PDA

View Full Version : I believe constructive criticism.How about you?

Deathdemize
02-22-2011, 11:08 AM
I have played MMoRPGs for a long time now and it has became a kind of .... Way to pass time? ya but any who i started to play this awesome game of yours and i was blown away at how good it was. I went out and got me a ipad just for PL and get better at it.as i played i noticed that PL had so many good features but was missing a few things that could keep people very happy for a very long time.Things like:

achievements
Guilds(I know you have guilds on the forums but is there a way to get it into the game?)
Titles(Like Deathdemize Guardian of Alterra for the people who got that shield)
Pets
Quest Lore!
Legendary weapons that are like only 2 out of 10000 people have lol thats what makes them legendary! but you guys already have legendarys that are easy to get so make a new type called mythic or somthing that has a 0.00000015%drop ;)

These things make mmos more fun to play and help pass time as you wait for new things to come out.
I love the world you have made.Keep up the good work and keep them dungeons coming!

Major
02-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Pets....really want those. Guilds for sho. A new drop...harder to find....YES!!!

Royce
02-22-2011, 11:13 AM
In game guild support has been planned for some time and is on the way. Pets have also been discussed for almost a year and there are several suggestion threads dedicated to that specific topic.

Deathdemize
02-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Ya major i dont know that many mmo's with a better gear than legendary so PL should be one of the first to make it!

Major
02-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Ya major i dont know that many mmo's with a better gear than legendary so PL should be one of the first to make it!

It would def give more reason for people to farm and spend more time on PL coughdevscough.

StompArtist
02-22-2011, 11:27 AM
achievements for kills are there but they are not displayed on avatar page :(

Major
02-22-2011, 11:28 AM
achievements for kills are there but they are not displayed on avatar page :(

It probably wont be an achievement because you can hide your kills from/deaths from other players....way to make money for devs I guess.

StompArtist
02-22-2011, 11:31 AM
It's probably not an achievement because you can hide your kills from/deaths from other players....way to make money for devs I guess.

True but I am sort of disappointed. You get this cool message saying "10000 kills: WarMage!" (may not be the actual message, I forget) and do not get to ever see the title again. It's a bit like earning your black belt at Karate but all you get to do is to look at it just once.

Major
02-22-2011, 11:32 AM
True but I am sort of disappointed. You get this cool message saying "10000 kills: WarMage!" (may not be the actual message, I forget) and do not get to ever see the title again. It's a bit like earning your black belt at Karate but all you get to do is to look at it just once.

Haha yes I see what your getting at...they should have a title there that you can keep for others to see or not.

Deathdemize
02-22-2011, 11:36 AM
What do you think about Quest lore?

Wrap
02-22-2011, 11:36 AM
Legendary weapons that are like only 2 out of 10000 people have lol thats what makes them legendary! but you guys already have legendarys that are easy to get so make a new type called mythic or somthing that has a 0.00000015%drop ;)[/SIZE]

Well there are certain Legendary items that are VERY rare and only a few exist in the game..Examples:

Ruby Blade Sword Of Legend
Conqueror's Wammo The Hammo
Gurgox Hammer (one-handed version)
Level 10 pinks dropped in Forest Haven (Chain/Leather/Robes)

Royce
02-22-2011, 12:21 PM
Gurgox Hammer (one-handed version)

This doesn't exist. It was a rumor based on an early demo video of AO3 that showed Boomer wielding the hammer in one hand. However he didn't have a shield, so it's safe to assume they simply hadn't added the correct animations for the weapon yet.

Lesrider
02-22-2011, 12:25 PM
What is quest lore?

Deathdemize
02-22-2011, 12:44 PM
What is quest lore?
Ok i will try to explain with my bad spelling here we go.
what i mean by quest lore is like in world of warcraft one of the many mmo's i play, i took my time to do like 4000 quest and read all of them.Why?Because it was so like OMG I MEMBER HIM FROM THAT OTHER QUEST and omg this happend because of this.Jeezz im having a bad time trying to explain this

SO ok Lore means

–noun
the body of knowledge, especially of a traditional, anecdotal, or popular nature, on a particular subject: the lore of herbs.
learning, knowledge, or erudition.
Archaic .
a.
the process or act of teaching; instruction.
b.
something that is taught; lesson.

Like a bed time story.Now put that into quests and you got your self a long bed time story.The story would be about the land of the game , why things have happend why this dude got killed or stuff about the king WHAT EVER just a story put into a bunch of quests.
SORRY FOR THE CRAPY EXPLANATION AND SPELLING :D

Lesrider
02-22-2011, 12:53 PM
Lol I know what lore is, but never played WoW.
I've probably played single-player games with that concept, though.

As for PL, I rarely read the quest descriptions, so I'd be at a huge disadvantage lol. Although, I do appreciate the new quest log that has the descriptions next to the names!

Deathdemize
02-22-2011, 12:56 PM
Yup that is a very good thing they added.Sigh i cant find my ipad charger....

Lesrider
02-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Btw, I agree that achievements would be nice (we're online whenever we're playing, anyway), with possible awards for completing a certain number of achievements. I guess it wouldn't be much different than quests, but quests have pretty lousy awards (for the most part).

I'm not sure what's needed exactly, but I'm just not pulled in anymore. Ao3 got me completely obsessed for a good while, but now... I dunno.

Deathdemize
02-22-2011, 04:17 PM
Bump....Dev reply? :(

Royce
02-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Bump....Dev reply? :(

Please don't bump pointlessly. The devs read suggestions but rarely reply. If a lot of people agree with something, I'm sure they'll take note. Two of the suggestions have already been discussed at length elsewhere (guilds and pets), an honestly I think you need to flesh out the "lore" suggestion a bit more. The story of PL (sparse and convoluted though it may be) is already told primarily through the quests, so what is it you want exactly, just more?

superglut2
02-22-2011, 04:30 PM
Theres a lvl 50 vyx helm ( rumor too )

Deathdemize
02-22-2011, 04:33 PM
Sorry lol so used to world of warcraft forums where you got into a bump war...but ya what im trying to say is i want more and more breath taking lore xD

Deathdemize
02-22-2011, 04:40 PM
And i understand that it is a mmorpg for the iphone ipad itouch (and the best on out there) but is there nothing else the devs can put out there that can make me loss my self in the game? for examle , i finished a quest in one of my other games that takes place where i pass by many times a day.This quest was so amazing and the things that happened in it changed the world i played within so much and every time i passed by that place and saw that grave where the knight was brayed i remembered that quest.Thats the kind of thing i was talking about.Now im not saying hey you better put this out or else but im saying if there are other people out there in the game that like that kind of stuff then maybe a little of that kind of stuff should be put in (if the makers want to)