PDA

View Full Version : Is the Reserved Name System Breaking?

Zeus
12-30-2014, 09:07 PM
Hello,

Is the reserved name system breaking? I was testing with friends and somehow, my friend was able to take my name Apollo despite it being a reserved name.

To clarify, name reservations were a service STG offered to allow you to have a permanent hold over your name from previous MMOs from them. This feature would apply even if your character was not yet created. It was also a service STG charged platinum on and only worked on existing names that one already owned in said previous MMO (PL, SL, DL).

However, after recent threads, I was curious and wanted to test. In the first three tests, I was able to delete my character, the character did not exist and nobody could create the character name (apollo) except me.

However, in the fourth test, this failed and somehow the reserve was removed. My friend was able to take the name Apollo despite the name reservation system in place which STG has sold to customers.

I've paid a considerable amount of platinum reserving my names in all the games. If we are counting, it would be roughly 300 platinum. I know others have paid quite a bit of platinum to ensure that nobody besides themselves could take the names that they already owned.

What's going on?! There are many other previously platinum reserved names that are also showing up now

Hercules
12-30-2014, 09:30 PM
I no have idea, I no reserve name and I no believe that need it.

But is good a answer of STS

obee
12-30-2014, 09:41 PM
Just like commander's case, he payed for his name, and it was stolen.

Commanderkeen
12-30-2014, 09:50 PM
Yeah someone now is running around with Cancer and Commanderkeen :(

cami
12-30-2014, 09:50 PM
I know that yes, Seo or Arpluvial say they no reserve more names

cami
12-30-2014, 09:51 PM

Oh that is very :(

Zeus
12-30-2014, 09:55 PM

The weird part is the tests were done in a short time frame so I'm wondering...is there a way to override the reserved name system? Some of my names are not available like: Bodyguardz, Vitty, etc.

Apollo, Vvitty do not have reserves anymore. Scared to test other names.

Zeus
12-30-2014, 09:59 PM
I know that yes, Seo or Arpluvial say they no reserve more names

No. You misunderstood. Arp and Seo did not know what the reserve name system was or how it functions. It was a feature purchaseable by platinum and allowed one to reserve names for future games, like AL. It also ensured that if you deleted your character, you would always be able to retrieve the name associated with the character.

cami
12-30-2014, 10:00 PM
No. You misunderstood. Arp and Seo did not know what the reserve name system was or how it functions. It was a feature purchaseable by platinum and allowed one to reserve names for future games, like AL. It also ensured that if you deleted your character, you would always be able to retrieve the name associated with the character.

Ohh I understand now ty for the comment

Commanderkeen
12-30-2014, 10:01 PM
The weird part is the tests were done in a short time frame so I'm wondering...is there a way to override the reserved name system? Some of my names are not available like: Bodyguardz, Vitty, etc.

Apollo, Vvitty do not have reserves anymore. Scared to test other names.

I am to. Not even testing this out on Sunwalker, he's the only reserved name I have left. I'm kinda wondering when it broke. I changed Cancer to Lahabrea little more than a month ago but I haven't used Keen in 6+ months. Another thing is I have swapped Keen and Cancer's name before and keen sat for 3 months not created at all and was able to change them back.

Have you tried this on any other STG game Zeus?

Froxanthar
12-30-2014, 10:05 PM
So this reserve is like you reserve Donut name in previous Legends game and you're able to use it again in future like Aqua Legends ( example )?

Commanderkeen
12-30-2014, 10:07 PM
So this reserve is like you reserve Donut name in previous Legends game and you're able to use it again in future like Aqua Legends ( example )?

Yes, but you have to have the name donut to reserve it.

Zeus
12-30-2014, 10:12 PM
I am to. Not even testing this out on Sunwalker, he's the only reserved name I have left. I'm kinda wondering when it broke. I changed Cancer to Lahabrea little more than a month ago but I haven't used Keen in 6+ months. Another thing is I have swapped Keen and Cancer's name before and keen sat for 3 months not created at all and was able to change them back.

Have you tried this on any other STG game Zeus?

I'm scared to test on other games. :/

Fyrce
12-30-2014, 10:37 PM
I am scared too! I tested once in one of the other games, but this was awhile ago.

NotYoCookiez
12-30-2014, 10:49 PM
I feel so unwanted... No one stole my name yet :(

Remarked
12-30-2014, 10:54 PM
I feel so unwanted... No one stole my name yet :(

ill kindly steal it. whats the ign

Commanderkeen
12-30-2014, 11:12 PM
I'm scared to test on other games. :/

Lol, I Don't blame you.

Well I sent STG a support ticket a few days ago on the issue and hope they get back to me soon.

Energizeric
12-31-2014, 12:33 AM
Parth, do you play Battle Command? The other day I came across another player named "Zeus". I didn't think much of it at the time, but if you reserved these names for all STS games, then I can tell you for sure it is taken in Battle Command (unless that was you).

Burstnuke
12-31-2014, 12:38 AM
Parth, do you play Battle Command? The other day I came across another player named "Zeus". I didn't think much of it at the time, but if you reserved these names for all STS games, then I can tell you for sure it is taken in Battle Command (unless that was you).

In battle games, anybody can have any names. When it first came out i had the name God lol, then i saw someone else with it.

Dex Scene
12-31-2014, 12:58 AM
Yes, but you have to have the name donut to reserve it.
Wheres the reserve button?

Schnitzel
12-31-2014, 01:09 AM

There is no Reserve button now,

reserving for AL IGNs was back in 2012 (I think)

Zeus
12-31-2014, 01:11 AM

It's not available any more. Only was available in games before AL.

Dex Scene
12-31-2014, 01:13 AM
There is no Reserve button now,

reserving for AL IGNs was back in 2012 (I think)

It's not available any more. Only was available in games before AL.
Thank you!! Hmm now I understand the scenario of reserving names.

Commanderkeen
12-31-2014, 09:13 PM
@Zeus

Good news STG restored my names! They didn't mention if it was linked back to my account or not but I did ask. When they do reply I will let you know and conduct another test.

Edit: Better news! They said they're linked back.

Zeus
12-31-2014, 09:52 PM
@Zeus

Good news STG restored my names! They didn't mention if it was linked back to my account or not but I did ask. When they do reply I will let you know and conduct another test.

Edit: Better news! They said they're linked back.

Cool, so I should just ask them for the same thing?

Commanderkeen
12-31-2014, 09:57 PM
Cool, so I should just ask them for the same thing?

Yeah, go for it.

utpal
01-01-2015, 04:22 AM
I m scared to test too lol.
I hav reserved my ign since PL. for 50platinums (for SL)
then in SL 30platinums ( for DL and AL).

Bless
01-01-2015, 07:49 AM
Ask STG to support to rename characters, then if anything goes wrong, it's only their system to blame.

Primeblades
01-01-2015, 12:08 PM
In battle games, anybody can have any names. When it first came out i had the name God lol, then i saw someone else with it.

Yea people can have the same name in battle command

Justg
01-01-2015, 12:21 PM
We're out for the holiday, so I can't confirm until next week, but I believe the way it works is this:

If you had a name, and reserved that name for an upcoming game, no one else could take that name in that game before you.

Once you have used that name, however, I don't think it is reserved anymore. Therefore if you delete your character someone else could theoretically take that name. It had been reserved, then used, and then discarded. I don't think there is a permanent reservation.

But again, not sure. Will confirm next week.

Happy New Years!

- g

Zeus
01-01-2015, 12:32 PM
We're out for the holiday, so I can't confirm until next week, but I believe the way it works is this:

If you had a name, and reserved that name for an upcoming game, no one else could take that name in that game before you.

Once you have used that name, however, I don't think it is reserved anymore. Therefore if you delete your character someone else could theoretically take that name. It had been reserved, then used, and then discarded. I don't think there is a permanent reservation.

Happy New Years!

- g

Gary,

The way it worked before was that it was a permanent reservation so even if one deleted the name - nobody was able to take the name from you. Why the system has changed, I do not know. In reality, changing the system now will just open up more name selling/name stealing and potential scams.

Iliketolol
01-01-2015, 12:55 PM
Gary,

The way it worked before was that it was a permanent reservation so even if one deleted the name - nobody was able to take the name from you. Why the system has changed, I do not know. In reality, changing the system now will just open up more name selling/name stealing and potential scams.

Yep it was permanent, ive myself remade my toons 6-7 times before. The name reservation system is down since 20-30days.

aquascaper
01-01-2015, 01:01 PM

lol

epicrrr
01-01-2015, 02:05 PM

Happy New Years!

- g

I've always thought reserved names are account binded? Or somethings amiss?

Zeus
01-01-2015, 04:24 PM
I've always thought reserved names are account binded? Or somethings amiss?

Yes, they were and why it has changed, I do not know. It's basically allowing those who reserved names to sell it or have it stolen by a trolling player. Why allow a person a method to get tens of millions for free?

Serancha
01-01-2015, 04:52 PM

Happy New Years!

- g

This would be logical. 30 plat should not allow someone to keep a name forever. Giving you first rights to it, sure, but to keep it for all eternity? Doesn't seem right, especially since nobody else has the option to reserve names, so this is some sort of exclusive privilege.

For example, I didn't play any games prior to AL, so if I deleted Serancha, there would be nothing to stop anyone else from taking my name, even if I was just trying to transfer it to an alt. Plat to reserve first access to a name at the launch of a new game is acceptable, but not to hold the name forever. Once you use it, you should be the same as anyone else. If you reserved 10 names, and only used 2 of them, the others would still be reserved, although I believe some sort of time limit should have been placed on that. Maybe 1 year or something.

After all, if the name is not actually being used, why keep it held for 10 years?

Reconstruction
01-01-2015, 06:25 PM
Because they paid for it? I see no flaw with reserving names paid fair and square shouldn't be given to another player after being inactive for a period of time it should be reserved cause that's what was said when the reservation was announced Ty ty

Jack O Reaper
01-01-2015, 07:03 PM
Can we have the reserve name button back?

I think it would be a good idea!

obee
01-01-2015, 09:14 PM
This would be logical. 30 plat should not allow someone to keep a name forever. Giving you first rights to it, sure, but to keep it for all eternity? Doesn't seem right, especially since nobody else has the option to reserve names, so this is some sort of exclusive privilege.

For example, I didn't play any games prior to AL, so if I deleted Serancha, there would be nothing to stop anyone else from taking my name, even if I was just trying to transfer it to an alt. Plat to reserve first access to a name at the launch of a new game is acceptable, but not to hold the name forever. Once you use it, you should be the same as anyone else. If you reserved 10 names, and only used 2 of them, the others would still be reserved, although I believe some sort of time limit should have been placed on that. Maybe 1 year or something.

After all, if the name is not actually being used, why keep it held for 10 years?
They paid for it. If I paid for an iPad and I don't use it, should someone else take it?

Anarchist
01-01-2015, 09:43 PM
Veterans paid to reserve the names not to have it for the rest of their lives. Though i think they should have been warned, i am glad some good names are back.

Commanderkeen
01-01-2015, 10:00 PM
They paid for it. If I paid for an iPad and I don't use it, should someone else take it?

Exactly!

Can we have the reserve name button back?

I think it would be a good idea!

They only did this before the release of a Legends game.

tearacan
01-01-2015, 10:07 PM
It was probably a bug that used reserved names couln't be used by others before.
Reservations should be limited. It's been 2years, if they havent used a name by now it won't be used.
Also a agree with gary on deletion=discard

Btw, they didnt buy the name. They bought a reservation. Even airline reservations are gone when your late.
So if you reserved an ipad, in time that reservation will be gone and the ipad will be sold out.

Commanderkeen
01-01-2015, 10:10 PM
It was probably a bug that used reserved names couln't be used by others before.
Reservations should be limited. It's been 2years, if they havent used a name by now it won't be used.
Also a agree with gary on deletion=discard

Well a two year bug should be considered a constant part of the game by now! If STG let a bug go for over two years it's now part of the game.

Zeus
01-01-2015, 11:07 PM

The way the reservations were designed, it was a permanent hold. This has carried over from PL's reservations for upcoming SL, to SL's & PL's reservations for upcoming DL, to SL's, DL's and PL's reservations for upcoming PL.

A lot of people with name reservations are still very active & all this encourages is name selling/stealing. The last time a name steal happened when somebody was transferring names, I recall actions being done about it. It goes under violating a player's playing experience if I remember correctly.

The game has not yet reached the capacity where it's difficult to find names and we've paid for reservations on our names. There was no time limit specified for these reservations. More importantly, reservations in general have been removed or lost very recently. A lot of my previously reserved names were taken that I paid for and did not even get to use.

If there was a time frame specified, then this post would make sense but that is not the case.

seanymph
01-02-2015, 12:18 AM
fire name was stolen during rename few days ago and there is guy named great on game he has platinum reserved names he is selling he say he has a hacktool to do that

Anarchist
01-02-2015, 04:48 AM
The way the reservations were designed, it was a permanent hold. This has carried over from PL's reservations for upcoming SL, to SL's & PL's reservations for upcoming DL, to SL's, DL's and PL's reservations for upcoming PL.

A lot of people with name reservations are still very active & all this encourages is name selling/stealing. The last time a name steal happened when somebody was transferring names, I recall actions being done about it. It goes under violating a player's playing experience if I remember correctly.

The game has not yet reached the capacity where it's difficult to find names and we've paid for reservations on our names. There was no time limit specified for these reservations. More importantly, reservations in general have been removed or lost very recently. A lot of my previously reserved names were taken that I paid for and did not even get to use.

If there was a time frame specified, then this post would make sense but that is not the case.

Oh wait a second. What the hell did you just say. Violating players gameplay?Lmao.
If you change a name independently from the fact you are going to use it again, you reserved it or you didn't reserved it, you are discarding it. You don't remember correctly, there is no rule whatsoever in the ToS that condemns another coming by, trying the name in question and keeping it if its free. This can not be considered as stealing and if sts takes the name from the current Legitimate owner to give it to the previous owner, then they are violating HIS gameplay and can be sued for favouritism.

(Havent they be warned for having a eye candy for certain players before, now you don't want another warning sts, dont ya?)

The new owner picked his new name appropriately, respecting the rules and if the name is not offensive he has all the right to keep it and noone has the right to take it from him not even sts.

Now to go back on what is the core and where all your pains lies. Sts never specified a time limit but wait a second, did they ever tell you you could have the name for all your life spawn and that of your children?

You paid for a reservation and reservation idk how it works where you live but after you used a reserved item or service it will become free for others too and if you discard it (deleting your character) you lose any right on it. Whether you paid for the reservation or not.

BBK.

Zeus
01-02-2015, 05:02 AM
Oh wait a second. What the hell did you just say. Violating players gameplay?Lmao.
If you change a name independently from the fact you are going to use it again, you reserved it or you didn't reserved it, you are discarding it. You don't remember correctly, there is no rule whatsoever in the ToS that condemns another coming by, trying the name in question and keeping it if its free. This can not be considered as stealing and if sts takes the name from the current Legitimate owner to give it to the previous owner, then they are violating HIS gameplay and can be sued for favouritism.

(Havent they be warned for having a eye candy for certain players before, now you don't want another warning sts, dont ya?)

The new owner picked his new name appropriately, respecting the rules and if the name is not offensive he has all the right to keep it and noone has the right to take it from him not even sts.

Now to go back on what is the core and where all your pains lies. Sts never specified a time limit but wait a second, did they ever tell you you could have the name for all your life spawn and that of your children?

You paid for a reservation and reservation idk how it works where you live but after you used a reserved item or service it will become free for others too and if you discard it (deleting your character) you lose any right on it. Whether you paid for the reservation or not.

BBK.

If it's reserved - the player has rights to use that name. Upon selling the reservation, there was no time frame slated. I already explained that name reservations have been functioning and selling this way for quite a long time now.

Furthermore, if it is not considered stealing, then how come there have been cases where the name has been returned to the rightful owner.

Thirdly, customer favoritism is not illegal. Some customers are more preferred than others. However, I do not see anywhere where stg states they support customer favoritism. Lastly, if it's a paid name, then that person is a customer for that product. Someone taking the name of an already reserved product is not favoritism - it's just a double sale.

Fourthly, read the part of the ToS says where players are licensed to use the software and STG can do anything they want. As long as they're following US laws, they may do anything they desire.

If there is no time limit, then it is by default, it has no expiration date. Therefore, indeed, for life. They cannot sell something and then state: "Oh wait, this product had a time limit!". It has to be done before so the customer is aware.

Reservation can be temporary or permanent. The way it has been sold for the past two years goes to show that the reservations were permanent. They need to be clearly stated if reservations are set to expire or they are not. As mentioned before, since there was no time limit, then by default, there was no expiration date.

You'll only be able to reserve the names of your existing characters. We do not expire other names or accounts due to inactivity.

-ALS

Also, keep in mind that these were in a time when free platinum was just starting to be tried out and offers were extremely scarce.

ClumsyCactus
01-02-2015, 05:52 AM
I think that namereserving should work like this:
It's permanently reserved, but if you remove your character named it, thats your own Fault.
However, it should'nt be changed from the original ideas, that's just bad.

Anarchist
01-02-2015, 06:01 AM
If it's reserved - the player has rights to use that name. Upon selling the reservation, there was no time frame slated. I already explained that name reservations have been functioning and selling this way for quite a long time now.

Furthermore, if it is not considered stealing, then how come there have been cases where the name has been returned to the rightful owner.
Thirdly, customer favoritism is not illegal. Some customers are more preferred than others. However, I do not see anywhere where stg states they support customer favoritism. Lastly, if it's a paid name, then that person is a customer for that product. Someone taking the name of an already reserved product is not favoritism - it's just a double sale.

Fourthly, read the part of the ToS says where players are licensed to use the software and STG can do anything they want. As long as they're following US laws, they may do anything they desire.

If there is no time limit, then it is by default, it has no expiration date. Therefore, indeed, for life. They cannot sell something and then state: "Oh wait, this product had a time limit!". It has to be done before so the customer is aware.

Reservation can be temporary or permanent. The way it has been sold for the past two years goes to show that the reservations were permanent. They need to be clearly stated if reservations are set to expire or they are not. As mentioned before, since there was no time limit, then by default, there was no expiration date.

Also, keep in mind that these were in a time when free platinum was just starting to be tried out and offers were extremely scarce.
Did sts tell you there was no limits. Its a conclusion you arrived to by yourself and now you are building castles on your opinions. Even Ceo without full knowledge arrives to the conclusions reserving a name should be temporal. And yes Zeus favouritsm is not allowed ( a dear moderator was sent away cause of this) so wouldnt it be a paradox if sts now takes the names i legitimately acquired by doing as everyone does and giving it back to the previous owners. Where is it written that creating a new toon and picking a absolutely free name is stealing? How do you steal a free thing?

You say AL is a sts game and they are free to do what they want? YOU out off all people! Then explain this paradox. Why did you fight so fiercely agaisnt sts releasing recolored arlors or breeze being nerfed or for sts to buff sns? Why are you even here fighting for your name not to be released if sts can do as it pleases them?

Those are rhetorical questions of course you know i know the answer, and the answer is strawman tactics aka chip more please.

Pollata1246
01-02-2015, 06:02 AM
Omg I'm too lazy to read these giant mesgs

obee
01-02-2015, 10:20 AM

I'm sorry but you are more favored than anyone here lol

Zeus
01-02-2015, 10:22 AM
Did sts tell you there was no limits. Its a conclusion you arrived to by yourself and now you are building castles on your opinions. Even Ceo without full knowledge arrives to the conclusions reserving a name should be temporal. And yes Zeus favouritsm is not allowed ( a dear moderator was sent away cause of this) so wouldnt it be a paradox if sts now takes the names i legitimately acquired by doing as everyone does and giving it back to the previous owners. Where is it written that creating a new toon and picking a absolutely free name is stealing? How do you steal a free thing?

You say AL is a sts game and they are free to do what they want? YOU out off all people! Then explain this paradox. Why did you fight so fiercely agaisnt sts releasing recolored arlors or breeze being nerfed or for sts to buff sns? Why are you even here fighting for your name not to be released if sts can do as it pleases them?

Those are rhetorical questions of course you know i know the answer, and the answer is strawman tactics aka chip more please.

No, that moderator was sent away for other things much worse that I am not allowed to discuss on these forums. If your entire argument is based off of that, then you're dead wrong.

If there's no time limits, then a product is set not to expire. If not, then when does the platinum in your account expire? I do not see an expiration date on that. An item that's slated to expire must be sold with an expiration date. Hence why you see deals on phone contracts with "offer ends *insert date here*" or methods that prevent grandfathering in. This is the common rule. I do not know why I'm arguing though. It seems that all I need to do is send an email, like Commanderkeen suggested and the names are linked to account again.

P.S: My quote on asommers shows that STG does not expire names for inactivity.

Zeus
01-02-2015, 10:24 AM
I'm sorry but you are more favored than anyone here lol

Name what you've think I've gotten for free then. The last time I checked, I've earned almost everything I've had. Yes, they've done favors for me just like they have with anyone else but it's never something that they haven't given before to other customers that do not have as much "influence" (is it really influence? I don't hold any power over STG).

obee
01-02-2015, 10:29 AM
Name what you've think I've gotten for free then. The last time I checked, I've earned almost everything I've had. Yes, they've done favors for me just like they have with anyone else but it's never something that they haven't given before to other customers that do not have as much "influence" (is it really influence? I don't hold any power over STG).
True

Reconstruction
01-02-2015, 10:34 AM
Why is everyone targeting zeus he's stating his opinion that's all negative comments don't do anyone any good so just keep them to ourselves

obee
01-02-2015, 10:37 AM
Anyway, back to the subject. I still think the names should be kept to the rightful owners. Even though they changed the name on one account, they should be able to use it on another.

Anarchist
01-02-2015, 12:17 PM
No, that moderator was sent away for other things much worse that I am not allowed to discuss on these forums. If your entire argument is based off of that, then you're dead wrong.

If there's no time limits, then a product is set not to expire. If not, then when does the platinum in your account expire? I do not see an expiration date on that. An item that's slated to expire must be sold with an expiration date. Hence why you see deals on phone contracts with "offer ends *insert date here*" or methods that prevent grandfathering in. This is the common rule. I do not know why I'm arguing though. It seems that all I need to do is send an email, like Commanderkeen suggested and the names are linked to account again.

P.S: My quote on asommers shows that STG does not expire names for inactivity.
Your quote of asommers proves nothing. He was referring to the names that could be reserved from other games while name reservation system was still available and that was lots of time ago. Things change.
AL is a successful game and having a good name is synonym of success and popularity. Names are very impprtant so it shouldnt be a surprise if majority insist unused names should be released and sts eventually listens to them.
I am not basing my argument on anyones departure though favouritsm definately was one of the motives that moderator was put away.

On the other hand you are basing everything on the fact since you paid to reserve a name it should be yours forever. You are talking as if you dont know how things work in AL. STS is not allowed to take away a name i legitimately own and give it to another person. I dont care whether they have done it before they are not allowed to do such things and you shouldnt think this complex mess can be solved just like that. The moment you deleted your name you have lost any right on it. What was guaranteed when you booked the reservation was the fact you could use it first. You were not warned about any limited ownership but neither were you guaranteed eternal ownership on the AL reserved names, that is why if StS choose today to release the unused reserved names they can do it.

Ps: the name reservation mechanics when you could delete a name and it would remaib confined to the account was something you concluded on your own. In 1 year of daily active forum i havent seen a dev confirm it was actually intended to work that way.

Zeus
01-02-2015, 12:21 PM
Your quote of asommers proves nothing. He was referring to the names that could be reserved from other games while name reservation system was still available and that was lots of time ago. Things change.
AL is a successful game and having a good name is synonym of success and popularity. Names are very impprtant so it shouldnt be a surprise if majority insist unused names should be released and sts eventually listens to them.
I am not basing my argument on anyones departure though favouritsm definately was one of the motives that moderator was put away.

On the other hand you are basing everything on the fact since you paid to reserve a name it should be yours forever. You are talking as if you dont know how things work in AL. STS is not allowed to take away a name i legitimately own and give it to another person. I dont care whether they have done it before they are not allowed to do such things and you shouldnt think this complex mess can be solved just like that. The moment you deleted your name you have lost any right on it. What was guaranteed when you booked the reservation was the fact you could use it first. You were not warned about any limited ownership but neither were you guaranteed eternal ownership on the AL reserved names, that is why if StS choose today to release the unused reserved names they can do it.

Thanks for your opinion, got the names linked back.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

xXxrriottxXX
01-02-2015, 12:24 PM
Dear mod u deleted my reply but can i ask something u will check it or not?

Commanderkeen
01-02-2015, 12:36 PM

Ps: the name reservation mechanics when you could delete a name and it would remaib confined to the account was something you concluded on your own. In 1 year of daily active forum i havent seen a dev confirm it was actually intended to work that way.

Obviously it does work that way. STG took Cancer off whoever had it and put it back on my account and linked it back.

Dogma
01-02-2015, 03:00 PM
I heard that if you delete your character while picking your nose, your reserved name wont really be reserved.

Serancha
01-02-2015, 03:08 PM

You clearly didn't actually read my post at all. since your response has absolutely nothing to do with what I said

obee
01-02-2015, 03:21 PM
You clearly didn't actually read my post at all. since your response has absolutely nothing to do with what I said
I actually does. You said names shouldn't be reserved forever, I'm using an analogy. I read it clearly, im not stupid.

Serancha
01-02-2015, 03:36 PM
When you reserve a table at a restaurant, it is only reserved until you use it, then it goes to whoever wants it - hence the term "reserve".

The system being discussed is a reserve system, not a buy system, making the analogy of buying something inaccurate for this purpose. If it was a buy system, and you bought the names, then it would be different. However, by paying to reserve, you should only get first chance at those names. You did not buy them forever.

BaronB
01-02-2015, 03:47 PM

Did you know if you buy music off your itunes using your ipad you dont actually own any of the music you paid for ?

Food for thought.

Excuses
01-02-2015, 03:54 PM
As a 3rd party, both of you guys have reasonable opinions in different way.
I think the real solution is on how sts set this system at the very first. You bought the name as the term it was set. And you should follow it.

So you all better wait for dev to check and answer.
There is no point to argue about it here imo.

Commanderkeen
01-02-2015, 04:41 PM
I don't know why you all are still arguing over the reserve system. Obviously STG made a mistake somewhere and are dealing/handled the situation. Hence Zeus and I getting our names back and them re-linked to our accounts. There's no need for a developer to come on and explain if the names were a one time use only or not if they linked them back to our accounts. There's your answer right there, it's a permanent link.

The only thing I see with all of the these people who want it to be a one time deal is that you want the names for yourself, let it personal or to make money off of.

Holyness
01-02-2015, 04:42 PM
Zzz i had the name Holyness and Sts deleted it. I wrote them an E-Mail but they dont know why its not on my Account anymore.

obee
01-02-2015, 04:49 PM
When you reserve a table at a restaurant, it is only reserved until you use it, then it goes to whoever wants it - hence the term "reserve".

The system being discussed is a reserve system, not a buy system, making the analogy of buying something inaccurate for this purpose. If it was a buy system, and you bought the names, then it would be different. However, by paying to reserve, you should only get first chance at those names. You did not buy them forever.
You pay for the food, not for the reservations. And as Zeus showed the quote, the name was kept forever

obee
01-02-2015, 04:50 PM
Did you know if you buy music off your itunes using your ipad you dont actually own any of the music you paid for ?

Food for thought.
I didn't even bring up music. Stick with the iPad analogy.

Ssneakykills
01-02-2015, 04:59 PM
I didn't even bring up iPad analogy. Stick with paying for the food not the reservation

BaronB
01-02-2015, 05:01 PM
I didn't even bring up music. Stick with the iPad analogy.
Sorry I saw you posted saying your nor stupid so assumed you would have understood the point that was being made.

Sorry ill clarify for you.

With digital products, you purchase it however you may not necessarily own the rights that product.

For example (using your ipad analogy) the purchase of music through the itunes app.

So unless it was stated in the tos that specificly yes, any name reserved in game that was done through the reservation system will be linked to the account indefinitely (forever/permanent) there is no reason why STS shouldnt release a name once it has been used then discarded afterwards.

So bit like youve reserved your table.. youve eaten your food then left the restaurant... then come back in a week later expecting to have the same reservation again without making another reservation.

Hope that makes it a little clearer for you bud :)

obee
01-02-2015, 05:04 PM
Sorry I saw you posted saying your nor stupid so assumed you would have understood the point that was being made.

Sorry ill clarify for you.

With digital products, you purchase it however you may not necessarily own the rights that product.

For example (using your ipad analogy) the purchase of music through the itunes app.

So unless it was stated in the tos that specificly yes, any name reserved in game that was done through the reservation system will be linked to the account indefinitely (forever/permanent) there is no reason why STS shouldnt release a name once it has been used then discarded afterwards.

So bit like youve reserved your table.. youve eaten your food then left the restaurant... then come back in a week later expecting to have the same reservation again without making another reservation.

Hope that makes it a little clearer for you bud :)
Ahhh I see. But STS Techinally doesn't have the proper rights to the name. They gave it to whoever paid for it.

BaronB
01-02-2015, 05:17 PM
Ahhh I see. But STS Techinally doesn't have the proper rights to the name. They gave it to whoever paid for it.
Yup they did... an like JustG mentioned, seems like a case of name was reserved and after so many times using the name then deleting the char that had the name the reservation service ended.

Which is completely understandable and fair.

Unless of course Sts specificly promised an indefinite name reservation.

If they did then yeh only right they restore the names back to the rightful accounts.

If they didn't, then sorry sir its unfortunate you lost your name, the original reservation was up held however since then you've used it up.

Have a nice day and sorry for your lose.

Zeus
01-02-2015, 05:36 PM
Anyways, STG is indeed re-linking accounts with reservations provided one can prove they've paid for a reservation (based on current actions) so this thread can be closed as the topic is been dealt with. If anyone is facing similar problems, I recommend they email support@spacetimestudios.com for assistance.

Justg
01-02-2015, 05:39 PM
Closed by request of the OP.

Remiem
01-07-2015, 06:10 PM
Hi guys. I do want to let you know that support is currently investigating all claims of stolen reserved names and I will let you know what the situation is as soon as I know more. If you have confirmation that one of your reserved names has been taken, or is no longer secure, please go to support.spacetimestudios.com and submit a ticket with your main IGN as well as the reserved name in question. Support will be able to help you on a one-on-one basis until we learn more.

To fill in anyone who did not know, before Arcane Legends launched we offered name reservations for platinum so that people who had certain names in PL, SL or DL could reserve the same name in AL in advance. We no longer reserve names for platinum or otherwise, but names that were reserved during that pre-launch window should still be secure. You did pay for them after all.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'll do everything in our power to figure out what's going on asap.