PDA

View Full Version : Daily Quest: Dr. Noxious

kallima
02-20-2011, 07:00 PM
So I decided to post about this after encountering it several times and thought forums would be the perfect place to distribute misconceptions about doing the daily quest: Dr. Noxious in fetid halls.

Once you have taken the initial quest and completed deactivation/decontamination you no longer have to repeat it everytime the Hazmat Investigator gives you your daily quest. All that's necessary is for you to click on the hazmat unit and touch initiate decontamination procedures. You may then go on to kill Dr. Nox without having to waste any time on the other rooms. Voila, daily quest ready to turn in.

For some reason there are quite a majority of players that choose to re-take the quest...for those that do, please explain why as there is not a reward for doing so other than a few meager XP points. Personally, it seems like a waste of time to repeat the first part of the quest but I could be missing something and would appreciate any insight the forum members can provide, veteran and otherwise.

giayuan
02-20-2011, 07:04 PM
Great advice! I didnt know myself lmao thanks :D though i really only did fetid halls twice hah.

EDIT: just did quest, first part of it can be excluded, no gain

leonlmf
02-21-2011, 01:31 AM
i saw a mage use mana shield pass thought all the barrel without first quiz

Physiologic
02-21-2011, 01:33 AM
Funniest thing I've seen here was a lv 52 bear that used a tank pot to tank his way across the barrels.

Militaryman
02-21-2011, 01:39 AM
Funniest thing I've seen here was a lv 52 bear that used a tank pot to tank his way across the barrels.

I've seen an archer shooting the barrels. For 10 minutes.

kopi
02-21-2011, 07:22 AM
I've seen an archer shooting the barrels. For 10 minutes.

And he died....

Major
02-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Once you have taken the initial quest and completed deactivation/decontamination you no longer have to repeat it everytime the Hazmat Investigator gives you your daily quest. All that's necessary is for you to click on the hazmat unit and touch initiate decontamination procedures. You may then go on to kill Dr. Nox without having to waste any time on the other rooms. Voila, daily quest ready to turn in.

I did the quest once killed notorious then came back the next day and had to break the containers again....so I don't know if it resets but I do know I did have to do that quest twice. However i don't have to do it anymore so I don't know.....mainly tho has anybody ever made it without the green aura all the way through?

Phoenixking
02-21-2011, 09:17 AM
ThE mage with mana sheild

wolfendragon
02-21-2011, 09:32 AM
interesting info good to have

Norbert
02-21-2011, 01:32 PM
ThE mage with mana sheild

Man, he musta had a tanker pot going or something. I tried that when BS was new and I joined friends who were going in with green shield and I thought I could use mana shield, but no way. Made it maybe to the second can and died, even spamming health pots.

mycroftxxx
02-21-2011, 02:12 PM
There is one good reason to repeat the container quest first: if someone else in the group hasn't done it yet. I've been in there a few times when someone was grinding through to get the quest down and other people showed up and killed Dr. Noxious without them. That's rude.

(BTW, this is already in my “Balefort Sewers guide”.)

Demthres
11-07-2012, 12:45 AM
So I decided to post about this after encountering it several times and thought forums would be the perfect place to distribute misconceptions about doing the daily quest: Dr. Noxious in fetid halls.

For some reason there are quite a majority of players that choose to re-take the quest...for those that do, please explain why as there is not a reward for doing so other than a few meager XP points. Personally, it seems like a waste of time to repeat the first part of the quest but I could be missing something and would appreciate any insight the forum members can provide, veteran and otherwise.

You can get custom grip crafting item used in demonic set that saves you 100k's of gold thanks to it eliminating a few glyphic steel blades to craft set which cost 200k+ each.

Jcyee
11-07-2012, 12:55 AM
check the date of when the thread was created before posting...