PDA

View Full Version : New Content for the Undergeared

Dogma
01-02-2015, 11:30 AM
99% of the entire population of AL dont have the best gear in the game, so stop releasing content intended for the 1% that do. Lately the only new content has been the Planar Arena/Tombs which you intended for the best of the best.

Im not counting the events because they aren't really new. They have a strict pattern of collecting energy to run through a portal, kill boss, collect points, repeat. These events (imo) are getting a little old.

What we need is something permanent for everybody. The best place to farm xp is STILL wt4/kt4. How about a new area for those not at cap to level farm? Doesnt necessarily have to be a tomb, it could be a crowded, monster-infested town or mansion? Place it in Nordr and call it the Icicle Manse?

It's also high time to exchange out the "Limited Time" vanities for new ones. We need a bimonthly vanity. Some cool new vanity released every two months to keep the fashion fresh and hip. Im honestly sick of seeing everyone wearing betrayers and steel heraldic sets all the time.

I also believe it's time for a new expansion. And please, for the love of Gustav, dont release a new set of crate legendaries. They are complete junk that are a waste of time to clean up and just become way over-saturated in the market to even make a worthy profit. I want a new set of gear for my rogue (because im sick of my mythics that ive been wearing for a year), i want a new legendary bow, and i want new maps to run. Because lets face it, it's been almost a year since Tindirin was released

nevercan
01-02-2015, 04:37 PM
99% of the entire population of AL dont have the best gear in the game, so stop releasing content intended for the 1% that do. Lately the only new content has been the Planar Arena/Tombs which you intended for the best of the best.

Im not counting the events because they aren't really new. They have a strict pattern of collecting energy to run through a portal, kill boss, collect points, repeat. These events (imo) are getting a little old.

What we need is something permanent for everybody. The best place to farm xp is STILL wt4/kt4. How about a new area for those not at cap to level farm? Doesnt necessarily have to be a tomb, it could be a crowded, monster-infested town or mansion? Place it in Nordr and call it the Icicle Manse?

It's also high time to exchange out the "Limited Time" vanities for new ones. We need a bimonthly vanity. Some cool new vanity released every two months to keep the fashion fresh and hip. Im honestly sick of seeing everyone wearing betrayers and steel heraldic sets all the time.

I also believe it's time for a new expansion. And please, for the love of Gustav, dont release a new set of crate legendaries. They are complete junk that are a waste of time to clean up and just become way over-saturated in the market to even make a worthy profit. I want a new set of gear for my rogue (because im sick of my mythics that ive been wearing for a year), i want a new legendary bow, and i want new maps to run. Because lets face it, it's been almost a year since Tindirin was released
They fired al origenal ideas devs a long time ago thats why there isnt any creatif out here :D

Schnitzel
01-03-2015, 12:59 AM
I think a dev was talking about this in a thread a while back (not sure though)

if there were new vanities released every few months,
they might run out of bandwidth (still not sure what bandwidth is...but probably important)

in my opinion,
I would rather they spend bandwidth on new content, rather than more vanities.
If there were new vanities every few months, we might not have enough bandwidth for a lvl46 expansion.

Serancha
01-03-2015, 02:04 AM
There are over 30 elite maps that are playable by under-to-mid geared players. Everything from Brackenridge Forest for kettle eggs, to Tinderin elites for Magmatic weapons. Granted, you're not going to be making 25 million on anything you find there, but the odds of finding anything worth that in Planar are almost as non-existent.

You'd make more money farming for magmatic weapons and dragon teeth in Tinderin than you would slogging away in arena or planar tombs for the chance at catching a proverbial wild goose.

Edit: If they made new content specially for the undergeared, it would just be exploited by the overgeared, making any drops valueless. Unless you had to have legendary gear equipped to run it, in which case the super-overgeared in their imbued would just exploit THAT loophole.

Energizeric
01-04-2015, 07:02 AM
If they made new content specially for the undergeared, it would just be exploited by the overgeared, making any drops valueless.

Exactly.

Leonut
01-04-2015, 07:56 AM
I think a dev was talking about this in a thread a while back (not sure though)

if there were new vanities released every few months,
they might run out of bandwidth (still not sure what bandwidth is...but probably important)

in my opinion,
I would rather they spend bandwidth on new content, rather than more vanities.
If there were new vanities every few months, we might not have enough bandwidth for a lvl46 expansion.

Increasing level cap is not the way to go. I rather they keep balance right before introducing a new level cap.

End game content development can be endless. I always felt an increase in level cap is the easy way out, and not entirely effective. For Tombs I have to admit it is a very good end game pve content now that the imbued gears have been buffed. They should have even made them mythic instead.

They could work more on pvp now which is a very neglected part of the game. Bigger pvp maps that can take maybe 10v10 or 20v20. Guild wars. Guild dungeon boss which can be challenged by guild members and reward some unquie gem that grants maybe exp benefits or what not in guild parties.

Pure leader board basis is just a name plastered on the wall. Make it beneficial in game to be in a guild with hard stats and rewards.

So much more can be done for end game and the community instead of just launching new level caps. Also to be honest, there is very little incentive to increase the level cap with our current skill system and for what 25 stat points? Which can be easily added to existing gears like maybe a quest line to upgrade the gears. This way old items maintain their value and the market will not crash. At the same time new comers can profit from it.

To be able to hold end game at 41 and make it challenging / exciting will be a testament to STG ability. Of course they can always take the easy way out and launch new level cap. It will be the same story all over again. No depth.

xutreuqux
01-06-2015, 04:10 AM
Pvp/endgame extra hard contents is the 1% of the rich guys. Only a few sayin its fun coz they have tiptop gears and a lot of ankhs and pots. All others only farmed death there. Sts only care for rich guys as they buy plat. They never update stuff for the low or mid lvl. Brackenridge-shuyal all is very old. No update there. New gears and new gears all the time. Old events like lepregoblin, valentine, april fool is much better events than the recent ones imo. More stuffs added, not only mythic weapons and top gears that is now very expensive for low lvl as they r used to twink. They put good things of events in plat tiers only like para and eye. And most ppl who play this game for fun instead of workin in this game wont reach plat. Sts knew that this game is too hard and low lvl ppl that cant buy plat or wont work hard for a game will quit game soon.

So i think sts will delete my post now.. but idc at least i let em know my opinion. But before they delete it i wanna tell them instead of squeezin $$ out of old players, make this game better, more fun and balanced, so new ones think this game is worth buyin plat for.

Wutzgood
01-06-2015, 09:05 AM
Pvp/endgame extra hard contents is the 1% of the rich guys. Only a few sayin its fun coz they have tiptop gears and a lot of ankhs and pots. All others only farmed death there. Sts only care for rich guys as they buy plat. They never update stuff for the low or mid lvl. Brackenridge-shuyal all is very old. No update there. New gears and new gears all the time. Old events like lepregoblin, valentine, april fool is much better events than the recent ones imo. More stuffs added, not only mythic weapons and top gears that is now very expensive for low lvl as they r used to twink. They put good things of events in plat tiers only like para and eye. And most ppl who play this game for fun instead of workin in this game wont reach plat. Sts knew that this game is too hard and low lvl ppl that cant buy plat or wont work hard for a game will quit game soon.

So i think sts will delete my post now.. but idc at least i let em know my opinion. But before they delete it i wanna tell them instead of squeezin $$ out of old players, make this game better, more fun and balanced, so new ones think this game is worth buyin plat for.

If you don't want to either buy plat or work hard this prob isn't the game for you. Hard work pays off in this game and you could get top gear with out ever spending any real money. If you want everything handed to you without working for it or spending money you should try different types of games. This is a game that requires work to be good or spending money to speed it up.

xutreuqux
01-06-2015, 09:15 AM
If you don't want to either buy plat or work hard this prob isn't the game for you. Hard work pays off in this game and you could get top gear with out ever spending any real money. If you want everything handed to you without working for it or spending money you should try different types of games. This is a game that requires work to be good or spending money to speed it up.
Yep i worked hard too. Like farming everyday in brackenridge, km3 and when der is a pt i run elites. Still i cant afford those after like a month or more bcuz ankhs and pots is too expensive. I play like 2-4 hrs a day farming and merching. I think dats enuf "hard work" i did. How hard should i work for a game? I thought game is made to relax and fun.

Yeah i will make it someday, but farming all day made me bored already and even if i made it sts had come with new event and new gears and im beaten again. I hope new cap arrives after i have mythic set.

And i do realize this game is not for me. I just play this game to spend time and talk to guild sometimes when im bored, as now der is no better mmorpg than AL for android with such low size. Im lookin forward to sts new game now