PDA

View Full Version : Campaign requirements before purchasing

drewcapu
02-23-2011, 11:16 AM
Related to:

Well my friend told me about a low level in his group who, when asked about why he was there..replied that he had to level there because sewers is the only dungeon he owns. Nice

I don't see why they have it so that you can even buy BS without having any of the campaigns in between.
It should be a requirement to at least own a campaign with the previous tier of level ranges before being able to purchase a particular campaign. Otherwise, STS is tacitly promoting bad gameplay.

Lesrider
02-23-2011, 11:22 AM
Agreed, I've recommended that as well. After all, STS is losing out on money by allowing people to only purchase the most recent maps. Instead of requirements to buy it, just don't let people get experience if they're in a map that's more than 5 lvls above their lvl. Then they can still enjoy whatever map they want, but not get xp. And then the maps could have a *recommended* lvl instead of required.
Since high lvl players can't get xp in lower lvl maps, this wouldn't be out of character for the game. It would actually fit pretty well.

Fyrce
02-23-2011, 12:58 PM
Would love to see the no xp if the map is too high implemented as well. It seems a simple solution to an extremely annoying problem. It would get rid of the people who end up with no skills, no friends, no areas, and think the game is full of mean people because they never play where they are supposed to be playing.

It's like expecting to be a top Formula One racer because someone lets you in a car...

It's easy to level in appropriate level maps. No idea why some people don't seem to know that.

StompArtist
02-23-2011, 01:00 PM
I think the no XP for levels too high for you is the way to go.

Duke
02-23-2011, 01:13 PM
I kind of like the idea of a "prerequisite" purchase to purchase a campaign, to avoid the "all I've got is Balefort Sewers" (previously: AO3) problem. And it'd be simple: no skipping more than 1 campaign at a time.

That is, you could skip buying Balefort Castle and jump straight to Fathom Crypts if you want. Or if you buy Balefort Castle, you can skip FC and go straight to Lost Expedition -- but not the Ancient Swamps.

This guarantees that the player has the option of bypassing some of the content without finding themselves in the position of being grossly out of level range for a campaign simply because they don't own a proper way to level. (Yes, they might be a little on the low side for a campaign if they skip the previous one, but not by much.)

superglut2
02-23-2011, 02:44 PM
No more xp would mean less kicking ppl. Love it :D