PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Defenders...

giayuan
02-25-2011, 08:38 PM
Fails to bring my fun anymore, I cant even load it; when I open the app, it stays on that first page forever!!! And its the laggiest game ever too. help? lesrider?

LIGHTNINGLORD67
02-25-2011, 08:41 PM
Man I've quit that game, I've completely lost the interest :(..

Lesrider
02-25-2011, 08:52 PM
What version are you on?

You may have gotten a corrupted save file.
Depending on the version, you may or may not be able to fix it.

giayuan
02-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Updated all the way to date. You still play Les? its booooooring... now.. PL is most exciting! so much to do!~ btw, here my checklist ;D
1. Get all 3 mains/alts to lvl55
2. Get main to lvl56
3. Finish all quests (cant find last four in Balefort Sewers :-/)
4. GET SOME LOOT :D
5. Farm lvl50 vyxnaar
All possible up till 5 ;)

Lesrider
02-25-2011, 09:41 PM
Yeah I got back into DD. I started over bc I got a corrupted file.
They keep adding stuff, too, so hard not to get sucked in.

I really enjoyed BS for the first few days, but then I just had no interest. I dunno why exactly...

giayuan
02-25-2011, 10:38 PM
what do you mean by corrupted file? this is why I hate offline games, if theres a problem, there too much hassle to get the money back. But if the game is online, chances are, others are having the same problems and an update to fix it will come faster.

Lesrider
02-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Why would you need to get your money back? Don't buy mana...

Corrupted as in broken. They've been finding ways to fix it but not for my 1.0 save file.

It's a bit of a pain, but you need to back up regularly bc you never know what will happen.

Yeah, the problem is that everything's saved on our devices. But at the same time, that allows us to play anywhere, not just when we have a good connection. I think that's part of what keeps getting me back in there -- I can play solo or online. So if I'm playing solo, I can pause if I'm interrupted.

And yes, it's annoying to have to wait two weeks for an update to be approved by apple, just to discover that there are other things that need fixing... And will need to wait till the next update. But I'm learning to live with it bc I still like the game, despite its flaws. And hopefully one day they'll get everything right.

giayuan
02-25-2011, 10:48 PM
dont buy mana? theres an option for buying mana with money? LOL i didnt know that. I meant the game itself; wasted me 3 bucks D:
eh.. i cant even PLAY the game! its stuck on the front, "Dungeon Defenders" page.

Lesrider
02-25-2011, 10:52 PM
How long have you had the game? And if you have version 4.3, there's a file fixer you can run your save file through.

giayuan
02-25-2011, 11:33 PM
How long have you had the game? And if you have version 4.3, there's a file fixer you can run your save file through.

game? since.. idk doesnt matter. cuz ive updated it from when I bought it till now, and i CANT RUN IT D:

RedRyder
02-26-2011, 12:30 AM
I lost my stuff updating (only Lv 9 I think) I just lost the desire to play after that lol. Lost mana and my flying tiger :(

Lesrider
02-26-2011, 04:36 AM
game? since.. idk doesnt matter. cuz ive updated it from when I bought it till now, and i CANT RUN IT D:

It does matter, bc depending on what version your file got corrupted in, you may be able to fix it. But you don't sound like you want to anyway.

Lesrider
02-26-2011, 04:38 AM
I lost my stuff updating (only Lv 9 I think) I just lost the desire to play after that lol. Lost mana and my flying tiger :(

Lol lvl 9? Try losing everything after having all lvl 60s, awesome gear, and tons of mana! I thought I'd rage-quit, but the new update dragged me back in.

Btw, didn't you start on 4.2? How'd you lose your stuff???

Barbamitsos
02-26-2011, 05:09 AM
Lol lvl 9? Try losing everything after having all lvl 60s, awesome gear, and tons of mana! I thought I'd rage-quit, but the new update dragged me back in.

hapened 9 times to me

RedRyder
02-26-2011, 10:02 AM

Apparently saving the game to your iTunes and leaving it there will not bring back the data -_-

Lesrider
02-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Apparently saving the game to your iTunes and leaving it there will not bring back the data -_-

I've never done a "restore from save" in iTunes, so can't speak whether it works or not. I've been backing up my phone periodically, but I don't like the idea of restoring because of one game -- I've no idea what will happen to other games/apps if I do so.
It's why I didn't restore when my file got corrupted.

Now I've also been copying my save file to my pc with iPhone Explorer, since several people have sworn by it. Can't speak from personal experience tho.

Royce
02-26-2011, 11:14 AM
I'm really sorry for anyone who invested their time with this game. It's really been a spectacular series of failures by the the Trendy folks. This is why, despite the fact that the game is 99 cents now, I looked right past it and downloaded Battleheart instead last night. I hope for the sake if their players, the DD devs right their ship, but I can't any reason to believe that will happen. They must be either just very sloppy/untalented or not really care about their game, but all I can say is those guys are only Trendy if fail is in style...

LIGHTNINGLORD67
02-26-2011, 01:55 PM
I'm really sorry for anyone who invested their time with this game. It's really been a spectacular series of failures by the the Trendy folks. This is why, despite the fact that the game is 99 cents now, I looked right past it and downloaded Battleheart instead last night. I hope for the sake if their players, the DD devs right their ship, but I can't any reason to believe that will happen. They must be either just very sloppy/untalented or not really care about their game, but all I can say is those guys are only Trendy if fail is in style...

And this is why I quit DDFW one week ago.

giayuan
02-26-2011, 07:06 PM
Exactly what was that new update Les? I updated but could never play it. Plus, I lost 2 godly weapons becuz the update before the one your talking about didnt allow me to equip my stuff. -_- yup... screw trendy