PDA

View Full Version : Announcing the newest Guardians of Alterra!

Justg
02-25-2011, 02:51 PM
Pocket Legends is proud to announce the next two Guardians of Alterra:

Congratulations RedRyder and DanielRH!

What is a Guardian of Alterra? Well, our old buddy (and GoA charter member) Snakespeare put it like this:

I don't think it's about being "good". Let me quote:

So, first, they want feedback. We do know that they listen. They also want feedback a certain way, as in save the drama for your mama. That' why it says "constructive" twice. In this regard, it would not be wise to encourage a troll to say that the devs are "ruining the game" and so forth, or to threaten to quit if the devs don't make some sort of change that benefits you economically. That's not feedback, it's whining, and there is a lot of it going around. Arguing against other people's feedback by calling them names or in other ways deriding them is another thing that happens too much. New players, especially, are going to say things we've said months ago, and telling them just get over it noob is really anti-community. So the opposites are better. Encourage feedback, don't criticize it. If I disagree about some nerf the devs have done, I should stay level-headed in my opinion. I should remember that, if someone disagrees with me, their opinion is equal to mine, and it is up to the devs to figure out what to do with both points of view.

Second, they mention reporting. I do report offensive things. I am not a saint. My poetry is really for the 18+ crowd. But I find racism offensive and always report it, as well as any anti-women derogatory talk. I don't report the occasional slip when someone can't resist a swear word when something doesn't work out. That would be hypocritical of me. I am like the Dad in Christmas Story and his furnace sometimes, and I can forgive a lot of that. But hate is intolerable and I do report it whenever I see it. I have also reported threads when one teenage boy insults another teenage boy by implying that he is gay. I imagine other people who were given shields have reported things that are different from what I have reported, but apparently that is part of the expectation.

Third they listed player run events. Since I never did one of these, I think it expands actually to information collection and distribution, too. I am no sure what I have done in this area to merit a shield, so I will guess. I think possibly my old thread called "Why I disabled XP on some characters" was probably the first post encouraging PvE twinking, and we are now finding that low level farming is based around PvE twinking. Another whole set of posts I made concerned sportsmanship and netiquette in public maps. We all know that Yanis got one for second place in a contest, but I am sure he would have gotten one anyway because of his willingness to share information.

And lastly, there's "be helpful". Well, we all know this is why Royce got one, and Fluff, too. Theres probably no better way to explain the concept than to say, let these guys be your role models.

So that's it. It's not really about "being good". That should be the normal condition. It is about going above and beyond. And I agree that several more folks go above and beyond. But I think suggesting names should be done in PMs to the devs. And when you do make these back-channel suggestions, give good reasons based on these points. I was told "we have our list, but we are open to suggestions", so do suggest! Just be sure to build a good case. The person you are suggesting is worth the effort, right?

We'll be evaluating new candidates every couple of weeks, so keep checking in, and GRATZ RedRyder and DanielRH!!

Grizzlykitty
02-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Congrats guys!!!

Xiaou
02-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Congratulations guys!! :)

Lesrider
02-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Grats guys -- well-deserved!

Zeus
02-25-2011, 03:02 PM
Congratz guys! You all deserve it!

Doubletime
02-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Congrats guys!

drewcapu
02-25-2011, 03:10 PM
GZ!!! Awesome!

JemNI
02-25-2011, 03:10 PM
You've both helped me out along the way so a personal congratulations!

RedRyder
02-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Omg!!!!! No wayyy!!!! TY SO MUCH!

FluffNStuff
02-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Congratulations Red and Daniel!!

Rebel
02-25-2011, 03:25 PM
Nicely done guys. Well deserved! Hey Red, how about a drawing of you with your new shield? ;)

Sanatorium
02-25-2011, 03:33 PM
Congrats guys, I've seen you both help out in many ways.
Congratulations once again :).

RedRyder
02-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Nicely done guys. Well deserved! Hey Red, how about a drawing of you with your new shield? ;)

Sounds like a plan!! Expect it by tonight ;)

Rebel
02-25-2011, 03:41 PM
Sounds like a plan!! Expect it by tonight ;)

Sounds good! Can't wait to see!

Physiologic
02-25-2011, 03:47 PM
Grats Red and Daniel! Red, your posts are always real, straight-to-the-point and you get along with EVERYONE. Can we say Metropolitan area pride w/ Royce and Yanis :D? Dan - your play guides are l33t and we can't wait for the stat calculator to come out. Kudos guys :)

Phoenixking
02-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Can we make a special thread of ideas on design? Like showing yoir idea but drawn i bet red would beat that thread

Royce
02-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Congratulations guys on the very well deserved honor.

Wrap
02-25-2011, 04:30 PM
Congrats guys! =D

Phoenixking
02-25-2011, 04:32 PM
Congratz!!!!!!<prepares a hollywood party in a giant dancing studio and a pl poster

Kossi
02-25-2011, 04:34 PM
congratz guys!!! :D

CanonicalKoi
02-25-2011, 05:20 PM
Congratulations to two very helpful guys!

Major
02-25-2011, 05:27 PM
Sick more gaurdians. Congrats guys you deserve it!!!

Ellyidol
02-25-2011, 05:40 PM
Congrats!! :) well deserved!

Tengotengo
02-25-2011, 06:01 PM
GRATZ! I've been wanting to get a hold of DanielRH to give him some weapons for the up-n-comer 50s. I liquidated a bunch today :\

Beanmachine
02-25-2011, 06:35 PM
Gratz! Daniel good idea with those clean up campaigns.

Moogerfooger
02-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Way to go guys, congrats.

giayuan
02-25-2011, 08:17 PM
Awesome job!!! you guys deserve it!!

DawnInfinity
02-25-2011, 10:24 PM
Congrats guys! <3

Kingofhurtz
02-25-2011, 10:29 PM
Just wanted to say congratulations to all and I also have a recommendation. The devs listened to my first one (Daniel) so why not this? :P Pharcyde! Providing the community with a wealth of knowledge, I have to say, there aren't many people who I know who know more about the market than Pharcyde. Amazing with business and really helped me to prosper. Not to mention his skills with Adobe Photoshop! :)

giayuan
02-25-2011, 10:41 PM
Just wanted to say congratulations to all and I also have a recommendation. The devs listened to my first one (Daniel) so why not this? :P Pharcyde! Providing the community with a wealth of knowledge, I have to say, there aren't many people who I know who know more about the market than Pharcyde. Amazing with business and really helped me to prosper. Not to mention his skills with Adobe Photoshop! :)

Pharcyde is a good nominee, but adobe photoshop.. dont you mean rebel? :'D

RedRyder
02-26-2011, 12:25 AM
Pharcyde is a good nominee, but adobe photoshop.. dont you mean rebel? :'D

Phar is also pretty pro with PS ;) adobe illustrator's my thang :)

Demonicdevyn
02-26-2011, 01:29 AM
Great job guys well deserved

wolfendragon
02-26-2011, 04:53 AM
Grats you deserve it

DanielRH
02-26-2011, 11:58 AM
OMG!!! Just saw this! Thanks guys! It's awesome! :)

Prest87
02-28-2011, 01:05 AM
Gratz guys u deserve it

davidis57
03-02-2011, 12:14 AM
Excellence!

Hayabusaz
03-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Can I Be One ?

Lol Joke , Gratz Guys !!!

Yanis
03-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Well done and well deserved!

dubvballer
03-04-2011, 02:11 PM
grats, this stays as a tight knit group to the most elite and helpful players. don't wanna be seeing these shields like everywhere

RedRyder
03-04-2011, 03:41 PM
grats, this stays as a tight knit group to the most elite and helpful players. don't wanna be seeing these shields like everywhere

no worries, even though i dont think i was deservent of the shield and title, i can assure you that only the worthy will recieve this honor :p

Pharcyde
03-18-2011, 10:47 PM

Ahh thanks King :). I gotta shoot the recommendation right back at ya.

Kingofhurtz is one of the friendliest Pocket Legends Players I have ever met. He is a true friend, anyone would be extremely lucky to be able to call him a friend. Every time I see Kingofhurtz, he is helping someone in the game. I wanted to recommend him because often the great in-game contributers go unnoticed since the acts not on the forum where people notice. He certainly has helped many players understand the game, just the other day, he took a large chunk out of his time to teach a player how to PvP.

Then my second recommendation is Mysticaldream, I know he has had is fair share of trouble with the rules in the game. He certainly has learned and changed from the experiences. Mystical is always helping players on the forum, he's the only person I know of who will greet every new player, answer every PL and non-PL related question and do other helpful acts in the community. Certainly, a lot more people would go without a warm welcome or a proper answer if it was not for him. Oh, not to mention, if you break a rule or post in the wrong section, mystical will be the first one to tell you about it ;), politely of course!

Arterra
03-19-2011, 09:11 AM
Guardians FTW, way to go Red and Dan!

Wrap
03-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Not sure if this is the right place, but it seems to me that there are some very outstanding and helpful people on these forums and also in-game that are not on the list of 'Guardians of Alterra'. To name a few, Mysticaldream, Pharcyde, and Rangepwnsmeel...How are they not 'Guardians of Alterra'? They are known to be some of the most active and helpful players around :) Anyways, just wanted to recommend those 3 specifically...and say what a great job they have done in taking there time and spending it helping other players in the Pocket Legends community.

KingFu
03-24-2011, 12:43 PM
I have 5 recommendations btw:D

First, I'd like to recommend rangepwnsmeel. He's one of the most friendliest players I have met, not to mention his generosity, and help. He's contributed a lot to this community whether it was making guides, or helping other with PL issues, or RL issues. Truly a helpful member all around.

Second, I'd recommend Ellyidol. He's certainly the bear expert, and is always very helpful. He's happy to help, and shows it. He helps a lot of bears out there including this one, and is really a great benefit to the community by being helpful and friendly.

Third, I'd like to recommend Wrap, he's not the most active member, but is certainly a valuable one. He created a whole PL fan site, which is clean, fun, and looks like it took a lot of work, and really is sticking to it. He's always helpful, and has an awesome attitude and is all around friendly.

Fourth, pharcyde of course! He's been a lot of help to not only mages, but the community in general. He has helped tons of mages out there, learning the class, and knowing what to do. If he isn't posting something helpful he's posting something hilarious making everyone laugh:p He is very friendly, and welcoming.

Last, but not least. Lesrider. She's always helpful, and constructive. She gives good constrictive feedback, and is very helpful and is also very active. She is friendly and is open to helping others.

In no order at all of course. Also, thanks to those who recommended me:) I know there are others that deserve it more than I do, I'm just "tickled pink" to see myself being recommended:)

And remember, just because I didn't recommend you doesn't mean you're not helpful:p

Zeus
03-24-2011, 04:49 PM
I have 5 recommendations btw:D

First, I'd like to recommend rangepwnsmeel. He's one of the most friendliest players I have met, not to mention his generosity, and help. He's contributed a lot to this community whether it was making guides, or helping other with PL issues, or RL issues. Truly a helpful member all around.

Second, I'd recommend Ellyidol. He's certainly the bear expert, and is always very helpful. He's happy to help, and shows it. He helps a lot of bears out there including this one, and is really a great benefit to the community by being helpful and friendly.

Third, I'd like to recommend Wrap, he's not the most active member, but is certainly a valuable one. He created a whole PL fan site, which is clean, fun, and looks like it took a lot of work, and really is sticking to it. He's always helpful, and has an awesome attitude and is all around friendly.

Fourth, pharcyde of course! He's been a lot of help to not only mages, but the community in general. He has helped tons of mages out there, learning the class, and knowing what to do. If he isn't posting something helpful he's posting something hilarious making everyone laugh:p He is very friendly, and welcoming.

Last, but not least. Lesrider. She's always helpful, and constructive. She gives good constrictive feedback, and is very helpful and is also very active. She is friendly and is open to helping others.

In no order at all of course. Also, thanks to those who recommended me:) I know there are others that deserve it more than I do, I'm just "tickled pink" to see myself being recommended:)

And remember, just because I didn't recommend you doesn't mean you're not helpful:p

Wow! I'm your first reccomendation. I honestly believe though, that there are better candidates than me for the community shield. Mysticaldream, Ellyidol, Wrap, and Pharcyde are my top choices :D. For obvious reasons. (Just take a look at their work!)

Arterra
03-24-2011, 05:22 PM
i think the fact that JustG quoted Snake, his points are to be taken seriously for people hoping to one day be nominated... the "above and beyond" aspect seems the most logical approach, just have to find a way to get to it, your own way...
(its hard writing anything in this thread without feeling awkward)

Physiologic
03-24-2011, 06:35 PM
i think the fact that JustG quoted Snake, his points are to be taken seriously for people hoping to one day be nominated... the "above and beyond" aspect seems the most logical approach, just have to find a way to get to it, your own way...
(its hard writing anything in this thread without feeling awkward)

I concur with Arterra and Snake. I'll chime in also with one additional sentence: Help others, expect nothing in return. You might be surprised one day :)

Ellyidol
03-25-2011, 06:30 AM
Myst and range, you guys are too kind.

Like Phys and Arterra said, Guardians have to do something extraordinary - something I far from achieved.

I'm sure the devs will make the right choice :)

Rhuagh
04-04-2011, 06:24 PM
gratz peeps! already saw yours red ;) i too nominate mysticaldream... not only is he somebody who exemplifies the terms honest, loyal, and generous... he is a great friend and somebody who helped a char like mine, wolfling, to overcome obstacles such as leet gear and farming techniques just to name a few of the ways he has helped me out. and i know that he does this for many other chars as well. i've been around pl since its inception and have always been just below the top tier players(at least in the PvE arenas). he has always been there to help out and give freely of advice, how-to's, gear, and spare gold. if it wasnt for his generosity i would never have been able to keep a foot up on the ever changing PL microverse! so thank you myst ;)

dubvballer
04-07-2011, 08:42 AM
grats guys

superss
04-07-2011, 08:46 AM
gratz!!!!!!

Leonadritia
04-22-2011, 04:07 PM
O.o shinies yay! Well done guardians, in the name of Alterra. *raises a glass to the newly appointed

SiX
04-22-2011, 04:24 PM
More ppls to guard me, I approve.

Mothwing
04-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Bahahahaha ive done nothing, actually i shouldnt say that...ive submitted a few reccomendations and power leveled 2 lvl 20's to 50. <----that took a while btw. But yea, i will probably be later on the list :(

Mothwing
04-22-2011, 09:41 PM
O, and of course, congrats lmao

nmyxspaceship
04-23-2011, 02:20 PM
congrats to new guadians!

JTZ
10-09-2011, 10:35 PM
con-grat-u-la-tionz!!!!!!!

forbidjon
10-10-2011, 03:46 AM
Man i deserve that :/
I spent way too much plat and thnx to the previous update i somehow got 20$ worth of plat to a diffrent e-mail account. I even reported my problem to the devs and they said they cant help me. So can i atleast get anything for wat i lost?

Navygreen
10-10-2011, 06:12 AM
congrats everyone!!