PDA

View Full Version : Problem updating

statuary
05-18-2010, 05:20 PM
Hello. I recently fell over this game and wants to try it out. Now i have been struggling about 5 hours getting it updated. It just wont!

I've been trying to reinstall the game, restart ipod and everything i could get my mind on. Nothing helps. My wi-fi connection is stable, and full signal all the time.

Is there anything else I could try, or should i just quit trying? :/

Thanks in regards, Statuary.

asommers
05-18-2010, 05:44 PM
It would help to know what it does or says.

-ALS

Bodhi
05-18-2010, 06:42 PM
i was getting the same thing yesterday several times i reinstalled was crashing eventualy it went through today i had no problems with anti frog farming patch

statuary
05-18-2010, 06:47 PM
I think i've tried to reinstall 17 times, and been trying to update atleast 100 times. Really want to try this game :)

statuary
05-18-2010, 08:08 PM
It would help to know what it does or says.

-ALS

It simply just shuts down. I login, it writes connecting, authenticating etc, then receiving iphone00X.pak and after 10-50 seconds shutsdown.

Arjun
05-18-2010, 08:29 PM
Is ur phone set to auto-lock? you can change that from general settings to never and then try. pretty basic I know but just thought Id say it eitherways. cause sometimes it's just the little things. autolock might put your wi-fi link to their server on a low priority or somesuch. effectively terminating the download of the update??

Don't quit while u r ahead. . .

asommers
05-18-2010, 09:35 PM
It simply just shuts down. I login, it writes connecting, authenticating etc, then receiving iphone00X.pak and after 10-50 seconds shutsdown.

What device? Phone or touch? Can you try another wifi connection? Coffee shop, friends house, etc. How much free space do you have? When you say shutdown, does it exit to the Springboard?

-ALS

statuary
05-19-2010, 08:55 AM
What device? Phone or touch? Can you try another wifi connection? Coffee shop, friends house, etc. How much free space do you have? When you say shutdown, does it exit to the Springboard?

-ALS

It's an Ipod. I will try another wifi later and report back. I have like 80% free space, so that cant be the problem. And it shuts down to all the other programs(if thats a springboard, then yes)

statuary
05-19-2010, 08:55 AM
Is ur phone set to auto-lock? you can change that from general settings to never and then try. pretty basic I know but just thought Id say it eitherways. cause sometimes it's just the little things. autolock might put your wi-fi link to their server on a low priority or somesuch. effectively terminating the download of the update??

Don't quit while u r ahead. . .

Putting it off autolock was one of the first things i did