PDA

View Full Version : I Plan to Dominate this Game ^_^

Junside
02-24-2011, 02:16 AM
It looks like I'll have to boost my phone's processor a little higher(1.5GHz, my phone will most likely combust)

Unlike PL where everyone started off way before I did, I think I'll concentrate strongly on Blackstar. Know what I mean? When you wanna shine but there's always someone else at the top because they've played longer?(not always the case but rich vs. poor is one common situation)

I have high hopes for this game, it looks fast paced which is what I'm good at. Looks like there's more freedom for more variety. Watch out! ^_^

Sanatorium
02-24-2011, 02:18 AM
I beat you 1.9GHz right here :).
But yeah, I'll mainly be focusing on Blackstar as well.

KaotiicxDream
02-24-2011, 08:23 AM
Which devices are u guys using ? 1.5GHz and 1.9GHz seems pretty high to me ;-)

Major
02-24-2011, 10:02 AM
It looks like I'll have to boost my phone's processor a little higher(1.5GHz, my phone will most likely combust)

Unlike PL where everyone started off way before I did, I think I'll concentrate strongly on Blackstar. Know what I mean? When you wanna shine but there's always someone else at the top because they've played longer?(not always the case but rich vs. poor is one common situation)

I have high hopes for this game, it looks fast paced which is what I'm good at. Looks like there's more freedom for more variety. Watch out! ^_^

I would say that almost everyone playing PL will pretty much switch to black star once it comes out...of course we will always play PL but new is always better!

Junside
02-24-2011, 11:07 AM

I have a Motorola Droid 2

romgar1
02-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Junside you have overclocked the crap out of yours. 1.2 gigs is the base speed. Lol you better set your phone on a cooling station as u play. Hmm wonder if they make those for phones yet. *checks patent listing*

Junside
02-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Junside you have overclocked the crap out of yours. 1.2 gigs is the base speed. Lol you better set your phone on a cooling station as u play. Hmm wonder if they make those for phones yet. *checks patent listing*

Don't think they do. If I put my phone on medium voltage for 1.5GHz, it will crash. Maybe 1.3GHz will be safe for medium voltage. Voltage is how much electricity you're willing to let your phone use to power the processor running speed. If the voltage is too low for the frequency you're running your processor, it freezes my phone, and restarts(A crash). I have mine set to 1.5GHz high voltage for gaming only as a preset, and 1GHz for standard phone use.

I don't really recommend doing high voltage though. My phone gets really, really hot and based on what I read, my phone's motherboard could possibly crack from all the stress. As it heats and cools again and again, it'll sometimes form brittle areas. I may be interested in the Droid Bionic which has a dual processor.

Honestly, PL doesn't need as much power as I give it. I'll have to adjust to what Blackstar will do to my phone first before I change my overclock frequencies.

KaotiicxDream
02-24-2011, 01:52 PM
Seems high to me cuz im using a HTC Desire with only 1GHz ...

Junside
02-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Seems high to me cuz im using a HTC Desire with only 1GHz ...

The Desire Came out early last year. Droid 2 came out around September last year, it's stock speed is 1GHz.

Sanatorium
02-24-2011, 06:49 PM
I have several devices, I overclocked my G2 to 1.9.

Baked-Potato
02-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Junside, what app do you use for OC'ing your Droid 2?

Junside
02-24-2011, 10:33 PM
When I had my Droid 1, I used overclock kernels from I think it was JRummy's. Not sure. It's in the list of premium ROMS in Rom Manager app. Right now I'm using Droid X/2 Overclocker app and Liberty Toolbox. There's plenty in the market. Of course, you need root.

Junside
02-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Junside, what app do you use for OC'ing your Droid 2?

This is my main home screen. It has all my tools for diagnostics, management, killing background processes... and text messaging. :D
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/fantomz06/ScreenShot-133.png

Thedexeagle
03-12-2011, 01:49 AM
I'm just gonna play Blackstar...

Arterra
03-19-2011, 11:07 PM
i get the feeling 4gen apple products will be safe... maybe lol

Thedexeagle
03-26-2011, 05:18 PM
I'll be playing Blackstar more than PL. Probably I won't even play PL when Blackstar is released...

Yoshura
04-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Yeah PL gets boring now all there is to do is farm sewers all day for no pinks. I find myself half the time just standing in balefort talking or looking through cs.

ratava
04-08-2011, 02:07 AM
Good news is B* is going to be more story-driven than PL (already road-mapped out) and levels/missions/dungeons won't be so grindy either and include more tactics also. It'd be cool if the story really branched so you end up taking different routes, but we'll see. All the things that put me off PL PvE being rectified plus shooting the aliens should be a lot of fun also.

If a PC client comes out for both games it might give more time to both games?? Not sure tbh.

iOSJake
04-19-2011, 11:02 PM
I will abandon PL for B*. Sci Fi rules. EVE Online at home and B* at work! :-)

F1zzzzp0p
04-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Would an iPod 4 generation work for blackstar?

ratava
04-21-2011, 11:04 AM
Would an iPod 4 generation work for blackstar?

Did some digging for the specs:

CPU: processor: 1 GHz (underclocked to 800 MHz)
GPU: PowerVR SGX535 GPU
(d)ram: 256Mb

Those specs look alright. No confirmation yet tho'.

choco
04-21-2011, 07:29 PM
lol....wow....phones still slow i guess...

my droid1 runs 1.0Ghz.....could go to 1.2 but dont need to. custom roms ftw!

aldoric
04-22-2011, 03:38 AM
i just have an ipod touch this game sounds real good i can not wait

CeasiBear
04-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Np im ready for blackstar as well on my ipad;) so all i wanna say is watch out im goin to bring it!

Chosen of Diara
05-17-2011, 11:36 PM
I struggle at times to understand your human language, tell me? 'Dominate' must mean perish like a weak insect before the might and dominance of the Legions of Diara surely you cant be under the false belief that your pitifull squads are any match for our astoundiling power and inmeasurable strength L0L0L0L