PDA

View Full Version : Tedious XP runs...

BlazeMystic
02-20-2011, 05:53 PM
I apologize for the long thread in advance.

Over the weekend I did quite a lot of XP runs with a full team without any pots and it was incredibly boring! This particular team that I was with decided to miss out on killing Gold fever altogether and instead concentrated on fast xp runs (I’d rather we attacked gold fever for the chance of a pink).

I know that Physiologic carried out some maths on xp gained (sorry I couldn’t find it when I searched), so I wanted to include a couple of observations from my own very basic data (I was bored at the time).
XP gained following 10 runs in total (no pots) = 1084, each run lasting between 5-8 mins,
Range of XP per run = 102-111
Average XP = 108.4

Total Gold obtained after 10 runs (not including drops, just from mobs and the odd treasure chest here and there = 2317
Range per run =194-379 gold
Average gold per run = 289

This and other comments in other threads got me thinking (never a good idea):
1) The amount of gold secured is not sustainable. You wouldn’t be able to fund your pots etc. I made the same amount gold going to Forest Haven, Deli level all within a couple of minutes.

2) If you only do xp runs on Bandit hideout level (without pots) – do you actually level up any faster than you would do otherwise if you concentrated on completing quests etc in the usual fashion?

3) I’m not making any gold at Balefort sewers, even by going through the levels in order and completing quests etc. Instead I have to keep on going back to Pyramid/keeper all the time. This is very tedious and has the effect of creating a very fragmented feel to the sewer’s levels.

4) Players who are using XP pots (most players seem to be using the 6K one) will probably be consuming all their funds, meaning that they are probably missing out on some good deals at the CS. I managed to pick up some good bargains on Level 55 recipes and a good deal on a Level 55 mage helmet. If I had spent it all on pots, I may well have gotten to Level 56 quickly, but would have ended up with no gold and then have to go through more grinding - this time to get gold! I wonder whether racing to level 56 is actually really worth it? – apart from the crown of course. Are Level 56’s happy that they have reached maximum level already or do they feel a bit deflated...I wonder?

5) Since players are missing out Gold fever on xp runs; then they are not going to get any pinks at all! Even if you can’t use the item, you could still make a lot of money selling them at the moment. It’s very hard to join groups who are not doing the bandit hideout xp run. So chances of securing a pink is even less as it is at present.

So I hope that players will start completing other levels for a change – I can understand the pressure people feel at the moment as it feels like a rat race and everybody must get to Level 56 or else! I also admit that I raced to get to level 55, though I'm trying very hard to refrain from racing to Level 56 now.

Anyway, I’ve rambled on enough already! If you got to the end of this – I’d give you a reward for persistence as well! Lol

Redbridge
02-20-2011, 06:01 PM
I've stopped at lvl 50, gonna really enjoy the view and take my time levelling further. Have even started two new alts to mix things up. Life in the slow lane. .............

Anyrra
02-20-2011, 06:03 PM
I agree so much. Im not one to race to the cap, I just do what I want to do and take it sloooow.

Kujen
02-20-2011, 06:05 PM
I agree. The gold drops are terrible, leveling up has costs me hundreds of thousands. I know they didn't put trash loot in because they say nobody used it, but we did - we used it for liquidating to get gold. I hope something changes, increase gold, increase trash loot, or increase liquidation prices. We shouldn't have to play in ao2 to make money.

I think Hideout is a lot faster leveling than doing the quests. Because it's easier, people die less there. If you get a good group that remakes it can be quite fast. I already miss how it was when everyone first got BS though, and all the dungeons were played. Daily quests just aren't as interesting because not many people do crafting. They should add gold and xp rewards for them.

giayuan
02-20-2011, 06:14 PM
I take it slow.. I buy xp pots of course, but the 1.5k one. Just do 4 runs with 4, 1.5k pots; you get more xp than one run with a 6k pot. And lmao, im not even plannin to get to lvl56. My goal is to get all three characters to lvl55 and use extra time if there is any to get my main to 56.

DawnInfinity
02-20-2011, 07:03 PM
I normally do like 5 runs with a 3k pot and then 1 run with a 6k pot. Then I'll go farm plasma. :p

giayuan
02-20-2011, 07:05 PM
I normally do like 5 runs with a 3k pot and then 1 run with a 6k pot. Then I'll go farm plasma. :p

Zomg dawn.. leveling!! lmao

nbaallamerican
02-20-2011, 07:09 PM
Yea, I plan to take it slow as well and enjoy the whole game. My only concern is that people will rush to level 55/56 and start to become boot happy. Hopefully thats not the case.

Ayrilana
02-20-2011, 07:11 PM
She's almost 55 too! This is why you make your own game and state at the beginning that you plan to kill Gold Fever.

giayuan
02-20-2011, 07:16 PM
Yea, I plan to take it slow as well and enjoy the whole game. My only concern is that people will rush to level 55/56 and start to become boot happy. Hopefully thats not the case.

Lmao I like boot happy xD

Conradin
02-20-2011, 07:19 PM
i have rushed to the cap when each campaign came out, since lvl 25. but last time when i raced to lvl 50, i got bored and went back to twinking almost immediately. this time i swore not to get bored, im lvl 51 and taking slowww

Palyna
02-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Yea, I got bored also when people skip gold fever everytime. I only use XP pot when I am leveling soon.

Cabero
02-20-2011, 10:27 PM
She's almost 55 too! This is why you make your own game and state at the beginning that you plan to kill Gold Fever.

I tried hosting my own game and each time I waited almost 5 mins for people to join.

And yes gold and trash drops are horrible is BS!!!! As far as questing I did all the quests and it took days I spent most of my time soloing because only thing people run is hideout all the other maps are ghost towns....

Yvonnel
02-20-2011, 10:52 PM
Level cap whats that? I haven't even tried to get to cap. I did all the quests (except for the 55-56 ones). Now I am farming for the lv 5 - lv 15 crafting recipes. Occasionally dropping in to other maps for some farming.

Physiologic
02-20-2011, 11:26 PM
Couple of observations on your observations:

Your Hideout runs lasting 5-8 minutes. If you have a DGP (damn good party), that really affects a lot of things. My average hideout runs take about 4 minutes to 4 minutes / 30 seconds even with Goldfever killed - I usually invite birds that Thorn Wall effectively/do Cruel Blast combos well, mages that Nature Strike and Nightmare and heal efficiently, bears that know when to beckon/taunt/stomp. With party members like this, you will BARELY use any potions, no joke. Enemies will be vaporized left and right. I think on an average of 10 runs I use roughly 30-50 pots with an ideal team. Not sure how often mages consume potions but as a bird I consume that much. By then I get enough drops to sell to regain 1500 gold, enough for 100 potions from Ellie.

2) Hideout runs (and actually any Sewer run) are fast if your party is smart, so yes they will level you up faster than quests (I'll assume you mean daily quests?).

3) You need a great, fast party as mentioned before to minimize potion consumption.

MoonYeol
02-21-2011, 02:07 AM
I love the idea of a campaign that's not all about farming gold. I've wanted a gold sink for some time. You don't have to use the 6k exp pot. It's up to you. If you take it slow and don't use pots you will surely get to lv 55. To some players it's a race while other just want to do their quests and then maybe slowly lvl up. I pretty much raced to 55, since I was busy most of the weekdays when the campaign got released, I grinded a bit during the evenings and a massive session during one of the weekend days. I used up 450k on elixirs.

Let's say that either you're using up more gold than you're getting from drops. What will this do to the economy? The people who are really rich and want to be first to 56 will use up A LOT of elixirs and therefore A LOT of gold. We're talking millions.
The people who aren't racing to get to 56, will not use up more gold than they get. Or they will do a few gold farming runs in between the exp grinding. If you're poor you will value your gold a lot more than if you have 25M in your stash.

What effect will this have on drop prices? Well, for starters the price tags on Lv 55 pinks will be quite hefty. Armors for 1-1,5M the others for 500k-1M or so. Later, the prices will drop. Once the hardcore players have gotten their sets the rest of us will get our share and with all the rich players satisfied, the prices will drop. That's just standard initial development concerning prices. Later, when the rich have used up a few millions on elixirs, they won't be that eager to spend hundreds of thousands on drops. The prices in CS will drop a bit and the gold will once again regain its' value.

So when you farm Plasma, you won't get more gold. But the gold you get will be worth more. Players won't just ackumulate riddiculous amounts of gold, they will spend more gold getting exp than they make. They will use up a lot of their gold. "Hey, I have 25M, what difference does 5M on elixirs do?"

I'll write more later.. probably... but now I gotta rush.. Just realised my bus leaves soon.

Riccits
02-21-2011, 02:40 AM
the entaire gold amount is sinking... i think we are at -200mil gold at all.
ppl spend on pots and thinking to gain it back after with loots.. dunno if this calc work..
for me wouldnt work, got no pink since a week and a played 50h last week killing a lots of bosses...
i want at least 2 crowns for my chars, but i think we have a lot of time... i do some xp run yes, but i prefer just normal farming. thers no reason to rush through the content...
we will be bored soon enough of this too..

superglut2
02-21-2011, 02:54 AM
Agree with moon. I think its good the way it is now

TwinkTastical
02-21-2011, 03:41 AM
First off, You cant call xp running tedious.

You honestly, just CANT.

Thats like getting boosted and calling it work.

kopi
02-21-2011, 07:18 AM
Mages if on caves eq doesnt consume any health or mana pot. The mana regen is high for me to spam skills. Same for bears on hate eq too.

Increasing gold drops? I do not think its will happen. Remember Ao3 nerf on gold drop when they found out we are getting rich with CTK map.

My friends and i usually do not skip gold fever. If u search thru games with host like Mikoko, Nicohastan, feel free to join. No booting except for below 40's. We want our games to be fun too

wolfendragon
02-21-2011, 09:05 AM
I experienced alot of booting before bs when I was proper lv for it by 50s in ao3 still get it times there same reason higher lv. I do agree xp grinding can be tedious if by yourself but that's when you go farm a low lv or help out some lowby friends for a bit. Makes it easier on you