PDA

View Full Version : Drained = Mage Execute

FluffNStuff
02-26-2011, 12:53 AM
Heard about this drained combo, and had an idea, but I need to check it out. PL my Mage from 50 to 51 and picked up a Mega Mage Gemstone Wand. And low and behold, it was exactly what I hoped! Drained is essentially the mage version of the execute combo, which is an extra roll of damage. When the mob is under the effect of 'weakness' the Gemstone wand has a chance to proc Drained. This is the same as the chance of the hax having a chance to proc execute while the mob is under the effect of 'hell scream'.
So there is no mana draining / debuff involved, it just a simple damage combo that adds an extra hit. And that makes it awesome! Easiest way to see this for yourself is to turn off auto and use weakness, then take one shot. If it procs, you will see two damage numbers and 'drained'.

Ellyidol
02-26-2011, 12:56 AM
Are the extra rolls of attack anything special? Like a crit?

Or just another normal attack damage value? :)

FluffNStuff
02-26-2011, 01:01 AM
Are the extra rolls of attack anything special? Like a crit?

Or just another normal attack damage value? :)

They are a normal attack damage, but have the same chance to crit as a normal attack. This is the same extra damage you get from any combo, like hot flash or nature strike.

Ellyidol
02-26-2011, 01:03 AM
They are a normal attack damage, but have the same chance to crit as a normal attack. This is the same extra damage you get from any combo, like hot flash or nature strike.

Thanks! :)

Royce
02-26-2011, 01:39 AM
Interesting, so that explains it, sort of...
The gemstone wand does also give you mana when you use certain skills after weakness, and oddly the other gem wands do the same with nightmare. Very strange still if you ask me...

Xymorg
02-26-2011, 01:43 AM
Thanks fluffnstuff, I was really confused about this & appreciate you clearing it up. :)

I still see small blue numbers when I use any gem wand & cast debuffs, but that effect is unrelated to the Drained combo. It's a nice proc.

WhoIsThis
02-26-2011, 11:56 PM
I just bought a gemstone wand today - now that I have tested it for myself, it does exactly what you say it does. Good observations.

I'd say that overall, the gemstone wand represents a significant upgrade over the gemshard and gemstar wands.

RedRyder
02-27-2011, 12:37 AM
thanks fluff ! and royce for the extra input. is it restricted to MM? cause lord knows im not lucky enough to loot one and i sure as hell cant buy one

FluffNStuff
02-27-2011, 12:49 AM
thanks fluff ! and royce for the extra input. is it restricted to MM? cause lord knows im not lucky enough to loot one and i sure as hell cant buy one

Someone had said they got it to work on an orange. Not sure which orange, but can test em.

Otukura
02-27-2011, 01:03 AM
Eh... I don't really like how the gemstone looks, love the gemstar. :/

Do you think it's wort to use the stone?