PDA

View Full Version : need data of skills damages vs int

chrononh
02-20-2011, 04:04 PM
I think it would be useful for us to figure out how much int actually affects our skills damage. I don't want to spend a fortune on respecs, though, so I'm hoping that the mages on this board will put up their stats without gear (because weapons also affect skills). All I need are the INT, damage range for lightning, firestorm, ice storm and frostbite, and heal range, as well as skill level (1 to 6). Also base damage, armor and dps, just in case int will affect those too (although probably very mildly if at all).

If the skill is not maxed out, you can also see the next level's stats, which will provide more data.

Data from all levels of players would be nice to have.

In my case:

INT 131
Heal 88-182, lvl 5; 100-202 lvl 6
Lightning 102-196, lvl 6
Firestorm 94-163, lvl 5; 107-188 lvl 6
Ice storm 19-58, lvl 2; 19-71 lvl 3
Frostbite 69-111, lvl 5; 82-122 lvl 6
Damage 20-26
DPS 19
Armor 7

If you have any suggestions on how to go about this, I'm all ears. I was just going to do a linear regression on the values. Later, we can add the data with various weapons to see how those affect the skills.

Thanks.

Royce
02-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Int affects skill damage in two ways. It rasies base damage (there is a thread with all the data on Int's effect on stats), and it increases skill damage through stat driven skills. So to figure out the stat driven skill effect alone is the challenge. I did it once, but it was before the rebalance so all that data is out of date now. Basically to see stat driven skills effect, you want to track skill damage increases with Int and then subtract the known effect of Int on base damage. I'll probably get around to doing this myself when I have the time and plat (for respecs since skill damage tracking still requires them).

chrononh
02-20-2011, 05:06 PM
Does the base damage also affect skills damage? I think we can probably figure out the dependence using multivariable linear regression. I do need some numbers to play around with though. If INT affects damage, and damage affects skills, then there should be a simpler "INT affects skills" equation.

BTW, regarding the thread on INT's effects on stats, is it quantitative? From what I remember of most of the stuff on the subject after the updates, they were mostly qualitative.

Royce
02-20-2011, 05:57 PM
It would be hard to give a figure to exactly how much Int affects skills because the stat driven skill effect is different for different skills (larger effect for higher damage skills). So I think it's better to try to pull the two factors apart. And yes, base damage is added directly to skill damage.

chrononh
02-20-2011, 06:34 PM
I want to see how INT affects each of the skills. My suspicion is that the dependence is linear, and each skill will have a formula: skill damage = f(INT).

If skill damage = f(INT, base damage), and base damage = g(INT), it follows that skill damage = f'(INT).

I do need numbers, though. Otherwise, I'll need at least 3 stat respecs and 9 skills respecs to have a good baseline set of data. If others can provide their data instead, it will be much better.

P.S. Uhm, base damage is dependent on dex, so I guess that will complicate things a little bit.

Royce
02-20-2011, 06:40 PM
I suspect if you want to do it individually for each skill you could, but you would likely have to have a separate function for each rank of each skill as well, since it seems the stat driven skill effect is greater at higher ranks. Also note that your formula would only be true of a naked mage. Once you equip a weapon, that also affects skill damage, and other gear with base damage bonuses will also increase base damage.

chrononh
02-20-2011, 08:03 PM
Well, I compared the damages of my dex Mage and the str Mage, and the dex mage damage at skill level 6 is 14% more for the lower end of the damage range, and 7% more for the higher end of the range. So skill damage is also a pretty strong function of dex (as proxy for base damage, I guess).

Yeah, I know it's for the naked Mage, but I want a quantitative analysis of the effects of the different stats. Call it base skill damage maybe. Before the update, the int effect was pretty mild, so that a pure str mage's skill damage wasn't as badly affected by the lack of int, although it was obviously less. It seems like the sensitivity to int and dex are more apparent after the update.

BTW, what do you think is the relationship between crit and base damage?

Royce
02-20-2011, 08:25 PM
Yes Dex increases base damage more than Int. If it were not for stat driven skills, Dex mages would have higher skill damage. This is why I think it would be better to pull apart stat driven skills from other affects on skill damage. People already have posted all the data on base damage increases from Int and Dex, and that adds directly to skill damage, so if get the stat driven skill effect alone, I think it would be most helpful.
I don't understand what you mean by the relationship between base damage and Crit, but if you mean the
Relationship between Crit and damage done, Physio has some good data on that posted in his big thread.

Pharcyde
02-20-2011, 10:07 PM
It takes A LOT of work to figure out. I found how how much damage int increases for lightning and fireblast at level 5, but thats only one level. Int effects spells damage differently for every spell and every level. I didn't account base damage though, just min, max and average difference from zero to max int and divided to find percent of damage added per point.

Silverpegasus
05-11-2011, 12:03 PM
https://www.yousendit.com/dl?phi_action=app/orchestrateDownload&rurl=https%253A%252F%252Fwww.yousendit.com%252Ftra nsfer.php%253Faction%253Dbatch_download%2526send_i d%253D1118849569%2526email%253Dae51a80c03a50f2a0cd bf5918f573e03&s=19071&cid=tr-cv-web-stnd-dl-gstrec-null-c-19071

It's messy, but i'm trying to compare what different INT and dmg does to skill damage.
One thing i find really weird is that the Dreamer's Bony Fire Pin and Dreamer's Dark Wand HAS EXACTLY the same amount of skill damage.
Both are fire based, 1H wands. Both are pinks. Both adds the same number of stats
ie. +7INT, +3% hit, +2%crit, +1%dodge,+2h/s, +3m/s.
This despite that the Fire Pin deals 20-23 more in base damage.
Fire Pin also has 1.0 Speed, while Dark Wand has 1.2 Speed.

Staffs does deal more skill damage than wands!
and the low number on icestorm and drainlife is because i did not maxed those skills yet.

Hope this could be helpful in figuring out the mystery behind skill damage.
Shoot me mail if you need to ask me anything on what my messy spreadsheet means :p:p:p:p