PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Vanity Farming

Befs
12-30-2014, 05:56 PM
What is the classy looters role in farming the dragon vanities?

What is the Ideal elixir setup to farm this? I don't care cost, just which is most effective to run the map and drop the dragon vanities.

iRandom
12-30-2014, 06:18 PM
What is the classy looters role in farming the dragon vanities?

What is the Ideal elixir setup to farm this? I don't care cost, just which is most effective to run the map and drop the dragon vanities.
Classy looter prevents the chance of other class items from dropping which basically narrows drops allowing for a higher chance to farm dragon.
Most effective with full party of 77s with lust sets running 3x combo , classy, and shamrock pwnage punch(?)

Aveea
12-30-2014, 06:33 PM
The low level with no lix that joined late seems to be most effective at looting drag. :livid:

Somemager
12-30-2014, 06:38 PM
The low level with no lix that joined late seems to be most effective at looting drag. :livid:

ily

Befs
12-30-2014, 09:23 PM
Classy looter prevents the chance of other class items from dropping which basically narrows drops allowing for a higher chance to farm dragon.

So vanity counts as class specific loot?

Trenton
12-30-2014, 10:53 PM
Most effective with full party of 77s with lust sets running 3x combo , classy, and shamrock pwnage punch(?)
Just gives you more of whatever your main attribute is

synfullmagic_23110
12-30-2014, 11:27 PM
So I earned 60 plat from offers
And curios does classy looter really improve chances?

Somemager
12-31-2014, 12:37 AM
So I earned 60 plat from offers
And curios does classy looter really improve chances?

Yus bb but its not guaranteed but if you use a few you will notice the difference.

synfullmagic_23110
12-31-2014, 12:47 AM
Yus bb but its not guaranteed but if you use a few you will notice the difference.

Dood I was farming and i got two drops that aren't even main stat (int) and I also didn't reroll on 3 purps that were int :/

Somemager
12-31-2014, 01:13 AM
Dood I was farming and i got two drops that aren't even main stat (int) and I also didn't reroll on 3 purps that were int :/

rest in pepperonis m8

iRandom
12-31-2014, 03:43 AM
Just gives you more of whatever your main attribute is
And lessens the chance of getting drops from other stats whih therefore narrows down the drop table and yes vanities are "class specific" to every class

iRandom
12-31-2014, 03:43 AM
Bad luck ;(

Trenton
12-31-2014, 11:06 AM
And lessens the chance of getting drops from other stats whih therefore narrows down the drop table and yes vanities are "class specific" to every class
Where did you hear that

iRandom
12-31-2014, 02:10 PM
Where did you hear that
Every time ive used classy at feast i only got my main stat (int) and dragon vanity drops! Never dex or str drops. Either i am RLLY lucky or classy works how its supposed to

Suentous PO
12-31-2014, 02:15 PM
I often have to repeat this;
Classy does not only drop what your main attribute is.
It will drop only what you CAN equip.
It helps, but less if your duel statted.

It's not about your class or highest stat. If you can equip it, it might drop.
The name is misleading.

Smithyyy
12-31-2014, 04:51 PM

The name is misleading.

Thank you so much for this. So many people ask "oh, so what if ur fox, then which attribute do u drop? dex or int?"

Classy Looter drops any items that you can actually equip. So if you have 150 each in INT and STR, you can get both INT and STR items.

The point of using Classy to farm Starries, Glyphic Blade Steels, and Dragon Vanities is that it eliminates most of the drop pool.
Initially, the drop pool consists of crafting materials/vanities/whatever else, INT, STR, and DEX items. If you're full INT, then obviously you cannot equip any DEX/STR items.

So using Classy takes away all the STR and DEX items from the drop pool. Adding a Shamrock on that forces you to reroll from Purple to Pink, and at Feast, the only Pinks that will now drop are INT items and Dragon Vanities. So Classy basically reduces the drop pool for you to get a much better chance at looting a Dragon Vanity.

Befs
12-31-2014, 07:24 PM

The name is misleading.

So let's say theoretically you arranged your attributes so you couldn't drop items of that level but you were able to equip dragon would you only drop dragon?:disillusionment:

Smithyyy
12-31-2014, 08:46 PM
Oh darn that's actually pretty smart, like respec all your stat points and leave them all unspec'd.

Then technically the only thing that could be equipped would be dragon vanities...

Oh shoot if this works we might have broken the game!

Suentous PO
12-31-2014, 08:53 PM
Tricky thinking ^ I like.
However I do believe the drop table is set so that even a lv 60 would still get 61 drops.
I doubt the drop table would exclude a player getting drops entirely even though he could legitimately enter fang ( after having levels cleared).

This is speculation admittedly.
My reasoning is that, because me and some guildies figured out a way to get a level one into the elite 76 map whose name escapes me ( not slayer, the Forrest one).
Even though he technically couldn't equip it, he got some pinks.
So I believe the drop tables don't always exclude players.
I don't see the code so I'm extrapolating.

Somemager
12-31-2014, 10:47 PM
inb4 major game breaking glitch / exploit

Suentous PO
01-01-2015, 12:34 AM
It's no exploit anymore than the all access 5 plat elixir is.
Should I report sts for that O.o?
BANHAMMER!

End
01-01-2015, 10:23 AM
Mind tripping, I spent all my plat on L1 twink
Someone try this

Suentous PO
01-01-2015, 11:36 AM
Hopefully LEVEL ONE will clarify, but I seem to remember hitting a wall even with the all access elixir on a lev one, getting the message - character does not meet level requirements.

I vaguely remember him explaining about why he had x amount of quests done.

Befs
01-01-2015, 11:51 AM
Any1 willing to test my idea?

iRandom
01-01-2015, 03:07 PM
omg me but first i need a group of 4 77 combo burdies to help me!

iRandom
01-01-2015, 03:19 PM
wait i just realized. that this could work for ALL vanities
starries and whatever else can be farmed :0
if u triple spec then it should have the same effects

Hanelu
01-05-2015, 07:12 PM
best is no elixir and no team ;)

Suentous PO
01-05-2015, 07:42 PM
Any1 willing to test my idea?

Yes, I did.
Didn't work.

iRandom
01-05-2015, 08:38 PM
Yes, I did.
Didn't work.

i got a drop tho :D

TrapazoidsPl
01-06-2015, 02:41 PM
Thank you so much for this. So many people ask "oh, so what if ur fox, then which attribute do u drop? dex or int?"

Classy Looter drops any items that you can actually equip. So if you have 150 each in INT and STR, you can get both INT and STR items.

The point of using Classy to farm Starries, Glyphic Blade Steels, and Dragon Vanities is that it eliminates most of the drop pool.
Initially, the drop pool consists of crafting materials/vanities/whatever else, INT, STR, and DEX items. If you're full INT, then obviously you cannot equip any DEX/STR items.

So using Classy takes away all the STR and DEX items from the drop pool. Adding a Shamrock on that forces you to reroll from Purple to Pink, and at Feast, the only Pinks that will now drop are INT items and Dragon Vanities. So Classy basically reduces the drop pool for you to get a much better chance at looting a Dragon Vanity.

okay Lets say you do runs with lv77 and u put your char naked 5 str 5 int 5 dex your saying that deu to not being able to equip anything every drop could be vanity or craftables???

LEVEL ONE
01-06-2015, 03:08 PM
This might or might not be in relevance to farming dragon vanities, but I am just going to say that 10 free platinum on a new account on a level one can go a long way.

iRandom
01-06-2015, 09:28 PM
okay Lets say you do runs with lv77 and u put your char naked 5 str 5 int 5 dex your saying that deu to not being able to equip anything every drop could be vanity or craftables???

u at least have 7 points in one stat

Suentous PO
01-06-2015, 09:49 PM

No, as I said I got lv 75 items on a lev one.