PDA

View Full Version : Can some clarify? (re: new update about more weapons in BS)

jaggedlilpill
02-22-2011, 03:28 PM
Okay so was just running with a group in hideout and host didn't wanna do GF because he said he doesn't drop pink weapons so it would be pointless to fight him because the update states 'weapons' and He said GF only drops helm and armor. I said gear is gear and that GF does drop pinks...he proceeded to call me and another guy names bc we wanted to fight GF. We get to the end and he says he's going to fight him just to prove a point, I said gear is gear there is no point. So he tells me to shut the f*** up and boots calling me a moron.

So my questions are by 'be on the lookout for new weapons' does that mean sword,wand,bow etc.? Or does weapons mean gear in general. And I know for fact I've gotten 2 pink armors from GF. He said helms, armor aren't weapons, but to me a pinks a pink??

Otukura
02-22-2011, 03:31 PM
GF doesn't drop weaps, just armor and helms.. other bosses drop weapons.

Kujen
A pinks a pink. The pink armor goldfever drops is worth a lot, and now he will drop recipes too. Don't know yet if more weapons means pinks or just new weapons in general. Anyway, you should have reported that guy for his language.

Zerious
it's like the whole square-rectangle relation. Instead it's the weapons-equips relation, weapons are equips, equips aren't always weapons (as squares are rectangles but rectangles aren't always squares.)

My point: stick to the specifics just to be safe from the trolls :)

Doubletime
02-22-2011, 03:35 PM
I believe Otukura is right. At least before the update today. I have kept a running loot list of BS drops and GF has never dropped a weapon to anyone in any party I have been in.

jaggedlilpill
02-22-2011, 03:36 PM
I know GF only drops armors and helms....I've always thought that weapons was a generalized term for all gear, that was my point.

I don't bother reporting for lang, im an adult, if some angry kid feels better to curse someone over the internet then whatever, doesn't bother me, just shows how much of an idiot they are. Funny thing is most who act like this online would never do it in person bc they prob would get their butt kicked.

Zerious
02-22-2011, 03:43 PM
I know GF only drops armors and helms....I've always thought that weapons was a generalized term for all gear, that was my point.

I don't bother reporting for lang, im an adult, if some angry kid feels better to curse someone over the internet then whatever, doesn't bother me, just shows how much of an idiot they are. Funny thing is most who act like this online would never do it in person bc they prob would get their butt kicked.

Exactly! Lol so if you ever see me cursing... Be happy it's not in person :rolleyes:

Otukura
02-22-2011, 03:48 PM
A pinks a pink. The pink armor goldfever drops is worth a lot, and now he will drop recipes too. Don't know yet if more weapons means pinks or just new weapons in general. Anyway, you should have reported that guy for his language.

What I mean is he probably doesn't care about getting anything other than a weapon.

Kujen
02-22-2011, 04:02 PM
I know goldfever doesn't drop weapons. But the armor is worth a lot. Couldn't he loot 800k mega mage armor, sell it, and buy himself a weapon? Why anyone would skip a boss, and not take thirty seconds for the chance of a valuable pink is beyond me.

Also, I'm an adult and have reported people for language. Why? Becasuse it's against the terms of service and kids do play this game.

Royce
02-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Lol, this guy you were playing with sounds like a real winner ;)
Anyway, sure, before the update GF didn't drop any weapons, but nobody knows yet where the new drops will come. There's no rule saying that if a boss doesn't drop weapons, he never will even when new gear is added. It wouldn't be the first place I'd look, but it's definitely possible. And if this guy was so interested in the new gear and didn't want to fight GF (which is itself ridiculous since he takes like 30 sec and can drop nice stuff as well as a good deal of XP), then why was he hosting a hideout map at all?

Moogerfooger
02-22-2011, 04:10 PM
And if this guy was so interested in the new gear and didn't want to fight GF (which is itself ridiculous since he takes like 30 sec and can drop nice stuff as well as a good deal of XP), then why was he hosting a hideout map at all?

How dare you use logic, good sir?!?!?! :p

Fyrce
02-22-2011, 04:24 PM
People skip him all the time. Learn what it takes to kill him and do him yourself. Obviously, it'd be great to end with him in a fully potted group for max xp, speed and drop, but doing him w/ one or two others is very nice as well. Usually makes you a friend or two.

I'm seeing lots of xp groups run right into GF, fully potted, as part of their run, so maybe people just need to keep group hopping till they find one of those? Doesn't seem that hard to find those groups. Harder to find the time to keep going. What I could do w/ 5 hours of solid xp'ing... :P

superglut2
02-22-2011, 04:25 PM
The queen drops a black/gray int staff thats similar to cosmos keeper staff just MUCH better. Saw one in cs for 430k

RedRyder
02-22-2011, 04:49 PM
The queen drops a black/gray int staff thats similar to cosmos keeper staff just MUCH better. Saw one in cs for 430k

What's it called??? I wanna buy itttt

Otukura
02-22-2011, 05:00 PM
Sewer Queen's gemstone staff. Smexeh.

EDIT: If anyone wants to see it, add me. I'll probably be on Geotafan, my birdy.

Royce
02-22-2011, 06:48 PM

It's a single target, lightning staff like the Gemstone staff or the mirage and cyber staffs, not really like the keeper in any way. The Gem Blast staff is the new, better, keeper.