PDA

View Full Version : casual game or endless grindfest?

markus
02-26-2011, 02:11 PM
So almost halfway to 56 and still no pinks. I get items should be rare but iam starting to think this is just rediculous....... I don't even care if its a nonuseable item for me. Maybe I can sell it and make a bit of cash for pots or buy the gear I want. It supposed to be a game I can pick up and play and get done what I want. But when you been farming same maps for well over a week and nothing, somethings gota give. iam not the only one complaining about drop rate. Looks like devs might have fudged up on drop rate imo.....

Physiologic
02-26-2011, 02:22 PM
I was in the same boat as you. At around 70k/83k XP, I spent nearly 1m on XP potions and didn't see a pink until one night I got 2 pink drops in a row. Don't give up :) The road to 56 WAS intended for the grinder, not the casual player.

Numbers
02-26-2011, 02:25 PM
How much do you play a day?

I ask because I went through several stints of heavy play in other games, and could easily go far more than a week without seeing anything I'd consider "decent". The reason is because the term "good gear" becomes relative based upon the point you are in the game. If you're to a point where ONLY the best items are worth your time... well, it will take you longer to find what you are looking for. Also, not to be too tongue and cheek about this, but random drops are random.

Now, I fully admit that I'm new to the game still, but when you say you've been farming for a week, that doesn't make me go, "wow, they ARE too rare!" If people want to chalk what I'm saying up to inexperience in this particular game, I'm more than able to understand that. However, what you need to understand is that this is nowhere near uncommon for games like this. If you heavily farm items, and still haven't seen anything in a month... maybe that's worth a conversation. However, be aware that in other games people can play them 8-10+ hours a day and still not find what it is they are after for months. Unless the developers have expressed this game was meant to be different, I would assume there would need to be at least an equivalent amount of time put into it, taking into consideration it isn't as possible to play to the same degree on a mobile decide.

Sigkill
02-26-2011, 02:40 PM
I was in the same boat as you. At around 70k/83k XP, I spent nearly 1m on XP potions and didn't see a pink until one night I got 2 pink drops in a row. Don't give up :) The road to 56 WAS intended for the grinder, not the casual player.

Yea definitely, lvl 56 wasn't made for the 12 year old kid who logs on 1hr a day

Conradin
02-26-2011, 02:58 PM
56 is an elite lvl....

adwin
02-26-2011, 03:22 PM
It all comes down to 1 single thing: luck.
I got my 1st BS pink drop when I was lvl 50 (RR Gemstone Cap) and my 2nd, when I was lvl 51 or 52 (Sewer King Scarab).
Don't give up. ;]

Conradin
02-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Lucky I want the sewer scarab bad

markus
02-26-2011, 04:16 PM
Oh iam not complaining about the xp to 56 I know it will take time and right now iam just cruising. Ill get there just not in a week or so. What iam complaining about is the drop rate for pinks.I've played world of warcraft for 5 years almost and was very heavy into endgame content and raiding. Also allods for a stint. In wow sure you had to wait for a drop but there were drops and a garentee of a epic after boss kill. Build enough dkp and at some point you will get your item or a item to upgrade. But this game being a mobile shouldn't take weeks to get a single pink weather it be what you want or something to sell. I rember waiting forever for a item and nvr getting it but this is a mobile mmo meant for bite size sessions or so I read in print they said. Oh well hopefully my luck changes.

Physiologic
02-26-2011, 04:22 PM
When you grind, try not to have that "when am I going to get a pink" mindset because that will just let your game experience turn sour. Just continue to play and don't expect pinks at all :)

markus
02-26-2011, 05:14 PM
Yea, thanx for not flaming my little rant! Lol
Think ill play my although for a bit for change of pace

Conradin
02-26-2011, 05:33 PM
This game is not for bite size session..... -.-

Kindread
02-26-2011, 06:22 PM
Don't hate me because I'm lucky but it's all up to chance. On the path to 56, I've gotten about 7 pink drops so far with 3 being due to luck elixir.

Tengotengo
02-26-2011, 08:22 PM
I got a 55 RR cap on my....5th or 6th trip into the sewers. I've also been pretty lucky with the drops, as I've gotten a good share of purples, and a green when others get yellows.
I have to say though....I don't think I WANT the pinks. Lowmans, Drainers, and Trapps are what I've been wanting. I'd be in luck if I was a 55! I like Regen a lot. Since my EQ days, regen has been what separates the living character from the body run. I have no compunctions to run when bad stuff happens, like when I see the puller come back with King AND Queen? I'm outtie.

Anyway, that does suck not getting any pinks. Maybe use a Trash Can Punch instead of just an XP pot. Also, I hope they stick a new quest armor in. That grind has a very definable conclusion which I like.

RedRyder
02-26-2011, 08:50 PM
Lol in level 54 and never seen any pinks drop in bs for anyone in my party. All greens equipped :( I just wanna get some quick before the sets come out and they'll be pretty impossible to buy then

Durnam
02-26-2011, 08:56 PM
This game is not for bite size session..... -.-

I have to disagree with you. I usually play for 10-15 minute stints at a time, which is possible because of the break up in maps. Currently I'm level 31 and have 2 pinks. (not sure if talking about total amount of pinks in this thread or just level 56.) Either way this game is great for bite size sessions, just not at higher levels

Xymorg
02-26-2011, 10:13 PM
Ya, I've seen two BS pinks drop & (3 if you count recipees) this & my ao3 VL lack of results ( I've seen every good VL drop & never got one.)

It's to the point where I'm beginning to suspect there's some hidden luck stat that my toons rolled poorly for that can only be overcome by some serious farming bosses. Lol, I just realized that this stat probably doesn't exist since it would be indistinguishable from RL luck, countered by averaging over the long run. Strange how it feels like it is my character, not me, that is snakebit.

But it's cool since it's all balanced by the fact that you don't really need any of top gears to have fun or be good at playing.

superglut2
02-27-2011, 12:45 AM
I agree with numbers

Riccits
02-27-2011, 06:35 AM
i have gotten a fury shield 53 (useless, sold) a gem shard wand (2nd best, so nothing for me, sold) and 2H Sword (uselss and worhless too). i see every day 3-4 pinks drop (not to me)
so actually my pinks count: 0
and my archer is halfway to 56 and my mage is 55. i uset less XP pots, so may u can immagine how many i played...
its a bit annoing get nothing all the time, but i dont wanna whine... max i whine when i c in CS so many lvl 55 pinks in there and often from same seller... :-/

anyway i made 3-4mil in BS by selling all it got until now... iam going to buy when iam think prices ok...

Higher loot rate? hmm... maximal a bit..just like ao3 bosses.

markus
02-27-2011, 07:15 AM
When pvping it dose help to have the best gear though......

Snakespeare
02-27-2011, 10:04 AM
Is it possible that the drop rates in ao2 and ao3 are too high? What do we do with all those plasma pyramid pinks, liquidate them? And of all the drops in ao3, only a dozen or so are desired. Nobody uses anything purple or green from those levels because there are too many "crap" pinks.

Now, in BS, we do get excited over purple, and even green is worth selling.

So maybe it's a good thing.

I mean, what were they supposed to do, make another batch of whites, oranges, greens, and purples that exist solely to be liquidated and have weird names, and all types of pinks when people are only interested in a few? Seems like wasted effort to me.

Physiologic
02-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Is it possible that the drop rates in ao2 and ao3 are too high? What do we do with all those plasma pyramid pinks, liquidate them? And of all the drops in ao3, only a dozen or so are desired. Nobody uses anything purple or green from those levels because there are too many "crap" pinks.

Now, in BS, we do get excited over purple, and even green is worth selling.

So maybe it's a good thing.

I mean, what were they supposed to do, make another batch of whites, oranges, greens, and purples that exist solely to be liquidated and have weird names, and all types of pinks when people are only interested in a few? Seems like wasted effort to me.

I agree w/ everything here.

Everyone complained about how worthless trash loot was and that their only function is LIQUIDATION. Now we archers can wear a green Bagman's set, equip a dodge/defense ring, and you have a set that is almost equal to the pink set (and actually, if you wear the DEX Crown of Persistence, it might be better than the pink set).

Of course, everyone complains about how worthless the new pinks are then :)

Phoenixking
02-27-2011, 02:33 PM
You can level to level56 after the new cap 56 will becoem shorter and 61 will happen

TwinkTastical
02-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Just because its "casual" doesnt mean everyone gets the best **** for free.

Tengotengo
02-27-2011, 03:04 PM
heh yea, I just finished another Cyber quest and came out of all of those VLs and CAs with 65k of liquidated gear alone.

Again, I don't find the Pinks good because there's seldom any regen on them. Granted, the damage is great...
I like the greens and yellows best! Super cheap, packed with regen, and the stats they lack aren't crucial to me as I'm not into DPS as much as support.

What I find sad is what the game economy has turned into with all the ao3 runs. Keepers Staff of the Cosmos for 5000. That's.....crazy. It's like over-producing Ferraris, so they sell for $10,000.

Xymorg
02-27-2011, 07:08 PM
When pvping it dose help to have the best gear though......

Item packs.

Farming for pwnership is probably a poor method. From the sts view, the guys paying real money to trick out their toons should definitely be rewarded over the ones spending 200 hrs farming on their bandwidth. Profit center baby!

The BS drop rates are just fine. More to the point, any change now would hurt the community more than it helped. I was only chiming in to agree that lots of 55+ people went 0fer & trying to point out that there's really no pve board that you need the level 55 pinks to play well. In that sense they are just vanity: a 0.5% increase in dmg is not going to change your game.

lordwill0
02-27-2011, 08:58 PM
If anything, I think the drop rates for rare items are too high. I have never gotten a really good drop before (best was a creepy doll of shadows, back when you always got a shadow item from the bosses, but i sold for 50k)... I trade to get all my gear. I mean seriously, its been a few days, and there are already more then enough sewer items for the people who want one to get one (granted they have the money). Anyways, in other mmorpgs, it usually takes weeks before you can get new items at a reasonable price. Maybe it's because i never farm items. I always got powerleveled by friends, using double exp and skipping the bosses. I've played the sewers a few times and haven't seen any pink drops, but looking at the CS, there seem to be a ton.