PDA

View Full Version : Wow... People these days...

GongKilluminati
02-22-2011, 11:11 PM
Sup y'all.

So, here is the story.
I join a game in Balefort Sewers, and I see a lvl 28. I questioned about it, this is what happened.

Tupacman is me
Imagicmerlin is lvl 28
Philurp is Lvl50ish host

Me: 28?
Me: Wtf
lvl28:Hey don't talk about me
lvl28: I migh be boot
Me: I hope u r booted.
lvl28: If I go down u go down with mr
lvl28: Me
Me: What?
Lvl50ish host: Tupac do you remember being lvl 28
lvl28: I dont
Me: Yes. And?
Lvl50ish host: You remember getting bored
Lvl50ish host: Booted
Me: No
lvl28: revive me
Me: Never got booted
Me: Cuz i never went to a place thats 20 lvls above the required amount
Lvl50ish host: Ya well if I do boy him he will never get anywere
lvl28: Boy him?!?
Me: He can lvl at the place he is supposed to lvl.
Philurp has booted you from their game with reason: Noob

I'm not trying to be a bitch and complain about everything, and I don't mind lvl up people lower than me, but lvl 28? Go find your friends, make a private game, and tell them to lvl u. Don't drag the team down and tell others to revive you.
Idk why Philurp was even defending him. I mean, I was a bit harsh, but WTF?

Quiting PL until I don't want to put Philurp inside a torture chamber.

EDIT: I have screenshots of the conversation, but my ear hurts like a bitch and it's giving me a headache, will upload it later if you guys want to see.

Militaryman
02-22-2011, 11:19 PM
Wow... That's sad... I had a similar experience...

Bandit boy hideout. A lvl 33 joins.
Everyone present is shouting, "pls leave dude!!!"
the lvl 33 says, "why?"
Me, "you're a lvl 33 in a place that's for lvl 50-56...
Lvl 33, "so? My dps is 105! That means I always hit 105!!!"
Me, "and what are your armor and crit stats?"
Lvl 33, "56 and 23"

Tsarra
02-22-2011, 11:21 PM
lvl28: revive me

This pretty much sums up a Level 28's playing experience in BS as far as I'm concerned. You were absolutely justified in flipping the host crap...I probably would have left the instance a lot sooner than you did, but I don't like to get in people's face's ever. I'm very non-confrontational that way. Tell that player to get 2 levels and a clue and head to AO1 solo like I did if they want quick experience. :P

This is the nature of pick-up groups, unfortunately. I usually make a habit of checking the levels over on the left before I commit to joining the party, and I don't ever bother discussing it with someone in game...because there are lots of other people who aren't looking for a free ride, and I'd rather meet some of those people anyway. :)

DawnInfinity
02-22-2011, 11:24 PM
Watch your language. And I hate those situations..

Junside
02-22-2011, 11:26 PM
You'll always come across people who don't make sense and there's nothing you can do about it. Just hope you don't run into them again. Karma will get em back.

Rebel
02-22-2011, 11:28 PM
I've had this same experience a few times. One time, I was booted after arguing. 5 seconds later I join back on my level 20. I told them that I needed help so they let me stay. We wiped on the 2nd trash mob.

Ayrilana
02-22-2011, 11:29 PM
Watch your language. And I hate those situations..

I still laugh thinking about the time you started a Hideout game and a couple of lv 20s and 30s joined.

Freedomcaller
02-22-2011, 11:43 PM
today i went to forest haven and gave out free pinks to noobs for fun. most were very nice and thankfull, some even gave me something back even tho it was white and lvl 5 and tottaly sucked. but it was the thought that counts.

some guys just kept asking for more and more.

but the worst was a guy who insisted the pink i gave him was purple, and threatened to report me and get me an IP ban if i didn't give him a pink.

times like that makes me wish you could PK in this game....

FluffNStuff
02-23-2011, 12:06 AM
Have seen a bunch of level 20-30's in BS lately. Mostly in passing as I leave the game. Saw a guy with 22 armor! 22! It is annoying because they count on people being nice an not booting them, but I feel bad for those people because all the decent players leave. I think the best solution would be to default the 'require minimum level' when creating an instance through the 'goto button' for quests. Those are usually where these low level leeches go because they know they can not get booted.

Kujen
02-23-2011, 12:16 AM
I like that idea a lot! I try not to join public games anymore, tho I liked them because they're a quick way to get a group. But i often see a real low lvl there and leave, or they join when somebody drops and nobody can boot. Would be nice if all those required minimum level by default.

Fyrce
02-23-2011, 12:18 AM
I really think these people are serious when they say if they are booted, how are they to level. They are that clueless. I try to suggest, but I don't think one has taken my suggestion of a more appropriate level campaign yet. Even when no one likes them, most leave, and of course, no one friends them. I guess they really want a game that will torture them, as you can see sometimes from their posts about always being booted or cursed or plain having to solo all the time. It's too bad they like dying, enjoy making enemies, don't want to play the game and don't like to meet people. Truly unfortunate that they chose an ONLINE MMO for their solo game. Truly a misalignment of desires and game selection.

Kujen
02-23-2011, 12:22 AM
Well my friend told me about a low level in his group who, when asked about why he was there..replied that he had to level there because sewers is the only dungeon he owns. Nice

Conradin
02-23-2011, 12:37 AM
Just hit the locky button thingy ;)

Lesrider
02-23-2011, 07:11 AM
I think on the quest description there should be a second button that says "Go To -- Host New Game."

davidis57
02-23-2011, 07:41 AM
Now there is a check box that requires them to be the required lvl. The host has to tick it to keep low lvls out.

Zipponator
02-23-2011, 07:45 AM
Yes i have had it with leeches. Let me tell you what i just went through
. I decided i would train a little more at bandit hideout and to my surprise ( not ) in each of the three games i joined there was a leech. However the extremely annoying thing is that when you ask them to leave they reply in wuite a rude manner! Seriousely sometimes i just wanna quit pl altogether due to leeches. ( notice they all sound like 8 year olds? )

kopi
02-23-2011, 08:11 AM
Well first of, dont use rough language. It causes more hatred.

I noticed theres alot of 20-30s joining public games lately. They always join at the crucial moment when we are hitting the boss. Guessed they choose the games with the progress bar almost to the end. This way when we were halfway thru the boss, we wouldnt want to leave. Its very bad, its free ride for them especially with the free random drops system.

In a hosted game, when a low join, i will wait if the host boot, if he doesnt, i leave. Simple. Same for open games, i always leave in the middle when anyone below 40 joins

kopi
02-23-2011, 08:14 AM
My experience, even Chinese made online game, theres a few with lv restrictions, i cant go to a map thats 10 or 20 lv above me.

Dalonewolf
02-23-2011, 08:23 AM
Hahaha i was in that party and i didnt understand what was happening

Kalielle
02-23-2011, 09:00 AM
I think the best solution would be to default the 'require minimum level' when creating an instance through the 'goto button' for quests. Those are usually where these low level leeches go because they know they can not get booted.

I second this. I stooped joining public instances because almost every time a level 28 or so joins. Wouldn't be surprised if there's some 'guide' out again that's telling them to only buy BS and leech.

The problem is that the majority of BS games are public ones - maybe because everyone is doing their dailies and joining from the quests tab. Also perhaps because many public games have names that start with B so they show up in the list first. So it can be hard to find hosted games, and in the public games there are low levels who leech.

DawnInfinity
02-23-2011, 09:02 AM
I still laugh thinking about the time you started a Hideout game and a couple of lv 20s and 30s joined.
b-b-b-b-b-booted

StompArtist
02-23-2011, 09:04 AM
Doesn't bother me much. I typically get the mob around them and leave. After being through this a few times they get clued in and leave by themselves when they see me around :D

drewcapu
02-23-2011, 11:09 AM
Well my friend told me about a low level in his group who, when asked about why he was there..replied that he had to level there because sewers is the only dungeon he owns. Nice

I don't see why they have it so that you can even buy BS without having any of the campaigns in between.
It should be a requirement to at least own a campaign with the previous tier of level ranges before being able to purchase a particular campaign. Otherwise, STS is tacitly promoting bad gameplay.

Kindread
02-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Doesn't bother me much. I typically get the mob around them and leave. After being through this a few times they get clued in and leave by themselves when they see me around :D

This is teh awesome. I will do this next time to lowbies that won't leave in my games.

Zerious
02-23-2011, 01:58 PM
If I'm ever in a game where I can't boot the leechers who 1. Aren't paying me to level them up (or) 2. A twink friend I know who wants the shortcut to their level, I just STOP. I'll say something on the grounds of "(playername) is giving my glowstick cancer, I can't keep going unless he/she leaves." Hasn't failed me yet XD

Phoenixking
02-23-2011, 04:42 PM
I dont like the idea of defualt restrictions...... What if i have somebody leveling my alts

Tengotengo
02-23-2011, 05:20 PM
we need to start coming up with strategies to leave the break-in mobs in place. I know that at least on Hideout and Stronghold, the first encounters are about the worst. I'm a sort-of underpowered 50-something, and I usually die a couple times until I can push the pile with some dps. If we could just run around or through, that would leave the 20s and 30s to either stick to a 50s like glue, or get eradicated.

romgar1
02-23-2011, 05:37 PM
Ive had mostly negative experiences with low level toons joining me, but just last week I found a use for them. This lvl 7 joined me in fh4 while i was farming meathead. He hadnt even used tapjoy for plat yet, so no CS access. I didnt boot cause I was bored and he talked some. A focus gem dropped for him and i asked to buy it. I payed him 15k and sold it for 35k 20 minutes later. He got a very large amount of gold and leveled to 9 while I made an extra 20k. If only a lvl 15 expert leather would have dropped for him...

adwin
02-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Had a similar situation today.
We formed a shadow cave instance, and a lvl 22 joined in. The funny part was that he was trying to impersonate STS personel. lol

Diodge
02-23-2011, 10:09 PM
I don't see why they have it so that you can even buy BS without having any of the campaigns in between.
It should be a requirement to at least own a campaign with the previous tier of level ranges before being able to purchase a particular campaign. Otherwise, STS is tacitly promoting bad gameplay.

I was in a group today and this little 21 joined cata. We were half way threw the boss when they joined. I asked him to leave (lvl21 Please Leave there is no xp left here). This guy asked for us to pay him 1k to leave. I wanted to say so much more then I did.
It turned into me asking questions why he is here. The guy told me he used TapJoy. The only place he could buy was sewers.

When I started I thought we couldn't skip buying zones.

I hate to ask the golden question. Can you skip like this?

Kujen
02-23-2011, 10:37 PM
When I started I thought we couldn't skip buying zones.

I hate to ask the golden question. Can you skip like this?

Yes, you can. There are guides on the Internet, I've seen them, and instead of helpful tips about how to play...they recommend only buying the last map because anything else is a waste of Plat. And it sucks for the rest of us, because we have to deal with these people expecting us to level them, creating players who don't know how to play, and also we had to spend our money to advance through the game the correct way..while they can just leech off us to achieve the same.

This is what happens if they can gain xp in any map. Why would they bother spending more than 10 plat? If they use tapjoy, it will take too long for them to get 50+ plat for all maps. So instead of buying the lower maps recommended for them, they just buy the last one because they can reach the level cap. Something seems wrong about this and it needs to be fixed. They shouldn't get xp in levels too high for them. They should progress through the maps. It makes sense.

KingFu
02-23-2011, 11:05 PM
Noobs want shiny loot too!

Seriously though, it is sad. I rarely host, and I have booted maybe close to 5 people under level 40...

wolfendragon
02-24-2011, 01:03 AM
In bs while hosting catacombs and soloing to get roach motel there since I had some 50+s trying to invite me there. had a 15 join who turned out was a bored 55 with xp disabled he was mage so I let jim stay since most of time no one usually bothers to join if 50 + 3rd way in bunch of people come thru and start clearing 15 dies wants to help asks for rez doesn't get it leaves. We finish I go on to next lvl others join up as were going thru a 25 pops in didn't notice til he started trashing us for not being quicker going thru mobs then as we're going thru mobs he gets really rude and I booted him then as were about to do boss a couple people join then leave and one that was doing full lv with me tells me they left because of my lv which I knew but im not about to leave a game I hosted especially when I can pull more aggro than alot of 55s that I've run with while were mobbing bosses with my dexbear in best full pink setup I can use for maximum dps and armor, skills set for max damage and for getting aggro and armor.

Zeus
02-24-2011, 01:07 AM
In bs while hosting catacombs and soloing to get roach motel there since I had some 50+s trying to invite me there. had a 15 join who turned out was a bored 55 with xp disabled he was mage so I let jim stay since most of time no one usually bothers to join if 50 + 3rd way in bunch of people come thru and start clearing 15 dies wants to help asks for rez doesn't get it leaves. We finish I go on to next lvl others join up as were going thru a 25 pops in didn't notice til he started trashing us for not being quicker going thru mobs then as we're going thru mobs he gets really rude and I booted him then as were about to do boss a couple people join then leave and one that was doing full lv with me tells me they left because of my lv which I knew but im not about to leave a game I hosted especially when I can pull more aggro than alot of 55s that I've run with while were mobbing bosses with my dexbear in best full pink setup I can use for maximum dps and armor, skills set for max damage and for getting aggro and armor

Wow! That was a lot to read! Grammar please! It would also be best to keep the posts in small nice readable chunks :). Space out the info if you have too. It helps A LOT! Back to the point, I get where you are coming from though, although I rarely get booted. I think the last time I did was by stellaflora in PvP about a month and a half ago, since it was a private game.

Inching
02-24-2011, 01:27 AM
when i am host, and its a map i know i can either clear with my existing 2 or 3 high levels or its a map i can solo i usually let the low levels stay i have to admit.

However, when they join, i type the message " eveyone plays, no one gets booted. Everyone fights and pulls their weight". usally 9/10 times the low levels are just so dame happy i let them stay, they really try hard and even though they stand back a bit, they are fighting, healing, and casting rez. You have to hold their hand sometimes and guild / tell them what to do like i would say... i go in first and take first hit, rest follow and noobs spam heal / rez"... its usually ok for me, im not really fussed....

If the low lvl does not pull weight then i give a warning... if still then boot. Honestly, after warning, i have never booted a low lvl on a map i know i can clear.

I do agree with you that on a map that I need all 5 to be lvl 50+, given its not a exp run but a boss run, then i do agree to boot because we will never clear the map and move on.... whats the point if we know we can't kill boss anyway right? Like if i started a shadow cave game and i have 2-3 lvl 50s and rest in 20s... we would never kill witch... just time waster.

Fyrce
02-24-2011, 01:34 AM
Those guides that recommend only buying the last map are only hurting those new players that follow them. The new players end up thinking everyone in PL is rude because they get booted and/or cursed and/or questioned a lot, do not make any friends, and do not get any useful drops. Sounds like a very desolate way to play to me.

It's as if the guides want them to become soldiers by skipping basic training. What army will take that kind of soldier? The suicidal kind, right?

This is a social game and it's too bad there are guides that do not seem to know this.

wolfendragon
02-24-2011, 01:35 AM
Sorry bout that usually do better with my posts and make easier to read.

Was at work during a quick break so that's why its like that.

I didn't get booted but we still took out boss really fast.
Same way to beat goldfever and we beat roach faster than him.

adwin
02-24-2011, 03:16 AM
@Fyrce: I noticed that. Once in a while, when I see someone with a nice setup, I check out their stats.
I stopped counting how many times I saw ppl with barely DF, FH and a few others done.
Most just go for AO and that's it.
Well, they are right if they don't want to shell out $ for the game, but you are also most definitely right about the so-called guides.
We'll just have to live with it.