PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends for Nook Color?

hereticrick
02-26-2011, 09:40 AM
(reposting since I didn't see that there was a whole forum for Android)
Since there is a version for Android now, does that mean you will consider submitting a version for the Nook Color? I've seen at least one person who said they were playing it on theirs already, but I'm assuming that's a rooted one since Barnes and Noble hasn't released their App Market yet.

Supposedly, BN is taking submissions from developers to submit their Apps using their SDK (and that acronym is the full extent of my understanding of how this process works), and will then decide from those submitted which they will offer. I know this game isn't exactly "book related", but neither is Sudoku/Chess/Crosswords/Pandora that come installed on the device, so fingers crossed. Anyway, I don't own a Nook Color yet, but I'd be horribly tempted to get one if this game became available on it (without breaking the warranty).

WobbleTheHutt
02-27-2011, 07:15 PM
the only issue with playing it on the nook is that you cant fully quit out with out soft keys installed. (you can back all the way out to the login screen but you need soft keys at that point to properly quit out and terminate the application, (could easily be fixed with an exit button on the login screen however) also as a nook color owner i would recommend rooting it, its easy and only requires a micro sd card and its super easy to get back to stock, you don't even have to modify the boot loader or anything on the device at the low level, :) if you would like help send me a PM and i can show ya the ropes! :)

hereticrick
02-27-2011, 10:03 PM
the only issue with playing it on the nook is that you cant fully quit out with out soft keys installed. (you can back all the way out to the login screen but you need soft keys at that point to properly quit out and terminate the application, (could easily be fixed with an exit button on the login screen however)
This is why I'd rather see Spacetime Studios do an official version for the future Nook Color App store - so it'll actually work right.

also as a nook color owner i would recommend rooting it, its easy and only requires a micro sd card and its super easy to get back to stock, you don't even have to modify the boot loader or anything on the device at the low level, :) if you would like help send me a PM and i can show ya the ropes! :)
I don't own one yet. I bought the WiFi Nook before the color came out. If PL becomes available on the app store, though, that might be the last thing I need to convince me I need to upgrade. I'm really not interested in rooting. I don't want to spend that kind of money and then break warranty, particularly when I'm not tech savvy enough to understand what it is I'd actually be doing.

WobbleTheHutt
02-27-2011, 10:07 PM
understood, however it only breaks the warranty if you cant restore it to stock if you have other issues (ie broken USB port screen backlight etc) and restoring to stock is quite easy :) and does not require any scary linux commands so i wouldn't worry about it too much, if you pick one up i would root it and then make sure you can unroot it and root it again, that way if things go super south (they wont after the crazy **** i've done and brought it back with little effort i an reassure you of that) you can always return or exchange it via the stores return policy/ grace period and then NOT mess with that one :)