Dizko
05-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Seriously considering bow-bear for pvp.

Leach
05-18-2010, 11:25 AM
I'll pvp with only my Wit

TheBaconKing
05-18-2010, 11:26 AM
It all depends.. I'm gonna start off with the copperhead battle sword for the crit, and if it does not work out for me I will switch to the Conqueror's Croc Spine. If it turns out h/s is very very good in PvP I have a Blackmetal Claymore of the legend which has h/s in it, while still being able to decent.

So basically I can have 25 crit unbuffed (rage will give me 75)
or 80 some odd dps unbuffed BUT each swing can hit for 150+ (supposedly, all speculation and not including armor).
or 11 h/s

all without a shield.
Not as good as bowbear though.. But I like a challenge.

araziza
05-18-2010, 11:43 AM
I'm gonna use the good old bow bear. Will probably switch between the Sniper's Bayou Bow and the Sniper's Swampthorn Talon with Sniper's Blackbird Wing, depending on the situation. However, I may try to see how the Swamp Rat's Swampy Shiv works out, as it gives me ungodly DPS and crit ratio after rage (and pretty darn good before rage as well).

Leach
05-18-2010, 11:45 AM
I just can't get into bow bear, they look like an abomination.

Obliteration
05-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Bow bears are better than Bow birds in my oppinion. Though they look odd with a bow.

Rannos
05-18-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm going to rotate between Swamp Rat's Croc Tooth with Zom Shield and Copperheads Wammo the Hammo...

FriedSushi
05-18-2010, 03:17 PM
im dex bear, and im not sure whether or not to use a dagger or bow
dagger is better i think in damage, cuz we already have slash skills, but you will have to run after ranged people while they are knocking you back and stuff.
bows are good because you dont have to run to them, and you arent going to get hit by melee people as much if you stay back and shoot arrows, but much lower dps
what do you guys think?

TheBaconKing
05-18-2010, 03:26 PM
In the end it just depends on what you enjoy more.

Right now, we don't know if slow burst damage will be good. We don't know if fast and steady low damage will be good. We don't know what will work for what class. We really just don't know. Everything to this point has been speculation. We could get in there and see ranged bows are super duper awesome and the amazingly high dps of daggers not be. We could see the super quick daggers be the king while the bow is left in the dust. Just do what you like at first, and if you do good with it great, if it doesn't work then just switch.

Thats the great thing about having a feature come together right in front of our eyes. We really don't know what will happen. We just gotta do whats fun until we we understand what works and what doesn't.

Ta11on
05-18-2010, 03:46 PM
I am thinking of building my Strength on my Archer and using daggers. At this point, I can get my archer to about 100 Dex and 65 Strength.

I will just leave my Bear a 2-Handed beast.

Are swamp drops not going to be allowed in PvP?

TheBaconKing
05-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Are swamp drops not going to be allowed in PvP?

Why wouldn't they be?

Ta11on
05-18-2010, 03:50 PM
Why wouldn't they be?

I read somewhere that they wouldn't be, but it may have just been some one else's imagination... or I'm going crazy. O.o

Azrael
05-18-2010, 03:52 PM
Bow bears got stomp and iron blood... The only two things that make them on par with an archer. Everything else they have is the same... Or worse for bow. I kinda like 2h archer hybrid more than bow bear hybrid. Lots of roots, some ranged attacks and a break armor...

Bow bears will blow through mana and be garbage bears though if mana Powerups aren't plentiful. Archers have meditate, which makes them better without pots or power ups.

Edit-Though i wonder if they are getting near 4 ms from 16 int and ms gear... Either way, if bow bears prove to be better than bow archers, then the game is flawed and needs to be changed, nuff said.

FriedSushi
05-18-2010, 04:19 PM
Bow bears got stomp and iron blood... The only two things that make them on par with an archer. Everything else they have is the same... Or worse for bow. I kinda like 2h archer hybrid more than bow bear hybrid. Lots of roots, some ranged attacks and a break armor...

Bow bears will blow through mana and be garbage bears though if mana Powerups aren't plentiful. Archers have meditate, which makes them better without pots or power ups.

Edit-Though i wonder if they are getting near 4 ms from 16 int and ms gear... Either way, if bow bears prove to be better than bow archers, then the game is flawed and needs to be changed, nuff said.

foorgot bout rage.
also, bow bears blow through mana?
only skills i use are rage, iron blood, stomp. <- these dont use that much, and m/s replaces it in time
occasionally hell scream and evade

Jekyll
05-18-2010, 04:29 PM
foorgot bout rage.

No, Rage and Focus can be considered similar skills.

FriedSushi
05-18-2010, 04:32 PM
rage and focus both add critical, i think focus gives a bit more, but rage also increases damage by a lot

Smellulater1
05-19-2010, 05:08 AM
I will use good old Copperheads Wammo the Hammo, not because I will win every fight, Probably lose more then I win, but when I do beat you with it , it will be oh so lovely. Hammer time

Doomzday
05-19-2010, 09:38 AM
foorgot bout rage.
also, bow bears blow through mana?
only skills i use are rage, iron blood, stomp. <- these dont use that much, and m/s replaces it in time
occasionally hell scream and evade

They don't if u have ms regen

Lawlessomega
05-19-2010, 12:40 PM
I will have to stick to my trusty axe, I just love axes.......as long as they aren't lime green *shudder*.

Azrael
05-19-2010, 02:55 PM
I will use either legendary battle sword or the Croc spine (most likely the croc spine) for 2h. I may switch from zombie to copper head plate when that happens.. but then thats a huge loss of h/s. I'd have to really trust my healer on that one.

I will generally use the zombie set up however. That means i will have the newly upgrade Z shield and Plate, and either a Ursan BF helm on, or a M/s helm on. For a weapon i will use ancient sword or swamp rats trident. If i can find the croc tooth sword i'll also use that thing. Depends how i'm feeling and who i'm fighting. I may also use the frosty hatchet for the freeze proc.. but i don't know.

I think i'm gonna need to make another alt to dump my good but unused pinks on so i can swap easier.

Xanthia
05-19-2010, 05:28 PM
I will use either legendary battle sword or the Croc spine (most likely the croc spine) for 2h. I may switch from zombie to copper head plate when that happens.. but then thats a huge loss of h/s. I'd have to really trust my healer on that one.

However, we know that you do really trust your healer so this will not even be an issue. :)

nathanyc
05-19-2010, 07:11 PM
weapon is irrelevant... ive got Xanthia on as armor... he will be taking most of the damage anyways

Rannos
05-19-2010, 07:31 PM
weapon is irrelevant... ive got Xanthia on as armor... he will be taking most of the damage anyways

Haha! Yes, I will find myself an 'Enchantress Saintly Shield' as well.

Azrael
05-20-2010, 12:47 AM

Xanthia is the best armor, but it gets a little sweaty in hot weather.

Xanthia
05-20-2010, 02:01 AM
Xanthia is the best armor, but it gets a little sweaty in hot weather.

Woah Woah Woah... easy with using Xanthia like this. This is practically abuse....

Dizko
05-20-2010, 07:16 AM
I don't have the stat reqiurements to use Xanthia :(

Hraefn
05-20-2010, 08:38 AM

Well, my bow bear certainly doesn't have mana problems -- unless, of course, you mean too much mana. I keep hoping I'll find a helm to replace the Croc's he's wearing, which is superfluous at this point.

Here he is, self-buffed:

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/8945/manapic.jpg

Doomzday
05-20-2010, 01:55 PM
Well, my bow bear certainly doesn't have mana problems -- unless, of course, you mean too much mana. I keep hoping I'll find a helm to replace the Croc's he's wearing, which is superfluous at this point.

Here he is, self-buffed:

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/8945/manapic.jpg haha damn right man I have the same set up as you and it rocks no worry about mana regen for sure! If they nerf bow bears then I'll quit cause I put alot of time into him lol