PDA

View Full Version : What's the relationship between skill damage and weapon damage?

Generators
02-26-2011, 11:09 PM
Greetings! Could anyone explain to me the relationship between skill damage and weapon damage? Is there any formulation between these two attributes?
Thanks!

RedRyder
02-26-2011, 11:19 PM
skills are based on your attribute points. the higher they are, the more damage your skills do.

bears skills based on str
enchantresses based on int
archers based on dex

the weapons you choose to equip on your character boost up a specific or multiple attributes, so if you have gear that give you like 12 of your attribute then your skills will do much damage.

thats the dumbed down explination :p anyone else wanna give a more educated answer?

Ellyidol
02-26-2011, 11:20 PM
As far as I know, some weapons give more of their damage to skill damage rather than attribute damage.

Take for example a 55 sword and 55 axe. The axe shows more base damage in the attributes, but the sword shows more skill damage even with lower base damage.

I'm not sure with other weapons, but this is how I understand it as. It really just depends on the weapon type. Royce should know ;)

RedRyder
02-26-2011, 11:24 PM
where are ya royceee!!

Physiologic
02-26-2011, 11:34 PM
As far as I know there are no currently accepted formulas that connect weapon damage and skill damage together. Royce and I have done our own separate numerations on this matter and we both came up with inconclusive results/formulas.

So far all we can say is that a portion of weapon damage, influenced by this unknown variable that different weapon types provide, is added to skill damage.

Physiologic
02-27-2011, 01:04 AM
I made this just for you (hope you're a bird, cause if you aren't my bad :D):

http://i52.tinypic.com/16jh72u.jpg

Chart in a nutshell (aka rules of thumb to follow as an archer):

1. Weapons with a WEAPON SPEED OF 1.0 will add 118 damage to low end and 97 damage to high end of skill damage.
2. Weapons with a WEAPON SPEED OF 0.9 (0.85) will add 113 damage to low end and 92 damage to high end of skill damage.
3. Weapons with a WEAPON SPEED OF 0.6 will add 137 damage to low end and 154 damage to high end of skill damage.

OR

1. Guns/Bows will add anywhere between 72% to 78% of their damage to skill damage.
2. Talons will add 1% of their damage to skill damage.

Couldn't find a precise universal equation though...