PDA

View Full Version : A Bit Lacking In The Social Niceties...

Tsarra
02-21-2011, 04:52 PM
Here's just a couple of things that really irk me of late (feel free to chime in with yours):

1) Players who join an instance in which I'm farming or XPing, send a friend request, and then proceed to spam the trade button on me. Do you not see that I'm fighting to stay alive here??? In my book, this is no better than begging. When you go over to grandma's for dinner, do you ignore grandma, bypass the rest of the family and head straight for the oven to bury your face in the casserole dish? Probably not, I'm guessing (casserole burns are the worst, FYI).

2) Players who throw pity parties and/or guilt trips because I will not drag their alts. I have never asked ANY of you to drag me. I would solo before begging for experience, and I would expect any of the people on my friends list would do the same. If you can't solo, go join a level-appropriate PUG like a normal person.

3) If you send me three invites in a row to come and farm Plasma Pyramid with you, chances are I'm not going to join you when you invite me the next three times, either. This is a sure-fire way to find yourself off of my friends list in a hurry.

4) When you send me a Friend Request, I would like to add you because I know I can trust you in trade and rely on you in battle. Your incessant screaming of "ADD ME!!!" while I'm tanking the boss that YOU are supposed to be tanking helps your case with neither of these concerns.

5) Please stop asking if you can have free things. I know this has been covered in countless other threads, but it really breaks my heart when I see new players do this...especially Enchantresses. Hey, Enchantresses: Your character is DESIGNED to make money. Go make some! In the time you've been sitting here begging me for free items, you could have made 3000 gold running Sarcophagus. On the other side of this, if someone gives you free things, thank them. :)

That is all I have...and I feel a lot better knowing that maybe one person who engages in some or all of this annoying behavior will maybe knock it off now. It's obnoxious and it makes my ignore list epic...and if we were all a little more considerate (me included, with my logging out mid-conversation), PL would be a much nicer place. So stop.

*rant concluded*

StompArtist
02-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Here's just a couple of things that really irk me of late (feel free to chime in with yours):

1) Players who join an instance in which I'm farming or XPing, send a friend request, and then proceed to spam the trade button on me. Do you not see that I'm fighting to stay alive here??? In my book, this is no better than begging. When you go over to grandma's for dinner, do you ignore grandma, bypass the rest of the family and head straight for the oven to bury your face in the casserole dish? Probably not, I'm guessing (casserole burns are the worst, FYI).

2) Players who throw pity parties and/or guilt trips because I will not drag their alts. I have never asked ANY of you to drag me. I would solo before begging for experience, and I would expect any of the people on my friends list would do the same. If you can't solo, go join a level-appropriate PUG like a normal person.

3) If you send me three invites in a row to come and farm Plasma Pyramid with you, chances are I'm not going to join you when you invite me the next three times, either. This is a sure-fire way to find yourself off of my friends list in a hurry.

4) When you send me a Friend Request, I would like to add you because I know I can trust you in trade and rely on you in battle. Your incessant screaming of "ADD ME!!!" while I'm tanking the boss that YOU are supposed to be tanking helps your case with neither of these concerns.

5) Please stop asking if you can have free things. I know this has been covered in countless other threads, but it really breaks my heart when I see new players do this...especially Enchantresses. Hey, Enchantresses: Your character is DESIGNED to make money. Go make some! In the time you've been sitting here begging me for free items, you could have made 3000 gold running Sarcophagus. On the other side of this, if someone gives you free things, thank them. :)

That is all I have...and I feel a lot better knowing that maybe one person who engages in some or all of this annoying behavior will maybe knock it off now. It's obnoxious and it makes my ignore list epic...and if we were all a little more considerate (me included, with my logging out mid-conversation), PL would be a much nicer place. So stop.

*rant concluded*

Agreed on all points.

Junside
02-21-2011, 05:09 PM
http://www.guidofistpump.com/guido%20pix/fistpumpin.gif
YES! I wish something could be done with invite spamming. I can't see anything. :( Something like "Please wait 60 seconds before sending this individual another invite."

Tengotengo
02-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Here's another one.
"Trade me this 200kg thing for those two 100kg things and a little cash"
-trade-
"wait, I want that first thing back. Will you take this complete piece of trash 2kg thing for it? LOOK IT'S SO COOL LOOKING AND POWERFUL! NO? I'LL TRADE YOU TWO SHINY PILES OF TRASH FOR THAT 200kg THING!"
-no. trade everything back the way it was, please-
"here's your two 100kg things, but I don't have your money so here's that piece of trash I wanting to trade you for"

ugh. the trade and the re-trade were about 4 minutes apart too.

Zerious
02-21-2011, 05:30 PM
When you go over to grandma's for dinner, do you ignore grandma, bypass the rest of the family and head straight for the oven to bury your face in the casserole dish? Probably not, I'm guessing (casserole burns are the worst, FYI).

I now know what made you stop begging XD jks

I think an "ignore all" button would be a nice... or "ignore invites"...

Phoenixking
02-21-2011, 05:37 PM
The your enchantress you make money easier sounds ackward lol, i totally get your point btw

Zerious
02-21-2011, 05:42 PM
The your enchantress you make money easier sounds ackward lol, i totally get your point btw

ahh lmao i see what you did there XD

superglut2
02-21-2011, 05:42 PM
We really really neee a ignore imvites button. I was in forest haven on my mage to do daily quest then some kids messaged me asking fir free stuff. I gave him something then i checked and i had like at least 9 friend invites.. Its insane.. Same with some 50s its like i joon games and the second i enter i get friend invites, its so freaking annoyig

mugen
02-21-2011, 05:50 PM
Hey, Enchantresses: Your character is DESIGNED to make money. Go make some! In the time you've been sitting here begging me for free items, you could have made 3000 gold running Sarcophagus. On the other side of this, if someone gives you free things, thank them. :)

this is so true, especially the thank you part

Conradin
02-21-2011, 07:33 PM
enchantresses do have *cough* developed bodies. Im sure there are some *erm* Ladies of the night, in Forest haven

Zerious
02-21-2011, 08:08 PM
enchantresses do have *cough* developed bodies. Im sure there are some *erm* Ladies of the night, in Forest haven

that's a permaban if they get caught i think....

adwin
02-21-2011, 08:17 PM
Another variation is ppl sending you invites during the 1st microseconds you join an instance...
O_o
Creepy.

On a side note, I don't mind lower levels dragging themselves along, and gaining some xp. I know what a bore it is to grind to that yet, next level (especially in the late 40s). I only boot them when the party's full so a like-levelled player can join.

Tsarra
02-21-2011, 08:39 PM

That is SOOOOO not what I meant...I've been staring at this post all day, trying to figure out what you were getting at. :p

Zerious
02-21-2011, 08:43 PM
That is SOOOOO not what I meant...I've been staring at this post all day, trying to figure out what you were getting at. :p

win

Doubletime
02-22-2011, 08:26 AM
I have to agree that the multi-invites, all within 30 seconds is really not cool. I get it. You need people for your game. If I can play, I will join. Spamming me invites isn't going to get me there if I am busy. If you need me specifically, them send me a PM.

StompArtist
02-22-2011, 08:31 AM
that's a permaban if they get caught i think....

How about folks who PM my enchantress "are u a girl?". That annoys me to no end... why in the world would they even care? It's a cartoon elf. What does the gender of the cartoon elf have to do with anything??? Grrrrr.

Doubletime
02-22-2011, 08:49 AM
How about folks who PM my enchantress "are u a girl?". That annoys me to no end... why in the world would they even care? It's a cartoon elf. What does the gender of the cartoon elf have to do with anything??? Grrrrr.

It is annoying and more than a little creepy. I have been tempted more than once to call Jeff Hansen at Dateline's To Catch a Predator on some of the weirdo - are you a girl -- comments I have been sent.

Zerious
02-22-2011, 11:42 AM
why did everyone think i was a girl for the longest time? I was told i have pretty eyes in the past but....

Fyrce
02-22-2011, 05:00 PM
OMG, Tsarra, LMAO.

Reponse to (2) "Why are you here? You can't use any drops here and don't get more xp."

Don't rez them and maybe start gathering mobs and running through grates. As long as they're there, you can entertain yourself. These people are not powerleveling. They are leeching. There's a difference. Powerleveling != as useful as air, has to be protected like thin glass.

Deathdemize
02-22-2011, 05:38 PM
Here's just a couple of things that really irk me of late

You know what ''irks'' me? When i try to join a lvl 55 AO3 game on my lvl 10 and i get kicked...I MEAN COMON ALL I WANA DO IS GET CARED ~Roflcopter~

Zerious
02-22-2011, 06:10 PM
You know what ''irks'' me? When i try to join a lvl 55 AO3 game on my lvl 10 and i get kicked...I MEAN COMON ALL I WANA DO IS GET CARED ~Roflcopter~

i really hope that was a joke...

adwin
02-22-2011, 07:16 PM
looks like they are more demanding lol

http://i54.tinypic.com/166he7q.png

Kossi
02-22-2011, 07:17 PM

i have one...wana buy?

Fyrce
02-22-2011, 07:21 PM
OMG, LMAO. Yeah, buy it. I'm sure I have some for sale in CS :)

Tsarra
02-23-2011, 03:06 AM

I'm surprised he didn't ask you to wear it for him, too. In fact, here...here's my user name and password. Just play my characters. PL0x?

This is the single largest argument for involuntary PVP in Townes. :p Granted, it isn't much of one, but it would nip all that begging RIGHT in the bud...

Noob: Can I have...?
You: NOOOOOOOO!!!!! *Face Melt Combo ensues*

kopi
02-23-2011, 08:19 AM

Err i think u should reply you are, maybe free items would come your way?

Zerious
02-23-2011, 02:06 PM
adwin did you screen that Dexchantress we came across yesterday? That was BS... I understand asking drops from me as a lvl 23, but you were 50 and he wanted drops lol....

Kujen
02-23-2011, 02:35 PM
This is the single largest argument for involuntary PVP in Townes. :p Granted, it isn't much of one, but it would nip all that begging RIGHT in the bud...

Noob: Can I have...?
You: NOOOOOOOO!!!!! *Face Melt Combo ensues*

Lol yes! It's not like they'll lose any xp like in other games. But it might teach them to stop begging lol

djkrazze
02-23-2011, 06:29 PM
hahaha i hate it and ive probally done this too! but when ur in a level and then a player hits the invite button like 50 times! ugh that ticks me off! i usually invite all my friends to where im at! and the only person i hit the invite button like 50 times is my roomate! jajajaja i got him into pocket legends!

adwin
02-23-2011, 06:46 PM
adwin did you screen that Dexchantress we came across yesterday? That was BS... I understand asking drops from me as a lvl 23, but you were 50 and he wanted drops lol....

No I did not.
Well, who knows, it might've been a powerlevelled character, which means, no experience with the PL-etiquette whatsoever.

romgar1
02-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Herwolf is a boy?!?! LOL joking, but seriously why not hiswolf.

CanonicalKoi
02-23-2011, 08:48 PM
How about folks who PM my enchantress "are u a girl?".

YES!!! Sorry about the yelling, but this and the total one-shot death/run back/get screamed at AO3 pre-nerf was why I switched to bear. I got spammed that so many times by one guy (along with "do u hv boyfrnd") that I died twice from the distraction. Had to leave the game abruptly before I said something that would've gotten me banned. Arrgh.

EpuYue
02-23-2011, 09:16 PM
YES!!! Sorry about the yelling, but this and the total one-shot death/run back/get screamed at AO3 pre-nerf was why I switched to bear. I got spammed that so many times by one guy (along with "do u hv boyfrnd") that I died twice from the distraction. Had to leave the game abruptly before I said something that would've gotten me banned. Arrgh.

LMAO.. this is too funny.. i came across this situation a few times before too.. except i'm on my bird and some ppl kept asking if i'm a boy..

Kujen
02-23-2011, 09:35 PM
That is annoying. I'm a girl ok (omg?!), and the last thing I want is pervs or little boys chatting me up in a video game. I had this one guy ask me, and I said yes I'm a girl. 2 min later he asks again. I ended up removing him from my list. Also, I saw someone in Forest Haven say in town, "if anyone is a girl and can prove it I'll give you gold." First of all..how does he expect people to prove it? Second, he's only going to get guys responding to him because I can't imagine any girls would want to respond to that. Better to just ignore them.

Fyrce
02-24-2011, 01:38 AM
If I feel like talking, I always say I'm a 90-year-old single girl **hop**hop** No one's propositioned me yet :)
Let's all be 90+ together! I feel my 100th birthday coming up, BTW...

Kashyn
02-24-2011, 03:10 AM
I'm glad you all made these points. Being a new player I now know what NOT to do.
I mean, I have common sense and most of everything in this post is just plain rude on any level. The whole invite spamming, friend request spamming, and so on is just annoying and inconsiderate.

Hopefully other players who do this read through this and stop.

wolfendragon
02-24-2011, 03:52 AM
I actually had someone ask me to buy them xmas set for his lv. I was doing some good runs with this person so I bought set. didn't know about plat items not being tradeable at that time. He got mad, got rude and unfriended me cause he couldn't get it. I got good use of set though so its all good. Learned a good lessen though.... plat don't trade and its fun to make em mad when they get bossy.

Greyhorse
02-24-2011, 10:45 AM
I bought a female bear face pretty early on (for a small fortune, grrrrr!) when I started PL, and I get the "R U a girl?" PM often in the townes.

When I answer, "Actually, I'm a 58 year old woman" (truth), they shut up real fast, lol.

Klaubocera, lvl 50 warrior
PyanfarChanur, lvl 22 mage
Nozama, lvl 14 archer

DanielRH
02-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Lol, I play on my enchantress (DanielRH my main) and iv gotten many people saying "are u a girl" and stuff, one person asked to marry me rofl!

It gets sorta annoying lol

Kujen
02-24-2011, 01:26 PM
I bought a female bear face pretty early on (for a small fortune, grrrrr!) when I started PL, and I get the "R U a girl?" PM often in the townes.

When I answer, "Actually, I'm a 58 year old woman" (truth), they shut up real fast, lol.

Klaubocera, lvl 50 warrior
PyanfarChanur, lvl 22 mage
Nozama, lvl 14 archer

That's awesome lol. I know I'll still be playing these games at 58

Greyhorse
02-24-2011, 04:34 PM
:)

Oh, man...I can't even begin to think how awesome games will be when you turn 58, Kujen!

Kujen
02-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Well that's 34 years from now. Here's hoping for high tech virtual reality! :)