PDA

View Full Version : Why don't shields get to block here?

Ellyidol
02-20-2011, 01:16 AM
I usually play games that, when using a shield, you get to block.

I'd rather block than dodge, tbh. :)

TheLaw
02-20-2011, 02:18 AM
That would be cool. And shields drop rates need to be higher.

KingFu
02-20-2011, 02:31 AM
That would be cool. And shields drop rates need to be higher.

Have you tried farming a specific boss? I can't remember specifically which boss drops shields, but I think it is king and queen just a hunch.

Ellyidol
02-20-2011, 02:34 AM
Yup K&Q do.

I think its like the Void Wing before, people had a harder time farming Keeper (K&Q) so there's so little of the pinks from them.

It seems that the K&Q map is also the most annoying one to go through, that square area with grates just everywhere and mobs around them.

Just a guess though.

KingFu
02-20-2011, 02:39 AM
I hate farming king and queen. The grate area has barrels and tons of mobs, and is just a pain. Then you get to the bosses and as easy as they are, it is time consuming. I try to get parties to farm trash heap so I can have the chance to loot that dang pink recurve;)

Also, I do kinda like the idea. Although I don't see how it'd work with the camera angles and everything. Are you saying that the shields block like dodge (a chance for the shield to block, and takes the numbers into factor and works like dodge) or that the character actually blocks?

Ellyidol
02-20-2011, 02:42 AM
I hate farming king and queen. The grate area has barrels and tons of mobs, and is just a pain. Then you get to the bosses and as easy as they are, it is time consuming. I try to get parties to farm trash heap so I can have the chance to loot that dang pink recurve;)

Also, I do kinda like the idea. Although I don't see how it'd work with the camera angles and everything. Are you saying that the shields block like dodge (a chance for the shield to block, and takes the numbers into factor and works like dodge) or that the character actually blocks?

Yeah, its my least favorite map to farm. Its just the shield prices (except wing if ever it drops from there) that make me go on ;)

What I was thinking is works just like dodge, but blocks instead. A chance for a shield to block. Not actual physical character blocking. :)

KingFu
02-20-2011, 02:46 AM
Yeah, its my least favorite map to farm. Its just the shield prices (except wing if ever it drops from there) that make me go on ;)

What I was thinking is works just like dodge, but blocks instead. A chance for a shield to block. Not actual physical character blocking. :)

Hmm, I like the idea, and it would add for better pvp with a factor of dodge and ability to block as well.

Ellyidol
02-20-2011, 02:49 AM
Hmm, I like the idea, and it would add for better pvp with a factor of dodge and ability to block as well.

They should remove the dodge we get from the fury pieces though :P (Sorry bears, just a suggestion).

So basically, our dodge now becomes the block % we have later.

KingFu
02-20-2011, 02:52 AM
They should remove the dodge we get from the fury pieces though :P (Sorry bears, just a suggestion).

So basically, our dodge now becomes the block % we have later.

And mages have lowest block %, then archers have second highest, then bears have the highest, then they can set a blanace for dodge again (archers having a lot of dodge, mages having decent, and bears having little) since archers were intended to have the most dodge, and it makes sense since bears are big husky guys in heavy gear, they shouldn't be able to dodge more than a skinny little turkey wearing a leather hide. Even if their thighs are much stronger to shift back and forth;)

Ellyidol
02-20-2011, 03:02 AM
And mages have lowest block %, then archers have second highest, then bears have the highest, then they can set a blanace for dodge again (archers having a lot of dodge, mages having decent, and bears having little) since archers were intended to have the most dodge, and it makes sense since bears are big husky guys in heavy gear, they shouldn't be able to dodge more than a skinny little turkey wearing a leather hide. Even if their thighs are much stronger to shift back and forth;)

Hahaha :P Yup, very detailed, even physically :P

I'm not sure if its possible, but the characters would have a "Block" stat, much like dodge. Block should only have a value if a shield is equipped though.

So a bear would have, lets say, 10% base block. With a shield (and whatever block value the shield has), it would go 10 + Shield Block Value.

If the bear isn't wearing a shield, that block becomes N/A or 0.

Zux
02-20-2011, 07:30 AM
Love the idea :), hope it becomes a reality