PDA

View Full Version : Clean up Forest Haven

DanielRH
02-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Hi all :)

Since balefort has become the new place to hang out, our great "ye old towne" has turned to trash.

New players come to forest haven and talk trash!

I am starting a new campaign to clean up Forest Haven.

Heres how you can help;
Hang out in forest haven and report any inappropriate language, and say something along the lines of "Inappropriate language will not be tolerated, I am reporting you and will report anyone else who talks like that."

After enough of this, maybe these people will get it that they CAN'T talk like that!

FluffNStuff
02-24-2011, 11:17 AM
Was in there last night, and I usually only report for racism, hate speech / names or Dev impersonations, but there was some guy cursing up a storm in there for no reason. Guess he just thought it was funny, so I had to report him. It was awful, and that is the 'Gateway' to the game, so that is where new players get their first impression.

superglut2
02-24-2011, 11:51 AM
Seriously id rather have trash talk in foreat haven then other towns. Im fine with it.. U can never get rid of trash talk.. It actually hurts us high lvl players if devs have to waste their time reading chatlogs and ban free accounts.. Just let it be man :-D

mugen
02-24-2011, 11:52 AM
yup its been pretty awful in there lately.you almost need blindfold to run to ellie for pots.

Cmandial
02-24-2011, 12:35 PM
You forgot to mention the 30 friend requests and 50 pms from people begging for stuff before you even load.

Zerious
02-24-2011, 12:44 PM
You forgot to mention the 30 friend requests and 50 pms from people begging for stuff before you even load.

my ignore list consists mainly of free accounts lol

superss
02-24-2011, 12:44 PM
a agree trash talk should not be tolerated! and i am also tired of the tons of beggars and noobs sending request i get like 10 every time i drop in there! time to act!!

Cmandial
02-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Yea this is the first place new players see, and forest haven definitely does not indicate how most PL players are. These people are giving a bad impression and something needs to be done.

superss
02-24-2011, 01:18 PM
exactly my thinking! it should be a good first impression.

IamBored
02-24-2011, 01:19 PM
I am honestly not bother by those random friend request, beggars, and trash talker. I never accept random friend request so it doesn't really bother me. I never answer to beggars so I could careless. As for the trash talker, I usually just have fun with them. Maybe I am not in towns enough to be bothered.

Wrap
02-24-2011, 01:24 PM
Last few days there has been a person(s) that have been extremely bad...I think it may be the same person, sent some screen shots in...and recommended an IP check, it may just be one or two people that have made multiple accounts and been going around flaming and using inappropriate language

DanielRH
02-24-2011, 02:20 PM
As FluffNStuff said, Forest Haven IS the gateway to the game, it's where new players get their first opinions of the game.

And if people are talking trash, it will give a bad view of the game, and if I ever joined a new game and the first thing I saw was people swearing and so on... I wouldent even try the game out.

Every game has beggars and annoyers, but I can't stand innapropriate talk.

MoarPewPew
02-24-2011, 07:32 PM
Stronger chat filter please.. and we need server disconnects/temp bans when a player uses inappropriate language.
I agree the newer community are not respecting the rules. (also some of the older members)

Kujen
02-24-2011, 07:40 PM
They should bring back the filter with automatic warnings, like they had at one point. But they should add exceptions for phrases that produce false positives (crush the keeper, voodoo spoon etc)

giayuan
02-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Erhh not necessarily. I personally think the chat filter is too strong already ;D What the devs need to do is put server disconnects or something on words like the F bomb or things that are too sexual. Things like hell should NOT filtered, though I understand "hell" is used commonly in phrases like "what the hell", etc. so I guess a filter is required.

wolfendragon
02-25-2011, 12:31 AM
Balefort is getting invaded by the same thing not as much but starting to

giayuan
02-25-2011, 01:15 AM
Balefort is getting invaded by the same thing not as much but starting to

Yes, but as long as CS stays there and there are civil people like us forumers, chaos will not occur haha

Militaryman
02-25-2011, 01:37 AM
Yes, but as long as CS stays there and there are civil people like us forumers, chaos will not occur haha

Yeah right...

Maybe having game moderators would help. They just play like normal, but when someone files a report, they get a notification, so the devs wouldn't have to work so hard on banning and the sort

DanielRH
02-25-2011, 02:07 AM
Military man - it would mak it alot easier if their where in game mods, but I asked the devs about that a while back... I don't think their gonna do it.

Doubletime
02-25-2011, 08:26 AM
I will add that I think the more experienced long time players should report inappropriate language on any of these gateway areas. I'm not saying to report every person that says h*ll or darn. But if a person is repeatedly using offensive language or hate speach to spam boards, it should be reported. The only way things will get better is if the players self-police the board. The mods simply can't do it all. All it takes is the click of one button and a confirmation.

Also, don't feed the little trolls or argue with them. That just gives them the attention they are looking for anyway and encourages them to continue. Just report them and move on with your game. Just my personal thoughts on what we should be doing to do our part too.

DawnInfinity
02-25-2011, 09:21 AM
I'll start hanging out in Forest Haven, again.

DanielRH
02-25-2011, 09:49 AM
Great idea!

I think that if the high lvl players start hanging out in forest haven again, it will maybe clean itself up...

Kujen
02-25-2011, 10:06 AM
High levels trying to police the place won't work. When people are on a cursing rampage or engaged in using lewd language, there is nothing you can say to make them stop immediately. If you say "hey stop that" they'll just turn it onto you. You can only report and ignore them. If theyre on free accounts and just there to troll the place, they don't care about whether they get banned or not.

An automatic warning/mute/boot idea would be the most effective, short of in game moderators with those abilities (and if they have them they should be STS staff not players)

Even though the automatic system had a lot of false positives, people only got muted when they triggered it repeatedly. Add exceptions for common false positive phrases. Also words could be weighted, so using the n word or the f word would cause them to get muted/booted faster than other words.

StompArtist
02-25-2011, 10:14 AM
I tell them I have reported them as well. If they turn on me they get ignored.

Doubletime
02-25-2011, 10:15 AM
High levels trying to police the place won't work. When people are on a cursing rampage or engaged in using lewd language, there is nothing you can say to make them stop immediately. If you say "hey stop that" they'll just turn it onto you. You can only report and ignore them. If theyre on free accounts and just there to troll the place, they don't care about whether they get banned or not.

An automatic warning/mute/boot idea would be the most effective, short of in game moderators with those abilities (and if they have them they should be STS staff not players)

Even though the automatic system had a lot of false positives, people only got muted when they triggered it repeatedly. Add exceptions for common false positive phrases. Also words could be weighted, so using the n word or the f word would cause them to get muted/booted faster than other words.

I agree that players trying to self-police by telling the offenders to stop isn't going to work 95% of the time. It actually would probably just makes it worse most times because these offenders are just looking for attention trolling.

What I was referring to earlier is that players shouldn't hesitate to report the truely bad offenders through the report button. Then get back to your game and leave it to the devs to determine what the appropriate sanction, if any, should be. I think sometimes poeple hesitate because they don't want to be a "tattle-tail" or the particular lauguage or spamming doesn't offend them in particular. However, we all have to keep in mind that people of all ages play this game and we all have some responsibility to try and keep the language in the gateway areas as family friendly as possible. Again -- just my personal view on the matter. Not trying to preach to anyone.