PDA

View Full Version : Marvel: Contest of Champions

CrimsonTider
12-30-2014, 11:53 PM
Hey y'all!

Has anyone played this? I just began yesterday, usually don't like these type of games where you tap/swipe the screen, but I like it. Reminds me of Mortal Kombat/Street Fighter while mixing in Marvel characters.

I am not a fan of the chat screen (ZERO Filter), but like the other aspects of the game. Anyone have any other experiences, good or bad?

Thanks!

KingFu
12-31-2014, 03:35 AM
Haven't tried it, but from the few screenshots and little gameplay footage I've seen, it looks to be near identical to the Injustice app. The fighting looks more intuitive with it being newer. It doesn't have the card mechanic Injustice has though, which I liked.

CrimsonTider
12-31-2014, 06:40 PM
I played Injustice for about 5 minutes and immediately uninstalled. I usually don't like these "swiping" games, but I like the responsiveness and simplicity on how to play.

There are no cards, like you mentioned. You earn crystals through PvP, quests, and storyline play. Different crystals provide different items (gold, currency, potions, Iso-8, and new characters.) Crystals are also earned on a daily basis as well as on an every 4-hour rotation. If more interest is shown, I can type up a more detailed synopsis of the game.

It seems as if it is just out of beta as the forums have very little posts and the "informative" threads are very vague and simplistic.

angeldawn
01-01-2015, 09:23 AM
Just come back to PL :)
Please :)

CrimsonTider
01-02-2015, 01:05 AM
Just come back to PL :)
Please :)

Negative, Ghostrider. I do very little gaming anymore and that ltitle bit I do play is very quick and simplistic. Too focused on my training and family now. My kids will be out of the house in the next 4 years and I am trying to spend as much time as I can.

I will spare my "waste of time/money" rant. Lesson learned.