PDA

View Full Version : Looking for hard working team to help colelct data!

noneo
02-26-2011, 08:52 AM
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a good team to help collect data in all of the different dungeons of this great land of Alterra. (I may end up just sticking with the most popular, or ones that make the most sense, I'm not sure yet). I will be starting with Crush the Keeper, then move on to other dungeons from there.

My goal is to develop an excel program where one may type in their current attributes (STR, INT, and DEX) followed by their xp, and my worksheet will tell basically anything they need to know in order to reach a future goal.

Eventually I would like this chart to also be able to tell someone how many runs until they can wear their desired armor/weapon/etc. As well as be able to tell them how many runs will be needed to make in order to earn enough money to buy that item (one could plug in the market value of the item, and my sheet will tell them how many runs they will need to take based off of the liquidation of every item lower than purple, plus the physical gold you collect each run.)

I want my sheet to answer all of the following questions a player might have (and potentially more)

Ideas so far:
How many runs need to be made until the inquired level is reached?
How many runs need to be made until I can wear item X?
How many runs need to be made until I can afford item X?
How long does each dungeon take (with 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 players)?
Optimal dungeon for your goal (i.e. does the player want gold or XP faster?)
What will my stats be at this level?
What will my stats be at this level, wearing these items?
What will be my exact kill count if I follow this sheet to my designated goal?
What level will I be at when I get my kill count to X?
How many more kills do I need until my K/D ratio is X?
What level will I be if I get my K/D ratio to X?
How many runs through dungeon Y do I need to make to get X kills?

(much of this is just simple calculations, so it won't take too long once I have the initial data.)

Basically I want to be an all encapsulating information sheet where every player can use to better set and achieve goals.

I know this will be a lot of work, and that is why I am looking toward the community for help in making this process go a bit faster. I am looking for patient people that don't mind waiting in a dungeon for a bit while I record information down.

Also, there is some incredible information put out there by other community members, and I would like to incorporate that in my project as well (with proper approval of course). i.e. the Enchantress Attribute guide made by Eleanor, the Pinks lists made by Yanis, etc.

A future goal is to have data collection teams which are each focused on one attribute of this project. (i.e. one team will focus on finding the average liquidation/gold amounts for the dungeons, another will be focused on finding the XP of a dungeon, etc.)

Please offer me any other suggestions you would like to be incorporated in the sheet.

Help the community by helping me =)

RedRyder
02-26-2011, 09:58 AM
I think if you get Physiological on board hes really the onle person you'd need :p
The insanely in depth guides are really his thing

noneo
02-26-2011, 10:29 AM
Sweet, I'll send him a message. Thanks!

wolfendragon
02-26-2011, 10:56 AM
If you need help just ask if need be I can start new character to help out with it

RedRyder
02-26-2011, 11:09 AM
Yup man an excel file like that would be super useful. Phys did a bunc of extensive guides so just search up his threads to see what I mean ;)

noneo
02-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Thanks Wolf! once I get enough interest, I will let you know what you can do to help.

DanielRH
02-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Amazing idea!!!

I feel another calculator mood owing on!!!! :)

FluffNStuff
02-26-2011, 01:14 PM
Just want to give you a heads up that exp changes with threat level, and threat level is governed by the highest level member of the team, the number of remaining mobs, and of course level if the map. This should make some pretty sweet 3 dimensional plots.

noneo
02-26-2011, 01:37 PM
Thanks Fluff, I didn't even think about threat level. But that makes sense because when I was in a group going through the dungeon, I was noting that my xp gain would vary a lot. (sometimes it was almost 2X the amount of xp doing the same run). I might need you on my team since you seem to be an expert on it =). I'm currently doing solo Crush the Keeper and recording data.

This is why I need a good patient team, so I can test out what 2 people will incur, 3, 4, and so forth. I'm not sure how I can go about finding the threat level of the dungeon in correlation to the players level/number of players. There must be a multiplier/formula of sorts...

Physiologic
02-26-2011, 02:18 PM
A full party (5 members) bonus gives exactly 1.25x XP of what you'd normally receive; the former estimate of 1.3x XP was just a rounded up value. I'm not sure if there's a multiplier for 4 members, or 3 members.

I found this scribbled down in my notes:

Threat level
red - 2 exp
yellow - 1.5-2 exp
white - 1 exp
blue - 1 exp
gray - 0 exp

Pretty sure they aren't accurate at all because I don't have any other data written down anywhere, but I think those are my guesstimates. Couldn't find threat level exp information using a quick search on the forums, but I'm sure someone like Royce knows.

adwin
02-26-2011, 03:35 PM
How many runs need to be made until the inquired level is reached?
- this depends on WHERE you lvl up. Higher lvl dungeons give you more xp/kill than those optimally suited for your lvl.

How many runs need to be made until I can wear item X?
- this means that you just have to fulfill level and stats requirements, which links to the previous question.

How many runs need to be made until I can afford item X?
- where do you grind, which links to what is the drop rate there and what is the average price of drops.
Add to that the gold spend on pots.

How long does each dungeon take (with 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 players)?
- depends on 2 factors: difference in level between the dungeon and players.
- how skilled are the players?

Optimal dungeon for your goal (i.e. does the player want gold or XP faster?)
- once more, linked to difference in levels and drop rate as well as quality of drops.

What will my stats be at this level?
- DanielRH is making a map if I'm not mistaken.

What will my stats be at this level, wearing these items?
- depends on the colour (green, purp, pink...) AND you'd need to map EVERY item in the game.
- you could do something similar to what DanielRH is doing for the player stats, but that would require a good involvement from the community.
I'd like to see you inputting EVERY single stat there is for every item. ;]

What will be my exact kill count if I follow this sheet to my designated goal?
What level will I be at when I get my kill count to X?
- both questions: isn't really applicable. You get XP regardless is you kill or not. You just need to be close enough in the party.
That is why you sometimes see high levels with a low kill count (especially those who powerlevelled).

How many more kills do I need until my K/D ratio is X?
- I didn't get that one. It's simle maths (proportions).

What level will I be if I get my K/D ratio to X?
- If this has to make sense, it'd be linked to the amount of kills necessary to achieve k/d "X", thus linked to the previous question.

How many runs through dungeon Y do I need to make to get X kills?
- assuming you're doing all the kills (solo), it depends on the enemy count in each dungeon (AND also assuming that you're not bailing out before a boss).
Simple maths.