PDA

View Full Version : PETS: Thoughts on attack speed depending on rarity.

epicrrr
12-31-2014, 01:46 AM
Since mentioned by devs somewhere here on forum that ALL pets regardless of attack animation have the same attack speed ( i cant find the original thread ). Like people finding hammerjaw's attack as sluggish and slow but its just the way he attacks and sam looks faster at swinging his sword.

With the introduction of gold tier reward pets Dova, Blinky, Yowie and the newly elite farm exclusive pets Breeze, Snappy and Shade etc; these pet'ss happiness bonus seems to be almost on par with that of Arcane pets that trends are kinda changing. That "Arcane" exclusivity seems to be loosing their grandeurs. Increasing mythic's attack speed 10% higher than legendary and arcane pet's to 17-20% should really in general make that title Arcane "worthy" or at least only in PVP arenas where.

Having this aspect increased game designer can now release legendary pets with a competitive stats/aa without threatening "the arcane value".

Unless pet's attack speed requires the whole pet codes to be rewritten lol. Thoughts?

Dex Scene
12-31-2014, 02:50 AM
Arcane pets have higher damage than legendaries or mythics. And HJ and Glacian are outdated pets.

hozukreti
12-31-2014, 04:00 AM
Arcane pets have higher damage than legendaries or mythics. And HJ and Glacian are outdated pets.

Off topic? he talked about attack speed, suggestion to try make some more advantage on attack speed depend on pet rarity. am i wrong? :suspicion:

Dex Scene
12-31-2014, 05:07 AM
Off topic? he talked about attack speed, suggestion to try make some more advantage on attack speed depend on pet rarity. am i wrong? :suspicion:
Arcane pets have already higher damage. If the attack speed is higher, the differences will be huge. Ring bell now? Btw, It was not off topic

Appeltjes
12-31-2014, 05:16 AM
Agreed +1

hozukreti
12-31-2014, 05:18 AM
Arcane pets have already higher damage. If the attack speed is higher, the differences will be huge. Ring bell now? Btw, It was not off topic

Like hammerjaw (arcane) VS abaddon (mythic) ??? :suspicion:

ps: ring ring ring oh bell ringing :chuncky:

Dex Scene
12-31-2014, 05:20 AM
Like hammerjaw (arcane) VS abaddon (mythic) ??? :suspicion:

ps: ring ring ring oh bell ringing :chuncky:
Off topic

epicrrr
12-31-2014, 08:26 AM

Setting arcane pets attack speed to be higher than legendary and mythic will set a boundary as of why arcane pets is exceptional. With this in mind STS game designer can be playful with legendary abilit/stats that wont make people think arcane pets as being on par with legendary pets.

HJ - GLACIAN; Attack speed enhancement is not aiming for this "outdated" pets to be buffed it's a given theyre already 2 years old now but with their attack speed higher than legendary they will always be special. HJ on 1m-2m price? shame since they are of arcane rarity.

Dex Scene
12-31-2014, 08:31 AM
HJ - GLACIAN; Attack speed enhancement is not aiming for this "outdated" pets to be buffed it's a given theyre already 2 years old now but with their attack speed higher than legendary they will always be special. HJ on 1m-2m price? shame since they are of arcane rarity.

I didn't say HJ Glacian are outdated pets to grant the increased attack speed.
You said something about HJ Glacian being not worthy anymore before you edited your post. I said they are outdated pets on that behalf!

Titanfall
12-31-2014, 08:39 AM
HJ and Glacian are dead nothing lasts forever, hooks are arcane rarity but that doesn't mean they don't suck at endgame

drgrimmy
12-31-2014, 09:03 AM
Take a look at this thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?190244-Regarding-how-Happiness-Bonus-affects-Pet-Damage-Speed

It is really an eye opener. The amount of damage over time a pet does actually has very little to do with their displayed damage... It takes glacian almost three times longer to kill a single elite mob than some legendary pets...

drgrimmy
12-31-2014, 09:11 AM
HJ and Glacian are dead nothing lasts forever, hooks are arcane rarity but that doesn't mean they don't suck at endgame

Btw, using this logic Sameal should be dead as an arcane pet. He has been out forever, and four arcane pets have come out after him, yet he is still arguably one of the best pets. Perhaps sam should be nerfed? Lmao

epicrrr
12-31-2014, 09:15 AM
I didn't say HJ Glacian are outdated pets to grant the increased attack speed.
You said something about HJ Glacian being not worthy anymore before you edited your post. I said they are outdated pets on that behalf!

This is not about glacian and hammerjaw as you all have in mind these are "outdated". This is about all the arcane > mythic > legendary in terms of attack speed.

Btw, using this logic Sameal should be dead as an arcane pet. He has been out forever, and four arcane pets have come out after him, yet he is still arguably one of the best pets. Perhaps sam should be nerfed? Lmao

Its just mindset which is making it all difficult, complicated and probably the in-game price, make Sam a 3m pet and we will also call him "outdated"

Dex Scene
12-31-2014, 09:17 AM
This is not about glacian and hammerjaw as you all have in mind these are "outdated". This is about all the arcane > mythic > legendary in terms of attack speed.
Arcane pets have already Higher damage than legendaries.
Rarity don't always have to be better. Imbued sets are already better than outdated mythic sets.

Dex Scene
12-31-2014, 09:20 AM
Everything doesn't happen on a based theory! That's what makes the game interesting. Some gets outdated faster some lasts longer.
Only thing I dislike is new arcane pet should be op being its a newly released and it's arcane. Nekro as an example!

hozukreti
12-31-2014, 09:21 AM
Rarity don't always have to be better. Imbued sets are already better than outdated mythic sets.

and thats why he make this thread :tranquillity:

epicrrr
12-31-2014, 09:30 AM

They do have higher damage but is missing the other half attack speed to complete the equation.

Pets and armor rarity is way different as mythic set is "being hold back" for some reason hence the imbued legendary set was introduced to kick start elite farming and to replaced the mythic set which is already 2 years old. While the arcane pets have a continuous release take note mythic set was released once with and upgraded version.

Dex Scene
12-31-2014, 09:34 AM
They do have higher damage but is missing the other half attack speed to complete the equation.

Pets and armor rarity is way different as mythic set is "being hold back" for some reason hence the imbued legendary set was introduced to kick start elite farming and to replaced the mythic set which is already 2 years old. While the arcane pets have a continuous release take note mythic set was released once with and upgraded version.
If some pets are missing attack speed, Yes I would agree on having all pets with same attack speed.
If hj is slow in attacking yes it should get the normal attack speed other pets have!

Alhuntrazeck
12-31-2014, 10:27 AM
Oh noooo please don't increase Sam's speed its fast enough as it is (taking off ~10% HP per second)

Raselph
12-31-2014, 10:41 AM
I didnt get it? Why do u have to increase the attack speed for pets? We ourselves have a cd right? 1 second? Isnt this supposed to be DPS meaning damage per SECOND. Right? Lets talk about the arcane pet shady n surge....what happens when their speed rate increases? Maybe its 2-3s of a cd...imagine a 1s cd...wow it drains 10-20% of my hp and guess what at a critical?...poof! And samael does at least 248dmg on a critical? GG, if sams cd per attack is reduced...grand, lol. Also i dont think there is a need since arcane pets do the highest damage...so higher dmg per second means even i will be literally wrecked now.

epicrrr
12-31-2014, 11:20 AM
I didnt get it? Why do u have to increase the attack speed for pets? We ourselves have a cd right? 1 second? Isnt this supposed to be DPS meaning damage per SECOND. Right? Lets talk about the arcane pet shady n surge....what happens when their speed rate increases? Maybe its 2-3s of a cd...imagine a 1s cd...wow it drains 10-20% of my hp and guess what at a critical?...poof! And samael does at least 248dmg on a critical? GG, if sams cd per attack is reduced...grand, lol. Also i dont think there is a need since arcane pets do the highest damage...so higher dmg per second means even i will be literally wrecked now.

DPS is highly misleading, I've yet to find an explanation to how it comes to play when a player deals damage.

Raselph
12-31-2014, 11:21 AM
DPS is highly misleading, I've yet to find an explanation to how it comes to play when a player deals damage.

I was talking on the cd part, but i rather got a bit confused on what i was trying to say xD