PDA

View Full Version : Limits for Public Game Creations

FluffNStuff
02-23-2011, 11:42 AM
So I just ran two tests in BS (thanks Yanis) and if you use the 'Goto' button on a quest or you enter a portal, you do not have host control (no booting). Now I am normally against any kind of extra control given to a host or an increase in booting, but the issue of lower level players in BS games is reaching its boiling point and is going to / already is causing a lot of issues, and I think the key to quelching it is to put default level restrictions on 'public' games.
I know that the response will be to host a private map if you do not want low levels joining, and I do that, and try to join friends in other locked maps, but I am actually a fan of the PUG's (Pick up Game). I think it makes the game a lot of fun to join random people with a singular goal. And I know I run the risk of 'noobs', but as a tank I can help these people. But the people I can not help are the ones entering a BS game with 22 armor. I have a level 35 bear, decked out in the best items for his level, and I would like to think I play him quite well. But I still would not bring him into a BS game, because he would get wiped immediately, so this is not about 'elite' or ability, but simply the gear can not keep you alive.
So, before I get to far off topic, my point is that entering a portal or using the 'goto' button should automatically set the default level restrictions because these are the games the leechers know they can't get booted from.

superglut2
02-23-2011, 02:47 PM
Agreed. Thats why i never use goto

Physiologic
02-23-2011, 02:51 PM
This could work, or they can make XP zip for anyone below level 47-49 in BS. It wouldn't deter all low levels but no XP would be a huge deterrant itself.

Moogerfooger
02-23-2011, 03:22 PM
It wouldn't deter all low levels but no XP would be a huge deterrant itself.

However, it didn't deter the lvl 12 from joing a party RedRyder and I were in and begging the host to let him stay because "he wanted a good weapon".