear to drop to bring boss farming back in vogue.

davidis57
02-20-2011, 03:49 AM
Never got pink there yet and we killed him many times.

DontNerfMeBro
02-20-2011, 04:31 AM
It's true enough: Goldfever doesn't require an adept group to just roll on and I'll keep that in mind.

Only issue is, if the average run takes (hypothetically speaking) 4.5 minutes, and Goldever takes saaaaay, 30 seconds, that's a substantially large amount of additional time per run. If a group is dead focused on grinding exp till their fingers bleed it may not be plausible to fight him each run.

When you join a PUG, maybe set one of your speech macros to say something like, "Kill Goldfever please?" in order to set the tone or figure out the pacing for your group.

Fatpigwarrior
02-20-2011, 05:49 AM
i always leave just before gold fever because the drop rates are low and the time wasted could have got you 50-100exp i would stay if the drop rate was higher

Lesrider
02-20-2011, 06:37 AM
Sounds like Crush runs all over again...

RedRyder
02-20-2011, 08:42 AM

There's really no way to escape it lol there will always be a CTK. Throwing some mini bosses along the way that are actually I your way (like the lesser djinn) and not in a detour (like Catspaw) would fix the problem

RedRyder
02-20-2011, 08:47 AM

I know lol

Not cool Yo! Don't call out stephers like that !

DawnInfinity
02-20-2011, 10:04 AM
Not cool Yo! Don't call out stephers like that !

I meant like I was the host. Haha.

Guy: Rmk?
Me: After Gold Fever
Guy: No
Guy: Now
Me: No, after (while fighting Gold Fever)
*guy leaves*

Echelong
02-20-2011, 10:50 AM
I always ask if the want to kill the boss or just remake. Depending on the answer I will act. Also I've had a lot of groups that can kill him fast and others that take 5 min and a lot of deaths.

Anyrra
02-20-2011, 10:54 AM
I totally agree. It only takes a little extra time, so I dont see the point in skipping him when you get a chance at pinks.

relayer
02-20-2011, 11:02 AM
The problem is for most people the rewards don't justify the time to kill the boss.

A couple ways they could fix this..

1) Reward a lot more exp for killing boss mobs, make it so the exp rewarded is about the same as you would get killing trash mobs for the same average time period. I know they upped the exp rate on bosses..but doesn't seem to be nearly enough... I want to see my exp bar jump on harder bosses :)

2) Up the drop rates.. I am 54 right now and have yet to get a pink drop. IMO the drop rates are way too low...throw us a carrot here!

wolfendragon
02-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Funny.

I still haven't used an xp pot on any of my three 50+ chars :)
It does suck when you just grind takes away from game being board

Kujen
02-20-2011, 11:22 AM
Yes the drop rate is lower than VL. But they do drop..I've gotten two pinks from him and have seen others get pinks as well. People who skip him are never going to see a pink drop, of course. I'd rather have a chance at a pink than 30 seconds of additional xp grinding.

I do think the xp reward needs to be increased, and I've suggested that in the suggestions forum. Ive noticed that breaking his chests rewards xp also, but I think if it was a significant amount people wouldnt leave. Same for Crush the Keeper too.

Maybe they could also do something to make Hideout more difficult. When I first got BS, everyone was doing Catacombs. Now it's all about the Hideout because you'll die less there. The fire aoe goblins in Catacombs are a pain and the other maps have a ton of grates. I think that's why people don't do them as often. I'd like if they were all a similar difficulty, but in different ways. Variety is nice.

So they should increase boss xp and/or increase the difficulty in Hideout. Otherwise I foresee a dark future of "pls powerlvl me in hideout" threads.

DawnInfinity
02-20-2011, 11:26 AM
I completely agree with increasing the exp (even more) from the BS bosses.

Ayrilana
02-20-2011, 02:08 PM
I don't see why people choose to skip bosses for the reason they could get more XP by killing mobs in another run. Are people really in that much of a rush to hit 55/56? So you hit 56 and then decide to farm pinks since there's nothing else to do. Guess what? All that XP from the mobs along the way is now wasted.

Physiologic
02-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Goldfever usually takes 30 seconds in a good party, and on 3x XP that's about 18-21 XP :p 5 goldfever runs = 150 seconds for 90-105 XP. Sounds pretty nice if you think of it this way, and 5 shots at pinks.

Conradin
02-20-2011, 02:22 PM
I love Gold Fever.
I never have a problem. Im playing my Bear. I just run in and hope someone stays.
Pinks.. lol WhAt ArE PINKS?
12000 into 55
I have seen 1 pink drop. My luck is fail right now...

almost lvl 55 and doesnt know pink- see what power lvling does to PL????

TwinkTastical
02-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Lets make a thread about it.

Kujen
02-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Pretty sure he was being sarcastic lol

I was just in a group that would kill goldfever, fast enough that we were still potted by the end. Saw a few more pinks. Thanks to all who were in that group :)

WhoIsThis
02-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Goldfever usually takes 30 seconds in a good party, and on 3x XP that's about 18-21 XP :p 5 goldfever runs = 150 seconds for 90-105 XP. Sounds pretty nice if you think of it this way, and 5 shots at pinks.

+1

With a good party, you can use a levelling pot at the start and kill everything (skip the bank vault route with lots of grates), then kill gold fever and have time to spare.

Diodge
02-20-2011, 03:48 PM
almost lvl 55 and doesnt know pink- see what power lvling does to PL????

Dude lmao .. You made my day...

Power level... hahahahahaha

drewcapu
02-20-2011, 04:46 PM
In a Physiologic party, you'll have time to wait for mages to respawn after grate death and meet you at the halfway point and still have time to kill GF with xp pot time left over.

;)

kallima
02-20-2011, 07:08 PM
Pretty sure he was being sarcastic lol

I was just in a group that would kill goldfever, fast enough that we were still potted by the end. Saw a few more pinks. Thanks to all who were in that group :)

Agreed wholeheartedly, and thank you for joining - I think one of the pinks you saw were mine :) I didn't get my first pink until 55 but I have seen 3 since, and two were from gold fever! I am only 4k into 56 so I was extremely lucky and happy that there are players that will still hang in through boss. I typically will do what group wants but lately most just want to grind. So if you're ever ig and see me on, definitely invite and I will join if available.

Kujen
02-20-2011, 07:58 PM
Yeah Kallima the very first game I joined of yours you got a pink lol. Well I need to get my mage to 55 now, so add Silvanya! :)

Riccits
02-21-2011, 02:48 AM

ur right! LOL
its the new crush keeper! so the new noobs we call hidout-gen!

i try to remember names of ppl wich dont kill goldy.. but better always ask before the run begin...
i dunno witch sense has this... only XP and no boss?? NTY!!!