PDA

View Full Version : disconnects while playing on Chrome

Fusionstrike
01-05-2015, 08:51 PM
Has anyone else experienced random disconnects in mid-run while playing on Chrome? I have noticed this happening and have tried to characterize the issue. Here's what I've found so far.

1. It happens only when using Chrome. Android and iOS apps never show the issue.
2. It doesn't always happen, but when it does there is a consistent pattern. It always happens exactly 2 minutes after starting a new zone.
3. The disconnect goes right to the "You have been disconnected from the server" screen.
4. There's no correlation with anything I'm doing at the time. I could be idle, pressing skills, walking, etc.

I have tried things like rebooting the computer and router, disabling anti-virus, etc. None of these things has any effect on the problem.

If anyone else sees this behavior, it would be useful to know what you see. Also if there are any other debugging steps I can take to get more info on what's going on, I'd love to hear it.

TerryDarc
01-15-2015, 12:10 AM
I've been disconnected on my little chromebook but I always thought it was the web + connection.

angeldawn
01-15-2015, 09:37 AM
iOS disconnect also but not with a pattern. But the disconnects on iOS for me are becoming more frequent.

Suentous PO
01-15-2015, 09:43 AM
^ same.

Here's this, from al;

Hello! Just to fill everyone in, we did some server updates last week that may have contributed to the rise in disconnects and lag. We added extra zone servers this afternoon that should help out a lot. Please keep us updated if you see any changes (good or bad) as a result of this update.

Thanks so much!

From this thread;
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?203316-dc-everytime-i-log-in-even-if-my-internet-is-fast-and-stable-pls-fix&p=2008801#post2008801

I dc in town, lags and spikes in maps like crazy despite the "fix".
I know my connect is great, it's on their end.

BlackAimZ
01-15-2015, 12:01 PM
i cant even start the game on chrome anymore