PDA

View Full Version : welp, looks like I got taken. :(

Tengotengo
02-22-2011, 02:53 PM
I could have sworn this guy was a friendly player. I'd run dungeons with him and we'd had some banter...
then I loaned him 100k so he could get Raid Roach gear.
Now I'm not seeing him on my friends list, on or offline. :(

The guy's name is Wine. He's an archer.

Like I said, I swore he was cool, but I guess not.

Tengotengo
02-22-2011, 02:54 PM
I guess I'm done being friendly with people.

KingFu
02-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Sorry to here that. I heard a bit about him before from other people about this. I don't lend money usually, I usually give it, but if I do lend it I only do to people I can trust. Large amounts that is.

I'm having not in a rich state right now due to leveling and getting gear, but if ya get on I can spot ya 50K for the incident. I'm sure you know it was partially your fault, and you got taken advantage of:) Happy farming.

Otukura
02-22-2011, 03:04 PM
He's always been a pain in the butt to me...

Physiologic
02-22-2011, 03:10 PM
I generally don't trust anyone who doesn't have an influential forum reputation. Not that I would hand high-rep forumers my firstborn child or anything, but you can hold them to a much higher degree of trust than random people in-game :) This isn't a 100% guarantee but it's most like a 90% guarantee.

StompArtist
02-22-2011, 03:11 PM
I trust no one because I wouldn't trust myself. :D

Tengotengo
02-22-2011, 03:24 PM
thanks for the offer, but I guess it's not necessary. I was sort of assuming he was a good guy, and it's my own fault for trusting someone. I just wanted to A) vent, and B) get his name out there.
Again, if he's legit, I'll take it all back.

Zerious
02-22-2011, 03:41 PM
I typically lend money that i could farm in an hour from liqs. Lent a twinking friend 20k that I've known for about 2 months now. He knows if he doesn't pay me back I'll wreck him in pvp :D

Sun
02-22-2011, 03:47 PM
If you aren't sure you can trust someone a good idea would be to get some collateral.

Otukura
02-22-2011, 03:49 PM
I typically lend money that i could farm in an hour from liqs. Lent a twinking friend 20k that I've known for about 2 months now. He knows if he doesn't pay me back I'll wreck him in pvp :D

Why doesn't he just not play with you then?

Zerious
02-22-2011, 03:49 PM
If you aren't sure you can trust someone a good idea would be to get some collateral.

+1..................

superglut2
02-22-2011, 04:09 PM
Sorry to hear that bro. Happened to me too with 30k

Fyrce
02-22-2011, 04:32 PM
I agree with Mystical. I don't lend money. If I give you money, it's a gift.

I generally am a bit leery of people who have to borrow to get equips. I've seen people farm for weeks and not get what they need. Now THOSE people deserve help. Everyone else... go follow their example. People who spend the time though generally have things to sell/trade and generally don't beg.

Leiver
02-22-2011, 05:02 PM
I don't see the point in begging or stealing in a game like this. Surely the ONLY point in levelling and completing quests and winning pvp and having cool gear is to have a sense of achievement. If you achieve by deception then you have achieved nothing apart from totally wasting your time

Beanmachine
02-22-2011, 05:04 PM
Wine is a scammer, tried to buy my rift set for 700k and said his money was on another account and i should pay him first. Devs should do something about it... :(
Ocf dw i knew at first he was a scammer.