View Full Version : Vanity Idea- Wings

Lizardfeather
02-23-2011, 07:43 PM
What if there was a new slot for the back of the character that could hold wings and such? It would just be a vanity item, no real stats, just for looks. I think it would be a big hit with everyone. Maybe even the addition of a "flap/fly" emote/button that comes with the wings. It could maybe allow you to glide around towne or at least jump :) I could understand not allowing it in dungeons but it might work if enemies can still hit you if you're in the air... Anyways, with that slot (would probably require a seperate slot like rings) you could even add other stuff like jet packs and the like.

Wing Style ideas:

Mythical:

-Dragon
-Phoenix
-Angel
-Dark Angel

Animated:

-Sparkling (varied colors)
-Phosphorescent(glowing)
-Elemental (fire, ice, lightning)
-Dark/"Goth"(probably like the darkbolt staff animation)
-Light: would like they were made of light

Static Wings:

-Generic colors
-Rainbow
-Metallic (Gold/silver/bronze)

Character Specific:

-Birds: extension of what they are already, eagle wings I guess
-Bears: furry brown wings
-Elves: ??? Maybe moon-shaped wings

Other Ideas that could share the equip slot:

-Jetpack
-Cape
-Quiver/axe+wand holder

Opinions/ Suggestions are welcome!

Major
02-23-2011, 07:46 PM
Good suggestion, devs wanna make money on customization of your char so they might do it lol

Lizardfeather
02-23-2011, 07:47 PM
Good suggestion, devs wanna make money on customization of your char so they might do it lol

Lol yes it provides entertainment for us, and money for them :P

Inching
02-23-2011, 07:48 PM
i think this is the best idea and most constructive all week.

Conradin
02-23-2011, 07:57 PM
This would also be tw perfect slot for capes- I can imagine my twink bearpire with evil goth wings

Yareli
02-23-2011, 08:02 PM
awesome idea i would want to get dark angel wings :p or omg a cape would be great like the keepers :) i always wanted his cape :p

Artemis
02-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Goth wings! You will be a Angel of Darkness:P Goth wings match my forum name.

Phana
02-23-2011, 08:14 PM
Wings would definitely be awesome, anything to customize your character to make it more "you". And maybe some different faces for the mages. I'm not diggin any of them. ((love the girly bear face))

Nightarcher
02-23-2011, 08:16 PM
The Devs just charged us the price of several campaigns through rings. I think they can make wings quest items or something that doesn't cost plat ;)

Phoenixking
02-23-2011, 08:25 PM
I think we all know what wings i want, more wings suggestion, how about metalic wings, angel wings, light made wings, rainbow sparkle wings that are invisible just shows the awsome sparkles that shape the wing, and not just capes and jetpacks but also bring the dr octo hands too, put some furry bear wings too

Kossi
02-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Omg i love this

Bears- Capes
Birds- Wings
Elfs- Idk lol

Phoenixking
02-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Elfs have jetpacks!

Lizardfeather
02-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Yes! I'm adding more wing ideas right now :)

EDIT: Added more! I used some of your ideas :P And organized it.

jjjjaaaakkkke
02-23-2011, 09:45 PM
I thought of this idea a long time ago.. But, I just couldn't imaigne wings on the short creatures of PL. IMO I think wings would look really bad on PL chars. But, I'd be all for wings if it'd allow you to hover.

Phana
02-23-2011, 09:49 PM
Omg i love this

Bears- Capes
Birds- Wings
Elfs- Idk lol

Instead of bears having capes they could have mega hulk hands or brass fists and mages could have the dark magic witchery robes/capes. :D

Lizardfeather
02-23-2011, 09:59 PM
I thought of this idea a long time ago.. But, I just couldn't imaigne wings on the short creatures of PL. IMO I think wings would look really bad on PL chars. But, I'd be all for wings if it'd allow you to hover.

I agree, it would have to be done WELL and proportionally, etc. to look good. If it was as small as them it would probably look fine. :) I'm hoping if they do this that it allows a new hover/jump button. If that was the case, they pribably couldn't cost plat... Anyways I'm still wondering whether it should be plat or like boss drop pinks.

Instead of bears having capes they could have mega hulk hands or brass fists and mages could have the dark magic witchery robes/capes.

That would be cool too, although the hands wouldn't fit on a wing slot, lol! And I would hope everything would be available for every character, like the armor and stuff ;)

prussia
02-23-2011, 10:05 PM
I was just thinking about this! guess great minds think alike. Anyways, they should probably add like 1 armor, like the vanity hats.

Baked-Potato
02-23-2011, 10:09 PM
Omg i love this

Bears- Capes
Birds- Wings
Elfs- Idk lol

I like this idea. My Bear is in need of a smexy cape :)

EpuYue
02-23-2011, 10:17 PM
This is a nice idea.. I'd like to have wings on my bird.. maybe elves can have.. um.. pointed ears?

jjjjaaaakkkke
02-23-2011, 10:20 PM
Capes would be fail on bears IMO.. Bears are just way to short for capes. Oh.. and Lizard, wings on bears as the same size as them would be fail.

Lesrider
02-23-2011, 10:23 PM
I'm trying really hard, but can't picture this without laughing.
Something about the PL chars doesn't lend itself to this idea. Maybe someone needs to draw it to prove it works bc I'm just not seeing it ;)

Capes I can imagine. But that would mean equipment that moves and isn't just painted onto their bodies like they currently are...

jjjjaaaakkkke
02-23-2011, 10:26 PM
I can see capes on elfs. I think they'd look dumb on birds, and bad on bears.

Phoenixking
02-23-2011, 10:28 PM
But it wouldnt make sense since the bird has "wings" as arms and have another wings

jjjjaaaakkkke
02-23-2011, 10:31 PM
Who cares :P the whole point is to look cool.

Lesrider
02-23-2011, 10:32 PM
Lol bears can have butterfly wings. Just because.

Phoenixking
02-23-2011, 10:33 PM
Yea me and my flaming phoenix wings whooooooosh now i am da phoenix

Lizardfeather
02-24-2011, 04:32 PM
But it wouldnt make sense since the bird has "wings" as arms and have another wings

I think of them more as claws :P If you look at the the wings have fingers on them ^_^

I'm trying really hard, but can't picture this without laughing.
Something about the PL chars doesn't lend itself to this idea. Maybe someone needs to draw it to prove it works bc I'm just not seeing it

Capes I can imagine. But that would mean equipment that moves and isn't just painted onto their bodies like they currently are...

I think this entirely depends on what the devs do with it. It could be horrible, or epic :P And yah, it is kind of laughable ^_^

wolfendragon
02-24-2011, 07:55 PM
I like this idea for vanity good for character customization

giayuan
02-24-2011, 08:01 PM
this is a great idea! though devs might just make it another section like rings -__- no drops and a completely useless section that takes up space in the consignment shoppe lmao

Phoenixking
02-24-2011, 08:03 PM
I think of them more as claws :P If you look at the the wings have fingers on them ^_^

I think this entirely depends on what the devs do with it. It could be horrible, or epic :P And yah, it is kind of laughable ^_^
There thick feathers

Lizardfeather
02-24-2011, 08:56 PM
this is a great idea! though devs might just make it another section like rings -__- no drops and a completely useless section that takes up space in the consignment shoppe lmao

Do you think it should be plat. or boss drops? No sarcassm I'm honestly wondering :) What if we compromised and the cool animated ones are plat only and the rest are rare loot? Opinions?

giayuan
02-24-2011, 09:20 PM
Do you think it should be plat. or boss drops? No sarcassm I'm honestly wondering :) What if we compromised and the cool animated ones are plat only and the rest are rare loot? Opinions?

well see, at first, everyone thought it was plat AND boss drop rings. Turns out only plat; idk why devs even bothered to put that section in CS. Yup I agree with you, the cool looking ones should be plat and have like 1 armor or something, and the ones with good stats are dropped

Deathdemize
02-25-2011, 09:12 AM
What if there was a new slot for the back of the character that could hold wings and such? It would just be a vanity item, no real stats, just for looks. I think it would be a big hit with everyone. Maybe even the addition of a "flap/fly" emote/button that comes with the wings. With that slot you could even add other stuff like jet packs and the like.

Wing Style ideas:

Mythical:

-Dragon
-Phoenix
-Angel
-Dark Angel

Animated:

-Sparkling (varied colors)
-Phosphorescent(glowing)
-Elemental (fire, ice, lightning)
-Dark/"Goth"(probably like the darkbolt staff animation)
-Light: would like they were made of light

Static Wings:

-Generic colors
-Rainbow
-Metallic (Gold/silver/bronze)

Character Specific:

-Birds: extension of what they are already, eagle wings I guess
-Bears: furry brown wings
-Elves: ??? Maybe moon-shaped wings

Other Ideas that could share the equip slot:

-Jetpack
-Cape
-Quiver/axe+wand holder

Opinions/ Suggestions are welcome!

LOVE THE IDEA i think devs need to do this for real.But if i may add somthing to it add a new place for gear (Like how we have rings , helmets , and clothing) Add a ''Back'' and for the back put the wings and stuff and also you can put like capes and what not!

Lizardfeather
02-25-2011, 08:31 PM
What if there was a new slot for the back of the character that could hold wings and such? It would just be a vanity item, no real stats, just for looks. I think it would be a big hit with everyone. Maybe even the addition of a "flap/fly" emote/button that comes with the wings. With that slot you could even add other stuff like jet packs...

Lol I should make that clearer, I think you missed it :P

superglut2
02-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Jetpack , halo style id pay 100 plat for one