PDA

View Full Version : Does int affect damage for a mega?

Generators
02-20-2011, 04:40 AM
Hi there, I am invetigating dual spec these days. If I distributed my stats with dual spec method, would the low int affect my damage output?Or, in other words, does int affect damage for a mega? If the answer is yes, could anyone tell the relationship between int and damage. what's more, if low int does have a harmful effect on damage, why we dual spec our stats?
Thank you very much.

p.s. Dear Ellyidol, I translated your post about dual spec into Chinese and shared your experiences with Chinese players in our forum. I've attached the link of your original post and clarified that you are the originator. We are all grateful for the great explanation you've given. Don't be angry with me for the copyright issues,lol.

Ellyidol
02-20-2011, 05:06 AM
Its no problem. Point of the guide was to help players, the more helped, the better :)

The point you do a dual spec is, to be able to use 2 kinds of gear at max level.

Take for example a Str/Dex Dual Spec bear (i used to be one).

If there's no tank in my game, I switch to my str set so I can tank.

If there are 2 or more tanks in the game, I switch to my dex set up so I can deal more damage.

Dual Spec-ing really allows more flexibility for the character AND it allows you to get as much stat points as possible.

Take for example a dex bear. You only want enough dex to use dex weapons/armors, nothing more.

A dual spec allows you to have the lowest needed dex requirement, and the rest into strength. :)

Hope it helps!

KingFu
02-20-2011, 05:11 AM
Sorry if I didn't understand your question precisely.

Yes, int does effect skill damage. The point of dual speccing is to basically be able to switch between two specs without respecing. Like if you want to have high armor and act more as a tank (in case there isn't a tank in the party) you can become battle bird, but if there is a tank, and you don't have a use to be str, then you can go dex bird. Just to make it simple.

I don't quite remember, but I think 2 int = 1 spell damage, just going off memory and very old testing so that may have changed, and I may not remember it correctly, but I think that's it

Generators
02-20-2011, 05:32 AM
Thank you very much! Now I think, for a mega, the purpose of dual spec is to gain more armor. But at the same time, it seems that we have to sacrifice part of our damage ability. Maybe in the 55 level dungeons, players need more armor to stay alive in the boss fighting battles? I am only 51 level now and farming keeper everyday. Could you guys tell me if it is necessary for a mega to obtain more armor in the higher level dungeons? Or, more armor is only useful in PVP field?

Ellyidol
02-20-2011, 05:35 AM
By "mega" do you mean mage? :) I think you do.

If you want to play as an int mage (staff/wand + bracer), I suggest you just go do pure int. You shouldn't need the strength for armour since you don't want to be tanking anyway. If your going to play a pally/dex mage though, dual spec definitely works best :)

I don't think its absolutely necessary for mages to have more armour in dungeons, I've seen some get through with a cosmos/shadow set.

Generators
02-20-2011, 05:59 AM
sorry for my wrong spelling, yes i do mean a mage. Your advice is really precious for me. Now I will stick to my wish from the beginning,that is, to be a mage of full int.
Thank you again and best regards!

Ellyidol
02-20-2011, 06:05 AM
You're welcome, and don't worry about your english. Much better than my chinese :P

KingFu
02-20-2011, 06:07 AM
Unless you have a reason to become a pally (some people just are used to it, and like the feel of it. Or they just have been a pally from the start) I would go pure int Mage, more skill damage, stronger heals. Just overall better performance, and outside of survivability, it is a better choice than pally.

Generators
02-20-2011, 06:15 AM
Thank you Ellyoid and Mysticaldream! I will be a full int mage!
I love this game and people here!