PDA

View Full Version : Braveheart (not the movie)

Lesrider
02-22-2011, 07:55 AM
Has anyone played the iOS game Braveheart? I got it for free and just started playing. Graphics are meh, but what I love about it is the gameplay. Rather than just button mashing "attack," you have to swipe your finger in a circle to get you flail/sword spinning. And the you move (tap or swipe) towards your opponents while it's spinning. You can keep spinning your finger to make it go faster. There's also a bow, and also, instead of just mashing attack, you hold down one finger and with the other you tap the guy you want to shoot.
Man I so wish more games would take advantage of the touch screen this way, instead of just buttons.
Not sure how long this game will hold my attention bc so far the environments are all looking about the same. It does get increasingly difficult, though, with new enemies, etc. Will see. Check it out, though.

RedRyder
02-22-2011, 08:41 PM
i downloaded the lite version after reading this and its not bad. i like the control scheme though. i dont think id buy it lol, not that id have to anymore anywayyyyy ;)
its pretty repetitive and everything does look the same environment wise. i like the illustrations for the story

Lesrider
02-23-2011, 06:37 AM
Yeah the environments are pretty repetitive. But it's still a fun game. I like that you can go "hunt" to lvl up if you're finding progressing through the story to be too difficult.

Btw, why wouldn't you have to buy it? Jb?

Anyway, it's a fun little game. I'm stuck at this crazy blue lion boss who leaves little mines everywhere he walks and I just keep getting DESTROYED. The bosses do offer some challenge. I may have to lvl up even more to beat this thing lol.

I just love the controls. I want to see more like that in other games!!!

RedRyder
02-23-2011, 08:37 AM
^yup jb ;D. The game is pretty good with the control scheme and I like the hunting feature. Other games just focus on like making stuff look pretty and whatnot or abusing the accelerometer like super monkey ball or katamari. I could get into this though. How long does the lite version last?

Lesrider
02-23-2011, 08:45 AM
I dunno, never had the lite version. I just happened to be browsing through the app store on the day they were offering the full version for free, so I thought I'd try it.

It kinda reminds me of Predators, but that uses buttons instead (if I remember correctly) and is much darker. That's a cool game too, but what stands out in this one is the controls. Plus, have you learned about perks and skills yet? Between those and bonuses, you can have so much fun. The only thing is I wish you could always see your enemies' hp bars, not just when you have the "observation" perk. Hard to defeat bosses when you can't even tell how much hp they have and how much you're taking off from them (if any).
And they made the best weapons have high upgrade prices (possibly in the hopes that some people will buy gold), but it just gives you something to work for. And gold is easy enough to come by when you hunt.