PDA

View Full Version : What r the best skills for a bird?

Jdefting
02-24-2011, 09:31 AM
I am going respec my skills.
So what skills should I put my skill points in?
If u have an answer please comment it.

Thx

Riccits
02-24-2011, 09:34 AM
this will help ya:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16244-Comprehensive-Archer-Skills-and-Equipment-Guide

in chapter four u will find the best setting IMO

Physiologic
02-24-2011, 10:42 AM
Basically just max everything except Restore, Meditation, and Avian Scream. I listed a skill allotment table in the link that Riccits put up :p

adwin
02-24-2011, 01:01 PM
@Physiologic: I've read your post about the skills for archer & I personally think that Avian Scream is a very nice skill to have.

1: it has only 0.5s more cooldown than repulse, but you get stun as well, which is more than a fair trade. Both have knock back of course.
2: furthermore, Avian Scream "unfreezes" you in various situations, for example, when you're hit with golf fever.
Needless to say that as the highest DPS in the party (unless there's a higher level bird), you're 100% sure to get it if you play your role as a bird correctly.

But I guess it comes down to the personal philosophy and style of play.

Physiologic
02-24-2011, 01:17 PM
I've had level 4 Avian Scream pre-1.7 and personally haven't seen the utility of the knockback and wondered if it even knocks enemies back to any degree. Repulse shot really knocks the opponent back and has a huge range as well - You can easily knock back Goldfever much farther with Repulse Shot at a safer distance. The unfreezing proc only seems to work at a certain level too, as lv 1 AS doesn't unfreeze at all. Another gripe I have w/ Avian Scream is the really bad range...you literally have to be next to any enemy to do any sort of damage.

If AS had Shattering Scream's range of attack, I'd definitely put points into it though :)

adwin
02-25-2011, 01:35 AM
@Physiologic: AS still comes in handy for me once in a while, but even on GF, even if I get infected & explode, I rarely get killed (depending on the gear I'm wearing).
atm, I have a drain cap + drain leather + gutter recurve (the latter replaced by drain talon + wing of void if I play armor - don't have gold to by full set yet, hence the void piece).

Riccits
02-25-2011, 01:39 AM
who wants to have avian, i woudnt put more points than 1. and remove this point from thorn wall.