PDA

View Full Version : What defines a noob?

Phana
02-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Many times when I've been in groups, when the level cap was 50, there'd be a player slightly under 50 who would join and all the 50s would scream at them to leave for being a noob.
I mean it's not that big of deal but when a level 10 would join they'd nicely get asked to leave. No one calls them a noob or yells at them. It just made me laugh when I thought about it.
Just curious as to what everyone elses thoughts are on this :)

Pharcyde
02-22-2011, 07:30 PM
Noob's have many sub catagories for definitions. But this is the ultimate universal term for a noob.

http://neutralgood.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/facepalm.png

If you find yourself applying the face palm, then you just defined the player your with as a noob.

Kossi
02-22-2011, 07:32 PM
this..is a noob

if you know runescape

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z333/Kossii/rs.jpg

Ellyidol
02-22-2011, 07:33 PM
For me its players who don't listen/respond.

I was in a Goblin King group last night, 2 bears 2 birds 1 mage, I was one bear. Really good setup right?

Classic case of good team, but bad players.

I told them to attack the post when it turns green so it wouldn't heal, no response. It healed once, I told them again, no response. It healed up to full, where I decided to just damage elixir up, twice. We eventually killed it by just beating the totem heals as much as we can. -.-

First time I've called people noobs outright.

Pharcyde
02-22-2011, 07:38 PM
Watch this video for a definition of a noob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y61oTYLhO8&feature=related

this..is a noob
if you know runescape

Hahahah Kossi... I haven't played runescape in several years and bob the noobs still cracks me up.

Kossi
02-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Watch this video for a definition of a noob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y61oTYLhO8&feature=related

Hahahah Kossi... I haven't played runescape in several years and bob the noobs still cracks me up.

one thing i learned from bob is, if you want to be important in a game, do something for the community
i.e. making hilarious videos

Pharcyde
02-22-2011, 07:43 PM
one thing i learned from bob is, if you want to be important in a game, do something for the community
i.e. making hilarious videos

exactly, bob had more people flooding his town and clan chat then Zezima did when he was tippy top dog.

wolfendragon
02-22-2011, 07:45 PM
Well going by some of the defs you posted I've seen alot of 50+lv noobs

Pharcyde
02-22-2011, 07:46 PM
Well going by some of the defs you posted I've seen alot of 50+lv noobs

Pretty much every lvl 50 is a newb, if they came from 1.6 or up.

Kossi
02-22-2011, 07:47 PM
exactly, bob had more people flooding his town and clan chat then Zezima did when he was tippy top dog.

or nightmarerh

all he does is make (funny) commentary videos and is a runescape superstar..and he barely edits

i was at his 99 smithing party...took me 18 minutes to get into the world! 18 MINUTES
usually i get into a full world within a couple tries, but it took me over 200 tries
apparently, thousands wanted to get into the same world with nightmare
oh and the lag was unbearable
people would go underground and make it the lag-free zone
EVERYONE's screen froze when he logged on..

im glad i didnt see how his 99 construstion party went,...

Pharcyde
02-22-2011, 07:49 PM
Were you there when Oldknight got back on after like 9 years of inactivity? His world was full in under 10 seconds and the piles of ppl were worse then Varrock World 1 during the good ol days before GE.

Kossi
02-22-2011, 07:51 PM
Were you there when Oldknight got back on after like 9 years of inactivity? His world was full in under 10 seconds and the piles of ppl were worse then Varrock World 1 during the good ol days before GE.

nightmare chose the most random world..like 64 er something

the world usually had 500-600 people regularly
it maxed 2000, 12 hours before the party

oh and it took me 200 logins to get into the world 3 hours before his party
i wonder how many people were tryin to get into his CC

Pharcyde
02-22-2011, 07:56 PM
nightmare chose the most random world..like 64 er something

the world usually had 500-600 people regularly
it maxed 2000, 12 hours before the party

oh and it took me 200 logins to get into the world 3 hours before his party
i wonder how many people were tryin to get into his CC

I would absolutely hate being a popular or best player in runescape of all games. Your account gets attempted hacked tens of thousands of times a day, and a good 500 of them are pro's who crack passwords for a living...

Kossi
02-22-2011, 07:57 PM
I would absolutely hate being a popular or best player in runescape of all games. Your account gets attempted hacked tens of thousands of times a day, and a good 500 of them are pro's who crack passwords for a living...

but almsot all of them dont get hacked...
silentc0re
sparcmac
1itemdbow
nightmarerh

although zezima's been hacked an insane amount of times

Phana
02-22-2011, 07:59 PM
Noob's have many sub catagories for definitions. But this is the ultimate universal term for a noob.

http://neutralgood.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/facepalm.png

If you find yourself applying the face palm, then you just defined the player your with as a noob.

Haha that made me lol! Also it sort of bugs me when I see lvl 50s with 54 kills and 2 deaths(that would also be a noob in my book)....I remember when everyone did it the old fashion way. Everyone should level the right way for at least one character to know pl.

noobmigo
02-22-2011, 07:59 PM
Bob the noob crax me up and I don't even play runescape. ur talking Tehnoobshow right?

Kossi
02-22-2011, 08:00 PM
Bob the noob crax me up and I don't even play runescape. ur talking Tehnoobshow right?

yes. yes i am

Pharcyde
02-22-2011, 08:00 PM
Part of why he pretty much quit. Most hackers didn't want his account in the hopes of keeping it or the thrill of being on it. Most wanted to trash it and dump all of his items and rares. RS is full of a bunch of d**ches....

noobmigo
02-22-2011, 08:02 PM
yes. yes i am

awwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeesssssssssssssoooooooommmmmmmme eeeeeeeee
I remember it was the best laugh I ever got from a youtube video besides smosh and the clone trooper doing "stuff"

Pharcyde
02-22-2011, 08:19 PM
Right? Tehnoobshow was the only time I ever spent more than a hour on youtube at one time. His videos made me crack up soo much.

GUUUUUUTTTTTTTTHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJtlZgsNNaQ

wolfendragon
02-22-2011, 08:39 PM
Pretty much every lvl 50 is a newb, if they came from 1.6 or up.

I started in 1.6 I lvd my main up from 1 to where I am now. At 35 I was doing better than lv 50s because I knew mu char better than they did. I used the ao to lv since I was lving slow so when I was doing ao3 I was giving sound advice to 45-50s that worked cause I got stuck soloing it and doing well til bosses and trying how to beat them so when there was a decent group I lead them and we won if it was done right

Fyrce
02-22-2011, 09:00 PM
I loved running my level 50 int mage ahead of quaking L55 bears who didn't know the 1st thing about tanking. It was great. Too bad I'm level 51 now :)

wolfendragon
02-22-2011, 09:06 PM
I loved running my level 50 int mage ahead of quaking L55 bears who didn't know the 1st thing about tanking. It was great. Too bad I'm level 51 now :)

True and its also quite funny that alv 55 friend invites me before other 50+s when he sees me on to help with bs

IamBored
02-22-2011, 09:12 PM
A noob is someone that doesn't learn. Kill count and when a player started playing a game doesn't have anything to do with being a noob. Sometime people except you to know everything not knowing maybe it's your first time fighting a boss. So I was the person that took all the green orbs when fighting Gurgox for the first time. I didn't know what the orbs were for and I didn't have my sound turn on. It took me 3 tries to figure out. Am I a noob? I was a newbie to fighting Gurgox because it's my first time. Because my group at the time were all newbies so I wasn't called a newbie. If I was in a group with oldies/experts/elites, they would have called me a noob.

Phana
02-22-2011, 09:30 PM
So you were all noobs as we all are at one point. But now your the gurg master right :)

Fyrce
02-22-2011, 09:41 PM
No, most of us ask whether there's any info or say it's our first time somewhere in case anyone has any advice for when we fight a new boss. That's not a noob. I never ran around taking all the orbs. There were other players. I figure some of the orbs were for them. Most people I played with did not do any of that. It did take awhile to figure out mages were the best people to take the orbs because they have revive.

Generally if we are all new, then we try various things and learn. If you learn, you're not a noob. Even when idiots call you names, you're still not a noob.

Klemen
02-22-2011, 09:44 PM
That completely defines a noob (that was when the lvl cap was 45):

Ok i was wit machinima in the towne. He is lvl 45 strenght archer and asked around if someone could sell him a black armor. He gets one, and then he asks: how do i get spikes on shoulders. Omg i was like wtf lvl 45 super noob?????
I laugh every time i remember that LOL :D

StompArtist
02-23-2011, 09:18 AM
To me a noob is someone with the skill set of a new player BUT that is convinced he/she is the best in the game. The true noob will join the best lvl56 party in the game and somehow manage to single handedly be responsible to the whole party dying by the hands of a Zombie in FH1.

DawnInfinity
02-23-2011, 09:27 AM
I barely ever use 'noob' in a derogatory way.. Sometimes me and my friends use 'noon' or 'nub' or 'nun' as joke nicknames, but not in a bad way.

StompArtist
02-23-2011, 09:32 AM
I barely ever use 'noob' in a derogatory way.. Sometimes me and my friends use 'noon' or 'nub' or 'nun' as joke nicknames, but not in a bad way.

I didn't use too but my brain has now adopted the word. I was in a meeting with co-workers the other day and found myself thinking "Good God he's a noob. He'll get us all fired if we are not careful". lol

Valiksuhr
08-11-2011, 11:45 AM
If you lead aggro mobs INTO THE RESPAWN AREA....you might be a noob (or a jerk..more than likely a noob)

Zerious
08-11-2011, 01:37 PM
If you lead aggro mobs INTO THE RESPAWN AREA....you might be a noob (or a jerk..more than likely a noob)

i applaud your necro-post

MightyMicah
08-11-2011, 11:29 PM
Probably a noob is someone who never learns, listens, or respects. Or they suck but they think they are awesome and start bragging about it XD