PDA

View Full Version : Warrior gear setups

chjusu
02-24-2011, 02:50 PM
Currently, I use three primary setups - would be curious to know what others thought. Happy to take recommendations. I'm currently a 52 bear.

1) Dungeon gear: I find that the hate set, with the set bonus and execute proc, is the best all-around set in the game for warriors. I have 90 dex, which gets me to 100% hit chance and 153 armor. The hit point and mana regen are also pretty good. I use this mostly for clearing out dungeons prior to the boss.

2) Boss gear: I tank myself up a little bit with gemstone gear (I'm cheap, so I bought plungers where I could find it rather than fury fighter) and use a luminous harpoon of destiny for the break armor proc. Hit point regen moves up to 25 and armor to 157, but hit chance goes down.

3) Tank gear: I've got a plungers gemstone sword that adds armor to my boss gear, but removes some of the offense-based advantages (primarily break armor proc). Hit point regen bumps up to 30 and armor to 168. If I add fury fighter (or level 53 plungers) I imagine armor would go north of 170.

What do other people use for their primary setups?

Coltona
02-24-2011, 07:14 PM
Mines full rift with a lvl 52 bear (almost lvl 53). I'm going to get 182 str and rest dex and tryout hate and rift to see which i'm better with. So far i didn't know about hate set proc lol.

Ciphor
03-05-2011, 12:10 PM
I use rift for pvp, hate for mob pulls ( higher critical is why) and I was using fury for bosses but since nerf turned it pally I'm back to using hate with tank ring. I have 153 dex.

KaotiicxDream
03-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Well i guess ur an Attack Bear? Im a Tank i go for Full Fury Fighter due to the high armor and dodge... But right now i use Hate gear until i reach lvl 55...

Ellyidol
03-05-2011, 07:15 PM
It depends on what you like doing with your bear.

If you like PvP-ing, I suggest squeezing those 3 sets into one set and making room for more sets.

When I was a str bear, I used these 4 loadouts :

1. PvP Mix (Enough MS, and balancing of stats)
2. Tank (Fury Set)
3. DPS (Bellow Set)
4. DPS Hammer (Bellow + Gurgox Hammer)

But now, I'm a dual spec bear with dex, so I use:

1. Dex Boosting Gear
2. Dex Gear
3. Str Boosting Gear
4. Str Gear

Sky../
03-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Elly, did you go dualspec because 1. You like to use range gear with your bear or 2. Dex helps you "melee" sidr

It depends on what you like doing with your bear.

If you like PvP-ing, I suggest squeezing those 3 sets into one set and making room for more sets.

When I was a str bear, I used these 4 loadouts :

1. PvP Mix (Enough MS, and balancing of stats)
2. Tank (Fury Set)
3. DPS (Bellow Set)
4. DPS Hammer (Bellow + Gurgox Hammer)

But now, I'm a dual spec bear with dex, so I use:

1. Dex Boosting Gear
2. Dex Gear
3. Str Boosting Gear
4. Str Gear

Ellyidol
03-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Elly, did you go dualspec because 1. You like to use range gear with your bear or 2. Dex helps you "melee" sidr

Both :)

Even without going dual spec, I would have had just a bit lower of dex.

I also like using my dex gear, it allows me to be more flexible if I don't need to tank.

Ciphor
03-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Well i guess ur an Attack Bear? Im a Tank i go for Full Fury Fighter due to the high armor and dodge... But right now i use Hate gear until i reach lvl 55...

I'm a tank. I keep solid Agro with decent dps. Fury is a bit much for mobs so I use hate. I use fury situationally till they fix it. Lately I use fury for swillz because traps suck without dodge

Ellyidol
03-10-2011, 05:34 AM
I'm a tank. I keep solid Agro with decent dps. Fury is a bit much for mobs so I use hate. I use fury situationally till they fix it. Lately I use fury for swillz because traps suck without dodge

Agree.

I've never used my full Fury ever since I found out they had no set bonus, even until now that they do.

Coltona
03-11-2011, 09:16 PM
NEW IDEA!! I was talking to Justbrutal (arguably the best dual spec bear in game) and he has a good idea. Once you reach lvl 56 change stats to 142 str and 142 dex this ensures the usage of all points and is easier to get enough of either to equip your higher lvl items. To do this (after i respeced) i thought hey i can use this old lvl 45 str stuff i still have so i'm doing a lvl 45 osiris str set and a lvl 45 horus str set horuse for the dex and osiris for the str to equip my better items.Anyone have any suggestions?

Ellyidol
03-11-2011, 10:35 PM
NEW IDEA!! I was talking to Justbrutal (arguably the best dual spec bear in game) and he has a good idea. Once you reach lvl 56 change stats to 142 str and 142 dex this ensures the usage of all points and is easier to get enough of either to equip your higher lvl items. To do this (after i respeced) i thought hey i can use this old lvl 45 str stuff i still have so i'm doing a lvl 45 osiris str set and a lvl 45 horus str set horuse for the dex and osiris for the str to equip my better items.Anyone have any suggestions?

You can do it at 138/138. Refer to my 55 dual spec guide in my sig.

Sky../
03-12-2011, 12:51 AM
....... was talking to Justbrutal (arguably the best dual spec bear in game)....

Did elly quit?

naptownblunt
03-12-2011, 01:14 AM

what i did was equip the highest possible str bonus equipment with 133 str and 146 dex at level 55 making it 151 dex at level 56 im able to equip the fury equipment on my bear after equiping being 173 str with kite and axe not possible to equip the 2h swords unless you add 8 more str to equip sewer battle hammer

Equip level 45 str items that give 8 str per item 7 mininium on top of ur base str this makes you eligable to equip rift or cyber rift after equiping rift equip the fury items one by one as the rift gives more strength then the fury does

you work your way down from 179 str or so too 173 exaxtly after having full fury equiped follow the same sequence with dex items to equip raid items thus making you a duel weild that can equip both fury and raid roach ( i suggest bellow set goves awesome crit and dodge % along with ok armor over all you bear will be a beast. Thanks to ely you can learn alot from him haha) good luck man.

naptownblunt
03-12-2011, 01:20 AM
You can do it at 138/138. Refer to my 55 dual spec guide in my sig.

Does 138 138 give maximum stats? Such as, if ur say 137 str and 139 dex if taking 1 dex and adding it to str making you 138 138 do you not lose a crit point or dps etc and gain an armor point?

I may have mis understood this post

Ellyidol
03-12-2011, 01:27 AM
Does 138 138 give maximum stats? Such as, if ur say 137 str and 139 dex if taking 1 dex and adding it to str making you 138 138 do you not lose a crit point or dps etc and gain an armor point?

I may have mis understood this post

Nope, 138/138 is just the minimum required if you want to dual spec.

My guide has more details with how to equip the new gear and how they have limitations.

Also, at 138/138 you still have 3 more stat points you can use at 55. 8 points at 56.

naptownblunt
03-12-2011, 01:29 AM
Nope, 138/138 is just the minimum required if you want to dual spec.

My guide has more details with how to equip the new gear and how they have limitations.

Also, at 138/138 you still have 3 more stat points you can use at 55. 8 points at 56.

still learning myself as you know but i am able to have a base str of 133 str and equip fury or raid set not sure if thats good or bad but i like as much dex as possible. Lol

Ellyidol
03-12-2011, 01:36 AM
still learning myself as you know but i am able to have a base str of 133 str and equip fury or raid set not sure if thats good or bad but i like as much dex as possible. Lol

138 isn't the lowest possible if you use different boosters ;)

If you use Osiris gear only, 138 is the lowest :)

naptownblunt
03-12-2011, 01:38 AM
138 isn't the lowest possible if you use different boosters ;)

If you use Osiris gear only, 138 is the lowest :)

So my question is now is 133 str the very mininum? Thats what im shooting for ( im sorry to talk so much on ur post just very imformational things to know. For me atleast

Ellyidol
03-12-2011, 01:51 AM
So my question is now is 133 str the very mininum? Thats what im shooting for ( im sorry to talk so much on ur post just very imformational things to know. For me atleast

I don't think so.

I went to as low as the old standard dual spec minimum which was 126 before. :)