PDA

View Full Version : [SUGGESTION] - Issues with "autozoom"

adwin
02-23-2011, 04:05 PM
While this is a nice "feature", it's not working well.
I'm writing about the "autozoom" for 2 seconds on special enemies during a fight (mostly bosses or aliens)
During that time, the player can't do anything, since controls disappear from the screen, BUT the game goes on and you're getting hit.

There are 2 solutions to that: during that time, make the controls smaller, but make them available on the screen, instead of hiding them

OR

stop game action, just zoom in on enemy, then resume action on zoom out.

Lesrider
02-23-2011, 04:31 PM
You can shut those off under options, but I forgot which one -- I think effects?

Moogerfooger
02-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Yes, disable effects. Used to drive me crazy, until i read about how to shut it off :p

Royce
02-23-2011, 05:11 PM
The controls still operate while the cutscene is going on, they just aren't visible, but the joystick, skill buttons and attack can still be used. Anyway, you are not the first (probably not the tenth) to complain about them. Personally I think it's a lot of fun to see the close up zoom of myself running into a room and blasting everything in sight ;)

Moogerfooger
02-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Yeah was fun on Gurgox to see myself running up to him wailing away...the first 500 times, haha.

drewcapu
02-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Actually, I'm thinking of turning it back on. I haven't seen the cut-scenes for BS yet.
I was actually pretty good at controling my character while the cut-scenes were happening. They just got kinda boring to watch after the nth time.

Thade
02-23-2011, 05:55 PM
I went ahead and improved the option description. It'll go out in an a future update.